GOP

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    These people are crazy.

All Trump has/had to do is/was tout the very vaccines he wanted credit for making so quickly and tens of thousands more people (maybe hundreds of thousands) might very well still be alive and life would be even more back to normal by this point. 
    This tells you something important.. Trump is a mouthpiece for the uneducated (fools), he's not necessarily the leader of them.  He channels them, he doesn't influence them.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mrussel1 said:
    These people are crazy.

All Trump has/had to do is/was tout the very vaccines he wanted credit for making so quickly and tens of thousands more people (maybe hundreds of thousands) might very well still be alive and life would be even more back to normal by this point. 
    This tells you something important.. Trump is a mouthpiece for the uneducated (fools), he's not necessarily the leader of them.  He channels them, he doesn't influence them.  
     I think he has a lot of influence. My point was if he was vocal about getting the vaccine and vocal about the benefits and how everyone should get them, you'd likely have millions more lining up for the shots and tens of thousands less dead. Just imagine if he got his shot on television, imagine him on commercials touting the vaccine's benefits, imagine him talking about that nonstop instead of the election he lost by 7 million votes. 

You're saying you think they still would not trust the vaccine despite all of that happening? Maybe I am not understanding you correctly...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    mrussel1 said:
    These people are crazy.

I think he has a lot of influence. My point was if he was vocal about getting the vaccine and vocal about the benefits and how everyone should get them, you'd likely have millions more lining up for the shots and tens of thousands less dead. Just imagine if he got his shot on television, imagine him on commercials touting the vaccine's benefits, imagine him talking about that nonstop instead of the election he lost by 7 million votes. 

You're saying you think they still would not trust the vaccine despite all of that happening? Maybe I am not understanding you correctly...

Here is what Trump said about the vaccine:

"I would recommend it and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly," Trump told "Fox News Primetime."
    Still, he continued: "But it is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works."

The people that are choosing to not take the vaccine are not going to listen to anyone. 
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    mrussel1 said:
    These people are crazy.

I agree 1000% that this would have made a huge difference.

JB16057 said:

"I would recommend it and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly," Trump told "Fox News Primetime."
    Still, he continued: "But it is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works."

The people that are choosing to not take the vaccine are not going to listen to anyone. 

This was in March and to my memory, was the only time he touted the vaccine after the election.

mrussel1 said:
    These people are crazy.

JB16057 said:

This was in March and to my memory, was the only time he touted the vaccine after the election.

Right,  so why isn't he pushing it? I think it's because it runs against the tide of his supporters. That's why I don't think he's a thought leader in the party,  he's a mouthpiece of the grass roots 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    These people are crazy.

JB16057 said:

Right,  so why isn't he pushing it? I think it's because it runs against the tide of his supporters. That's why I don't think he's a thought leader in the party,  he's a mouthpiece of the grass roots 
    Control the mob and you control Rome.  Completely pandering to his base.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    I think if he had won the election, he would be shouting from the rooftops about his "great success" of beating the virus with the vaccines that he was singularly responsible for. My guess is that if he runs for 2024, and the vaccine proves to be what ends or at least majorly subdues the virus, he will be taking credit for it as part of his campaign.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    These people are crazy.

JB16057 said:

It might go against them now, sure. However most of them were wanting to give Trump all the credit in the world for Operation Warp Speed. So if Trump had been vocal about them actually getting it from the start, I’m pretty sure a whole bunch of them would’ve gotten it by now and it would not have such a negative connotation with those people. These people rarely, if ever, disagree with Trump on anything. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    These people are crazy.

JB16057 said:

It might go against them now, sure. However most of them were wanting to give Trump all the credit in the world for Operation Warp Speed. So if Trump had been vocal about them actually getting it from the start, I’m pretty sure a whole bunch of them would’ve gotten it by now and it would not have such a negative connotation with those people. These people rarely, if ever, disagree with Trump on anything. 
    When he showed some squishiness on the DACA kids, the right wing went crazy.  Comments on Breitbart were all about "I'm threw (sic) with him...", etc.  He has to stay in line with the base.  
    The intellectual lead (I use that term loosely) is Tucker. 
    edited July 2021
    But DACA has been an issue well before Trump started pretending to be a republican.

His lie about the election being stolen and the vaccine/mask reluctance are obviously new as of the past year and a half. I firmly believe a significant amount of those people wouldn't behave/think the way they do had Trump simply acted like a responsible human being. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    But DACA has been an issue well before Trump started pretending to be a republican.

His lie about the election being stolen and the vaccine/mask reluctance are obviously new as of the past year and a half. I firmly believe a significant amount of those people wouldn't behave/think the way they do had Trump simply acted like a responsible human being. 

I'm not convinced of that.  This base is just so reactionary on every issue.  He was touting and pushing the vaccines all through the second half of 2020.  It was clear that he thought getting them out before the election was a winning issue.  Now he is silent and I believe that's because the base made clear where they were on it and he won't buck them.  

mrussel1 said:

I'm not convinced of that.  This base is just so reactionary on every issue.  He was touting and pushing the vaccines all through the second half of 2020.  It was clear that he thought getting them out before the election was a winning issue.  Now he is silent and I believe that's because the base made clear where they were on it and he won't buck them.  

I disagree. I think he is silent because he's not president anymore and doesn't care if they get vaccinated or not.

But if he won re election he'd have to encourage them to get the vaccine he wanted credit for getting made so quickly. I don't see why people, who just months earlier were happy about the vaccine coming out sooner than expected, would suddenly shift to being anti vaccine while the Trump administration would be the one's getting shots in our arms. 

I would imagine Ron Johnson, and Rand Paul etc etc etc would not have changed their public views on the vaccines either had Trump.

But who the hell knows. I would love to read a sci fi alternate history of what the world would look like had the election not gone our way. You ever read the book or watch the tv show "Man in the High Castle?" We need one of those for modern times...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:

I disagree. I think he is silent because he's not president anymore and doesn't care if they get vaccinated or not.

But if he won re election he'd have to encourage them to get the vaccine he wanted credit for getting made so quickly. I don't see why people, who just months earlier were happy about the vaccine coming out sooner than expected, would suddenly shift to being anti vaccine while the Trump administration would be the one's getting shots in our arms. 

I would imagine Ron Johnson, and Rand Paul etc etc etc would not have changed their public views on the vaccines either had Trump.

But who the hell knows. I would love to read a sci fi alternate history of what the world would look like had the election not gone our way. You ever read the book or watch the tv show "Man in the High Castle?" We need one of those for modern times...
    No, I never read that.  But I did read a book called Fatherland that imagined a world where the Nazis won the war, but they hid the Holocaust and one Nazi colonel discovered it and was trying to expose it.  I'm sure completely different than what you're talking about, but was a very good book. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, I never read that.  But I did read a book called Fatherland that imagined a world where the Nazis won the war, but they hid the Holocaust and one Nazi colonel discovered it and was trying to expose it.  I'm sure completely different than what you're talking about, but was a very good book. 
    Interesting. I'll have to look into that. 

Man in High Castle is built off the same premise where the Axis powers on ww2. Nazis control everything east of the Rocky Mountains and the Japanese control the west coast. The show is on Prime. I loved it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Man in High Castle is built off the same premise where the Axis powers on ww2. Nazis control everything east of the Rocky Mountains and the Japanese control the west coast. The show is on Prime. I loved it. 
    I have heard that concept.  And then there's teh resistance.  Good show then?  I will have to check it out.  I gobble up anything historical or historical fiction.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I have heard that concept.  And then there's teh resistance.  Good show then?  I will have to check it out.  I gobble up anything historical or historical fiction.  
    Matou quentin tarantino kill GIF on GIFER - by Grarim
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mrussel1 said:

I would love to have lived an alternate history where any other person but Trump was president at the time the pandemic hit, and that person focused on evidence-based public health measures that pretty much the entire country ended up buying into.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Man in the High Castle was an awesome show. I loved it as well. I was sorry to see it end. 
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Man in the High Castle was an awesome show. I loved it as well. I was sorry to see it end. 
    I miss it! They could've easily done another season or two
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    These people are crazy.

It is amazing that one idiot to actually end this freaking nightmare in the US and he won’t do it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    Funny, but I don’t think they’ve jumped the shark yet. Whole lot of crazy going on.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRjyTdbHi-V/?utm_medium=copy_link
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    US Rep. Greene: Twitter timeout is 'Communist-style' attack
    The Associated Press
    Today

ATLANTA (AP) — Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene blasted social media companies over her temporary suspension from Twitter on Tuesday, calling it “a Communist-style attack on free speech."

Twitter imposed the 12-hour timeout on Monday, saying some of her tweets violated its policy against spreading misinformation that could cause harm during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Twitter, Facebook, and the rest of the Silicon Valley Cartel are working hand in hand with the White House to censor Americans," the Georgia Republican said in a statement.

Twitter suspended Greene after President Joe Biden urged tech companies to take stronger action against bogus vaccine claims that are “killing people.” Twitter has defended its efforts to keep dangerous misinformation about COVID-19 off its site, saying it has removed thousands of tweets and challenged millions of accounts worldwide.

Greene appears to have been disciplined under the “strike” system Twitter launched in March, using a combination of artificial intelligence and machine learning to identify content about the coronavirus that is misleading enough to cause harm to people. Two or three strikes earn a 12-hour account lock; four strikes prompt a weeklong suspension, and five or more strikes can get someone permanently removed from Twitter.

“We took enforcement action on the account @mtgreenee for violations of the Twitter Rules, specifically the Covid-19 misleading information policy,” the company said in an email.

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    A gop politician being a gop politician...

I can't imagine the rest of this for context being any better but I'm really curious on to why he thought that was a good idea?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
     Paul Gosar was a beloved dentist. Now he’s a MAGA congressman. His former patients need a spit bowl.
    By Ben Terris

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/paul-gosar-dentist-congressman-trump/2021/07/20/86eac5b6-e7c9-11eb-97a0-a09d10181e36_story.html

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    mickeyrat said:
     Paul Gosar was a beloved dentist. Now he’s a MAGA congressman. His former patients need a spit bowl.
    By Ben Terris

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/paul-gosar-dentist-congressman-trump/2021/07/20/86eac5b6-e7c9-11eb-97a0-a09d10181e36_story.html

All these devils in disguise 
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

Remember when Kamala Harris called out Joe Biden for his past racial tendencies? and then turned around and laughed about it just being a debate?

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    The only reason we’re hearing all this “go get a shot” from these hypocrites is because they’re afraid all their voters will die or worse turn on them.  It’s an ugly thought i know, but these are some truly ugly people. 
    JB16057 said:

Remember when Kamala Harris called out Joe Biden for his past racial tendencies? and then turned around and laughed about it just being a debate?

Yes, and if you frequented the boards here, you'll recall how angry I was about that cheap shot related to bussing.  The fact that Biden chose her as VP shows you both how pragmatic and how dispassionate he is when making choices.  It takes an uncommon man to put that aside.