I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

After Rough Trade cancelled my order, this aqua vinyl edition arrived today from a different seller. I’m looking forward to spinning it. 

Great band!  The show of theirs I went to is the only time I was almost dead certain a riot was going to break out.  The violent vibe in the air was as thick as smoke in a backroom poker game.  I enjoyed the show immensely from the back of the small club.
    I have seen them 3 times. Their shows are always fun. I am glad you enjoyed them as well. The fans can get crazy.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

After Rough Trade cancelled my order, this aqua vinyl edition arrived today from a different seller. I’m looking forward to spinning it. 

Great band!  The show of theirs I went to is the only time I was almost dead certain a riot was going to break out.  The violent vibe in the air was as thick as smoke in a backroom poker game.  I enjoyed the show immensely from the back of the small club.
    I have seen them 3 times. Their shows are always fun. I am glad you enjoyed them as well. The fans can get crazy.

Three time!  Excellent! 
    I saw them fairly early* on but I would have LOVED to see them when they were discovered by James Honeyman-Scott and invited by Chrissie Hynde to play that show on August 23, 1981.  What a cool moment that must have been for that young band.  Such a cool story!

* Sadly, I did not keep my ticket stub or record the date but looking at their gigography, I believe it was on 4/20/86 at One Step Beyond, Santa Clara, CA.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Three time!  Excellent! 
    I saw them fairly early* on but I would have LOVED to see them when they were discovered by James Honeyman-Scott and invited by Chrissie Hynde to play that show on August 23, 1981.  What a cool moment that must have been for that young band.  Such a cool story!

* Sadly, I did not keep my ticket stub or record the date but looking at their gigography, I believe it was on 4/20/86 at One Step Beyond, Santa Clara, CA.
    Wow. You saw them early on. I first saw them in 1992. The other two shows were more recent - within the past 10 years. 
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    If you don't have the 2012 AP version, this new Blue Note coming soon should be the next best thing.  Kenny Burrell Midnight Blue.  Classic. 

https://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Blue-Note-Classic-Vinyl/dp/B096TTLLR2/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=kenny+burrell&qid=1625588424&sr=8-4
    mrussel1 said:
    If you don't have the 2012 AP version, this new Blue Note coming soon should be the next best thing.  Kenny Burrell Midnight Blue.  Classic. 

https://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Blue-Note-Classic-Vinyl/dp/B096TTLLR2/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=kenny+burrell&qid=1625588424&sr=8-4
    The Grant Green Idle Moments classic series release should be good too. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Three time!  Excellent! 

Wow. You saw them early on. I first saw them in 1992. The other two shows were more recent - within the past 10 years. 

Cool!  I'm curious- when you saw them, did Gano do any of his religious songs? 
    When I saw them, they were ripping through their great repertoire of semi-acoustic punk numbers and about half way through the set, Gordon Gano played a solo number, just voice and acoustic guitar- a beautiful spiritual number that was really fine and nicely placed in the set.  Only problem is, the mostly hardcore crowd started booing and throwing shit and things really got shaky.  I was impressed by the way Gordon held his own and finished the number.  Right away after that they ripped into a good revved up number written by Brian Ritchie that probably saved their asses.. Crazy show, lol!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    GlowGirl said:

The song American Music is by far my fav song from them.
    A good friend just sent me this one..

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    A good friend just sent me this one..

Awesome, great friend. I have been looking for the Friday Music version that Kevin Gray cut for a few years. Just never see it.
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Three time!  Excellent! 

Cool!  I'm curious- when you saw them, did Gano do any of his religious songs? 
    When I saw them, they were ripping through their great repertoire of semi-acoustic punk numbers and about half way through the set, Gordon Gano played a solo number, just voice and acoustic guitar- a beautiful spiritual number that was really fine and nicely placed in the set.  Only problem is, the mostly hardcore crowd started booing and throwing shit and things really got shaky.  I was impressed by the way Gordon held his own and finished the number.  Right away after that they ripped into a good revved up number written by Brian Ritchie that probably saved their asses.. Crazy show, lol!
    I can't remember if he did or not. But there was no violence on the part of the audience. The first time I saw them was at an outdoor festival, so that had a different vibe as well.

So opened my damaged Vault 10 today and was looking it over and I have a question about the pressing. I asked this in the Vault 10 thread, but thought more of you over here would maybe be able to help

Question about where Vault 10 was pressed.
    My copy I think was pressed at RTI (per runout information), however @Santos L. Halper said they where shipped from Cascade in Milwaukie, OR. So I am a little confused about where these were pressed. Previous vaults were plated at RTI, but always had additional runout information pertaining to Cascade as the pressing plant. These do not. So maybe the vinyl were pressed at RTI and then packaged at Cascade? And since all vaults were shipped from 10C, I assume there is not difference in pressings for the EU. Thoughts?
    Got these in the mail today, all cut by Kevin Gray. Now I need time to listen to all these.

Just preordered the new Courtney Barnett 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    MedozK said:
    Got these in the mail today, all cut by Kevin Gray. Now I need time to listen to all these.

I have the Morgan and the Gordon.  They are both great.  One Flight Up might be my favorite Dexter record, and that's saying a lot.  
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Three time!  Excellent! 

One Step Beyond!! I loved watching shows there! I managed to catch RHCP, PIL and the Sugarcubes among others there. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Moline arrived yesterday....packaging is intact..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    This looks interesting.  Says cut directly from the 1/4" tapes with tip on jacket.  I believe I have the 2010 version.  Anyone know if the previous issues were all analog? It sounds like it but hard to be sure. 

https://elusivedisc.com/the-white-stripes-white-blood-cells-2021-reissue-180g-lp/?_kx=7uUhW7ZJpxL6zYOt7PbmofsUJkeFV-VRT9GREstAXP5LfPg0hJ8e8ly9vqodSWiC.KY8xPA
    mrussel1 said:
    https://thirdmanstore.com/products/the-white-stripes-white-blood-cells

If it is the same as this one that's been on the third man site the last month or so then I've already ordered it. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    https://thirdmanstore.com/products/the-white-stripes-white-blood-cells

If it is the same as this one that's been on the third man site the last month or so then I've already ordered it. 
    It’s the same. I’m more curious if anyone knows affirmatively if the 2009 or 2014 pressings were all analog or not.  I like my version but if it’s not analog I would upgrade.
    I have the 2010. not sure. Looked up the 2014, apparently it is AAA. But I noticed it was cut at NRP by Wes Garland. Wonder if this one is a repress of that? I may have to get this one to find out. Even if it is, I don't have the 2014, so I will be good.
    MedozK said:
    I have the 2010. not sure. Looked up the 2014, apparently it is AAA. But I noticed it was cut at NRP by Wes Garland. Wonder if this one is a repress of that? I may have to get this one to find out. Even if it is, I don't have the 2014, so I will be good.
    Yeah I have 2010, not 09. 

There will be a pinwheel version that's only at TMR stores and certain indy stores.  I need to find that one. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

There will be a pinwheel version that's only at TMR stores and certain indy stores.  I need to find that one. 

need?

suggests a problem....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

need?

suggests a problem....
    super need?
    edited July 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Where did you see info about the pinwheel version?

Edit: Nevermind I found it.
    Post edited by MedozK on
    Analog Spark pressing in the mail today.

MedozK said:
    Analog Spark pressing in the mail today.

Mine came yesterday.  Sounded good.  I would put it in the category of the Monk record from Berkley.  It's analog and sounds good for a live record, but not 'great'.  My benchmark for a live show is probably Bill Evans Montreaux Jazz Festival (AP), Smokin at the Half Note (AP) or Take the A Train by Dexter Gordon.  
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Anyone have this boxset? Wondering how it sounds as I have an opportunity to pick one up NM at a decent price: