I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    These arrived while on vacation last week. Can't wait to spin them soon!

Tom Petty - Angel Dream RSD
    Rage Against The Machine - The Battle of Mexico City RSD
    My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges (Cream blob reissue)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I thought Target sold out days ago?  I shouldve ordered from there if it came back lol.  
    there were 7 online only available when I ordered?

just looked right now and it says 6 left.....

Im not sure if that’s the one im after, mickey.  I ordered the new pressing. This one may be the 2019 one (which is still good)

it is. just looked up the barcode on discogs.

target is pretty light on details.
    It's the right one.  https://www.target.com/p/oliver-nelson---the-blues-and-abstract-truth--verve-acoustic-sounds-series---lp---vinyl-/-/A-82778591

Verve/Acoustic Sounds Series.  Acoustic Sounds = AP = QRP.  These are all companies owned by Chad Kassem.  

Unfortunately the price is now 34.99 on Target and it's backordered.  Might as well buy is from AS directly since it's in stock.  https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/162861/Oliver_Nelson-Blues_And_The_Abstract_Truth-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

Mine still hasn't been shipped, so that's annoying. 
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    New Hiss Golden Messenger is really great. Highly recommend picking up a copy. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I thought Target sold out days ago?  I shouldve ordered from there if it came back lol.  

Im not sure if that’s the one im after, mickey.  I ordered the new pressing. This one may be the 2019 one (which is still good)

It's the right one.  https://www.target.com/p/oliver-nelson---the-blues-and-abstract-truth--verve-acoustic-sounds-series---lp---vinyl-/-/A-82778591

Verve/Acoustic Sounds Series.  Acoustic Sounds = AP = QRP.  These are all companies owned by Chad Kassem.  

Unfortunately the price is now 34.99 on Target and it's backordered.  Might as well buy is from AS directly since it's in stock.  https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/162861/Oliver_Nelson-Blues_And_The_Abstract_Truth-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

Because I support the notion of shopping locally, I'll consider buying new vinyl LP's at our local Target when two things happen:
    1.  They start carrying more than 4 or 5 titles, all of which I have no interest in, and,
    2.  When they stop referring to them as vinyls.  That's right, vinyls with a zzzzzzzz:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    pjpjpaul said:
    New Hiss Golden Messenger is really great. Highly recommend picking up a copy. 
    Spinning again. So damn good. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Because I support the notion of shopping locally, I'll consider buying new vinyl LP's at our local Target when two things happen:
    1.  They start carrying more than 4 or 5 titles, all of which I have no interest in, and,
    2.  When they stop referring to them as vinyls.  That's right, vinyls with a zzzzzzzz:lol:
    I am writing into Webster to have Vinyls included into the new vernacular of American English.
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

I am writing into Webster to have Vinyls included into the new vernacular of American English.

Gotta tell you, brother, if you do and it goes through, you will be hunted down, harassed and tortured mercilessly by at least half of the 103,310 members of the Steve Hoffman  music forums.  :lol:  
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Gotta tell you, brother, if you do and it goes through, you will be hunted down, harassed and tortured mercilessly by at least half of the 103,310 members of the Steve Hoffman  music forums.  :lol:  
    I hear the term "words and meanings change and new words are developed over necessity".  Plus I'd do it just to piss people off, lol!!!
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

I hear the term "words and meanings change and new words are developed over necessity".  Plus I'd do it just to piss people off, lol!!!

I shouldn't let stuff like that bother me, but it does, especially when the changing language is shown to be egregiously inaccurate.  Beside the misnomer "vinyls", another common one is "shop local".  "Shop" in this case, is a verb.  Using the adjective "local" to modify "shop" illustrates a lack of basic understanding of the English language.  "Locally", on the other hand, is an adverb, and is used properly in the term "shop locally".

I know a lot of people will say or think, "BFD, what does it matter if people know what you mean?".  I guess it matter to me because language, the way it is developing, is a major example of "dumbing down", the intentional diminishing of intelligent expression.  That bugs me.

• Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    I always shop local for vinyls. 
    I always shop local for vinyls. 
    I picked up three record just today
    Vinyls Me Please 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

I shouldn't let stuff like that bother me, but it does, especially when the changing language is shown to be egregiously inaccurate.  Beside the misnomer "vinyls", another common one is "shop local".  "Shop" in this case, is a verb.  Using the adjective "local" to modify "shop" illustrates a lack of basic understanding of the English language.  "Locally", on the other hand, is an adverb, and is used properly in the term "shop locally".

I know a lot of people will say or think, "BFD, what does it matter if people know what you mean?".  I guess it matter to me because language, the way it is developing, is a major example of "dumbing down", the intentional diminishing of intelligent expression.  That bugs me.
    When people start to dissect what you wrote but understood what you meant is just petty to me.  You'll see that a lot on AMT.  Sooo many people want to show how smart they are/dumb you are.

I can do 10 million tasks with my hands, form critical thinking and problem solving but I used the wrong word in a sentence?

GFY...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    arrived today

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Got mine today too.  Love how acousticsounds packages up their LPs. 

edited July 2021
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

When people start to dissect what you wrote but understood what you meant is just petty to me.  You'll see that a lot on AMT.  Sooo many people want to show how smart they are/dumb you are.

I can do 10 million tasks with my hands, form critical thinking and problem solving but I used the wrong word in a sentence?

GFY...

Well, my point was not to show how smart I am and how dumb others are.  Not at all and I'm bummed that you would suggest I do that.  I wasn't born with perfect language skills and I am far from perfect now.  I was well into middle age before I learned to say "well" instead of "good" when asked how I was doing.  I appreciate that someone wised me up on that.  And that's just one example.  There are plenty others.  My passing along some things I've learned does not make me better than anyone else. 
    Goddamn it!  I thought you might have some better notion of who I am.  If I've given such an erroneous a viewpoint of who I am, then I must be the most stupid ass here.  Bummer. 
    And then on top of it, you tell me "GFY", "go fuck yourself", but don't have the nerve to just outright say it out right. 
    This isn't the first time you've shown contempt for me.  Well, OK, fine then, if you think that lowly of me, you should put me on ignore here so we're done.  And fuck me off your FB page too.
    Adios.

Sorry everybody else.  Probably should have kept this in PMs.  I just don't like being told publicly to fuck off.
    Post edited by brianlux on

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

GFY...

Well, my point was not to show how smart I am and how dumb others are.  Not at all and I'm bummed that you would suggest I do that.  I wasn't born with perfect language skills and I am far from perfect now.  I was well into middle age before I learned to say "well" instead of "good" when asked how I was doing.  I appreciate that someone wised me up on that.  And that's just one example.  There are plenty others.  My passing along some things I've learned does not make me better than anyone else. 
    Goddamn it!  I thought you might have some better notion of who I am.  If I've given such an erroneous a viewpoint of who I am, then I must be the most stupid ass here.  Bummer. 
    And then on top of it, you tell me "GFY", "go fuck yourself", but don't have the nerve to just outright say it out right. 
    This isn't the first time you've shown contempt for me.  Well, OK, fine then, if you think that lowly of me, you should put me on ignore here so we're done.  And fuck me off your FB page too.
    Adios.

Sorry everybody else.  Probably should have kept this in PMs.  I just don't like being told publicly to fuck off.
    THIS WAS A JOKE!!!  NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!!!

My apologies Brian, it was in no way meant to be taken seriously.  I am truly sorry.  I thought it was funny.  If you knew me face to face you'd have laughed(hopefully).

I'm reading it now and it's not funny in plain text.  I pictured myself being dramatic and flamboyant when I wrote this.

Lesson learned to be more specific when it is meant nearly as a joke...

Sorry.

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

GFY...

Adios.

My apologies Brian, it was in no way meant to be taken seriously.  I am truly sorry.  I thought it was funny.  If you knew me face to face you'd have laughed(hopefully).

I'm reading it now and it's not funny in plain text.  I pictured myself being dramatic and flamboyant when I wrote this.

Sorry.

I SAW PEARL JAM
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

GFY...

Adios.

Sorry.

Oh man!  Sorry for the misunderstanding.  You're a good dude, I shoulda known better!
    ("Shoulda"  Now there's some fucking good English for ya, haha!)

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

GFY...

Adios.

Sorry.

Oh man!  Sorry for the misunderstanding.  You're a good dude, I shoulda known better!
    lol.  Thanks Brian and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Shoulda, ha!
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

GFY...

Adios.

Sorry.

lol.  Thanks Brian and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Shoulda, ha!
    High Five GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027

.......soooooooooo good!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

.......soooooooooo good!
    Makes you want to buy every release for this series :lol:
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

Some funky new pick-ups:

Dyke & the Blazers - Down on Funky Broadway

Jazz Dispensary- Moon Rocks and The Dank D-Funk Blend V.2

If you’re not up on the Jazz Dispensary release, they’re awesome. Straight fire-funk jazz.

Also, going to have to track down a copy of the Olive Nelson ASS release everyone is going goo-goo over.
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived today

Target or AS?
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived today

Target or AS?

target.
    18.99 plus shipping etc.

my app still shows 6 available.

where did yours ship from?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived today

Target or AS?

target.
    18.99 plus shipping etc.

Pissing me off. Hasn't shipped yet.  

18.99???  
    edited July 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived today

Target or AS?

target.
    18.99 plus shipping etc.

Pissing me off. Hasn't shipped yet.  

18.99???  

yeah man.

2 left

Post edited by mickeyrat on