Options

psst...6/15/2021

Comments

• Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    So glad the growler was 1 per member, but the limited edition clear no code was open slather. 

*sarcasm
  • Options
    ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 207
    It's on Target for pre-order now (black vinyl) : https://www.target.com/p/pearl-jam-no-code-150g-vinyl/-/A-83780271
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    apirk72 said:
    I know very few will get this but

I would love to see Pearl Jam sign with Amrep just so I could read Tom Hazlemyer’s responses to all these complaints and demands.
    That would be hilarious.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    So glad the growler was 1 per member, but the limited edition clear no code was open slather. 

*sarcasm
    Im not familiar with the term "growler" in terms of this drinks thing. It is very crude slang for something else here. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,987
    edited June 2021
    FR181798 said:

*sarcasm
    Im not familiar with the term "growler" in terms of this drinks thing. It is very crude slang for something else here. 
    Hahah i know that  version. You must be english
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 730
    No Code: great album. Remember listening to it for the first time at midnight on the radio. First notes of each song seemed to come from an other world. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    My uncle who works at Nintendo told me not worry about it because the clear vinyl is going to be an "Avalanche, falling fast" version and the 2021 black vinyl will be "circumstance, clapping hands."  
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,040
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:
    Sorry if I missed it but how is the black version different from the 2016 release? The description for amazon says its the first time available since original release.  Just bad cut and paste?
    There hasn’t been any further update from the ten club so it’s assumed they just cut and pasted without updating the description. 
    Imagine having a fan club where 10's of thousands of fans all have the same questions and the fan club actually hires moderators and they don't answer the questions the fans have been asking?
    the mods aren't here to answer our questions about merch. any time someone has a question about merch, we're supposed to send 10C an email. you'll likely get a non-response anyway, but any time I've asked a mod something like this I get told "not sure, contact 10C via email". 
    Imagine having a fan club with 10's of thousands of fans with no one to answer their questions, lol?

Whom is 10c? 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    My uncle who works at Nintendo told me not worry about it because the clear vinyl is going to be an "Avalanche, falling fast" version and the 2021 black vinyl will be "circumstance, clapping hands."  
    I find it funny that 3 words are the difference from the 2016 version being a $30 record or a $150 record.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    FR181798 said:

*sarcasm
    Imagine if they sold out of those… bet you’d really hear some complaining then. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:
    Sorry if I missed it but how is the black version different from the 2016 release? The description for amazon says its the first time available since original release.  Just bad cut and paste?
    There hasn’t been any further update from the ten club so it’s assumed they just cut and pasted without updating the description. 
    Imagine having a fan club where 10's of thousands of fans all have the same questions and the fan club actually hires moderators and they don't answer the questions the fans have been asking?
    the mods aren't here to answer our questions about merch. any time someone has a question about merch, we're supposed to send 10C an email. you'll likely get a non-response anyway, but any time I've asked a mod something like this I get told "not sure, contact 10C via email". 
    Imagine having a fan club with 10's of thousands of fans with no one to answer their questions, lol?

Whom is 10c? 
    dude, they have a contact section with several different ways to contact ten club for whatever your issue/question is. 

mods moderate. they aren't tech support or customer service. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Was there ever an official explanation for the lyric change before? I remember a lot assumed something must have happened to the original or something and this is what they had. If people still think that, why would this be anything different from 2016?

Im also curious, I don’t know much about how recordings work. Would it have been a whole new take? Would just that line been inserted? The 2 versions sound exactly the same to me except those 3 words. I know they can mix in an alternate line. But why would they have done that if it wasn’t meant to be the final cut? Only thing that makes sense to me is the 2016 version is the original and they cut in the album version. And in the process the cut album mix got lost/destroyed/whatever.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    Ive never really took much notice of the different versions on this song. Probably just a mistake when versions were saved and then used/ remastered

Theres a version of Pay No Mind by Beck that was different on one pressing of the Mellow Gold LP. The recent Mofi pressing of Love is Hell by Ryan Adams has a different guitar solo. Sometimes mistakes happen.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    FR181798 said:
    Ive never really took much notice of the different versions on this song. Probably just a mistake when versions were saved and then used/ remastered

Theres a version of Pay No Mind by Beck that was different on one pressing of the Mellow Gold LP. The recent Mofi pressing of Love is Hell by Ryan Adams has a different guitar solo. Sometimes mistakes happen.
    Isn’t it same version on RVM as the 2016 vinyl, right? 12 years apart. So I wouldn’t think it was a mistake, unless the mistake was losing the original for good.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    mace1229 said:
    FR181798 said:

Isn’t it same version on RVM as the 2016 vinyl, right? 12 years apart. So I wouldn’t think it was a mistake, unless the mistake was losing the original for good.
    I would think the original could well be gone for good and this was marked as being the final edit even though it wasnt. Or they perhaps remastered the slightly different version just not realising and just used it ever since.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    on2legs said:
    FR181798 said:

*sarcasm
    Imagine if they sold out of those… bet you’d really hear some complaining then. 
    They have in my house LOL
  • Options
    listing is still in the shop.....there is still that hope a second batch could get added.
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,304
    pdalowsky said:
    listing is still in the shop.....there is still that hope a second batch could get added.
    Thats usually the trend when it stays there for this long.  
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:

Whom is 10c? 
    dude, they have a contact section with several different ways to contact ten club for whatever your issue/question is. 

We ask questions on here though.  It's not a lot to ask...
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

*sarcasm
    LOL, I never thought i would get the chance to mix pearl jam with growler
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:

Whom is 10c? 

it's not a lot to ask of you to ask the correct department. you don't go to the baby section of walmart to ask about electronics. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:

Whom is 10c? 

it's not a lot to ask of you to ask the correct department. you don't go to the baby section of walmart to ask about electronics. 
    Stop it, stop.

Pointless argument.

I win so nanny nanny boo boo.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,987
    pdalowsky said:
    FR181798 said:

*sarcasm
    LOL, I never thought i would get the chance to mix pearl jam with growler
    Now i can't unsee pearl jam in a growler
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:

Whom is 10c? 

Stop it, stop.

Pointless argument.

imagine complaining about something and then telling someone else it's a pointless argument. 

sure, you win. congrats. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:

Whom is 10c? 

Stop it, stop.

Pointless argument.

imagine complaining about something and then telling someone else it's a pointless argument. 

sure, you win. congrats. 
    The argument was pointless because I disagree and you do not agree.

It's an impasse.  I said I won to be funny.  Text doesn't always show my humorous side.

Kind of surprised this coming from you anyways?
  • Options
    kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 211
    I wouldn’t buy this even if it was still available. But I do think it’s kind of ridiculous that you don’t even have time to figure out what your buying or it will be sold out.  Does it have bonus tracks, is it a new mix?  Well if you take a min to figure that out it’s already gone.  Not really surprising tho, I’ve found the merch situation with this band to be gross for a long time now.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,830
    Imo...Clear will be replaced with black so those that missed Will grab impulsively and still get a teeny tiny rush that we are all chasing.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:

Whom is 10c? 

Stop it, stop.

Pointless argument.

sure, you win. congrats. 

It's an impasse.  I said I won to be funny.  Text doesn't always show my humorous side.

All I was trying to do is point out where to direct your questions. I made the same mistake a couple times, Kat and Sea set me straight to whom I should contact for each issue, and now I do that. You said "no one to answer their questions", which is false. there's a multitude of different links for different issues. 

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,245
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:

Whom is 10c? 

Stop it, stop.

Pointless argument.

sure, you win. congrats. 

All I was trying to do is point out where to direct your questions. I made the same mistake a couple times, Kat and Sea set me straight to whom I should contact for each issue, and now I do that. You said "no one to answer their questions", which is false. there's a multitude of different links for different issues. 

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us
    Quit being so damn reasonable. This is an "avalanche falling fast" not "circumstance, clapping hands" type of situation we've got here. 
    It's a hopeless situation...