I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    The only RSD title I wanted was the Mark Lanegan, and I got that online on Saturday morning. One of my go to stores is locked down so they’ve done an online RSD this year. It should be here sometime this week.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    You Am I - The Lives of Others

There were 3 different colours of this available, I went for ‘Ulladulla Sky’

I also picked up a white vinyl copy of Dilettantes, which was inexplicably missing from my YAI collection 

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    goldrush said:
    You Am I - The Lives of Others

There were 3 different colours of this available, I went for ‘Ulladulla Sky’

I also picked up a white vinyl copy of Dilettantes, which was inexplicably missing from my YAI collection 

Never heard of them.  Off to youtube...
    Just picked up the No Code reissue...  Man there are a bunch of hurt people about this!
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Just picked up the No Code reissue...  Man there are a bunch of hurt people about this!
    I got one as well. It did say it was a preorder too though so it will more than likely pop up again at some point.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    I got one as well. It did say it was a preorder too though so it will more than likely pop up again at some point.
    Every vault has said "pre-order".  I don't think they quite understand what a pre-order is at this point.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    pjpjpaul said:
    Every vault has said "pre-order".  I don't think they quite understand what a pre-order is at this point.
    But then there is "street date". Not sure what that means. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    they also claim its the first time since original issue its available in this format.

so what the fuck is this then?

it also said one per order. no limit.....

wtf is that shit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    they also claim its the first time since original issue its available in this format.

wtf is that shit.
    Medoza copied the hype release from 16 and it's almost identical to this release.  Lazy. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.
    Medoza copied the hype release from 16 and it's almost identical to this release.  Lazy. 

well gen x IS  the slacker generation......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited June 2021
    WHERE IS OUR NO CODE  SHOW VAULT VINYL MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!

mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.
    With the Vaults you could order multiples too, you just couldn't have them in the same order because of shipping reasons.

I can't remember if the 2016 Wish List or Who You Are was the song that had the alternate lyrics?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    edited June 2021
    Just arrived:
    Hood/Cooley/Isbell - Live from the Shoals Theater
    William the Conqueror - Maverick Thinker

On Order/Preorder:
    Tom Petty - Angel Dream RSD
    Rage Against The Machine - The Battle of Mexico City RSD
    Yola - Stand for Myself (signed)
    MMJ - Evil Urges (cream reissue)
    PJ - No Code (clear reissue)
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.
    With the Vaults you could order multiples too, you just couldn't have them in the same order because of shipping reasons.

I can't remember if the 2016 Wish List or Who You Are was the song that had the alternate lyrics?

vaults aren't sold as  limited editions. so they would press as many as were ordered. these sell out in less than 2 hours.

for me this is about the principle. I am not interested in what would be a 3rd copy if they ever ship the vault

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.
    so they can gouge us on shipping. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.

that goes to the post office or the carrier, not the shipper.

this one per order is bunk though. I could order every title they have at 33 1/3 rpm for one order...... and it would ship.

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.
    C'mon, its MedozK....... how long have we known each other...wow
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.
    Can we just call u Kevin then?
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.

silent bob

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.
    lol, sure
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.
    lol, sure
    I think it was auto!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.

this one per order is bunk though. I could order every title they have at 33 1/3 rpm for one order...... and it would ship.
    it seems like 10C's shipping prices are like buying a sandwich at the airport. seemed to me to be an overcharge and they clear the difference. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.

it seems like 10C's shipping prices are like buying a sandwich at the airport. seemed to me to be an overcharge and they clear the difference. 

not sure about going to canada but mail innovations is a ups thing...

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,599
    mickeyrat said:
    WHERE IS OUR NO CODE  SHOW VAULT VINYL MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!
    Hilllllarrrioussss mrat. Yes where is my vault please and thanks.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.
    lol, sure
    I think it was auto!

That's right, blame it on the kid...
    147 Repo Man  Dylan amp the Movies

:lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.
    lol, sure
    I’m sticking with Lunch Box. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is that shit.
    lol, sure
    I’m sticking with Lunch Box. 
    for the win!
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited June 2021
    just arrived from Germany but it has a 3 inch seam split on the top of the rear gatefold. Such a piss off. Waiting for a response from the seller (it’s 1am there) before I can open and spin this gem. It is taking all the resolve I have not to tear off the plastic and crank it 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited June 2021
    If your a Szabo fan, this is well worth tracking down.  Love it!
    Gabor Szabo Live With Charles Lloyd Featuring Spellbinder Vinyl LP Album Stereo album cover

And this one... oh man!  Blues fans, track this one down.  You won't be disappointed!

John Lee Hooker ‎– John Lee Hooker Sings The Blues

Label:
    Crown Records (2) ‎– CLP 5232
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono
    US
    Released:
    Genre:
    Blues
    Style:

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:
    Just arrived:
    Hood/Cooley/Isbell - Live from the Shoals Theater
    William the Conqueror - Maverick Thinker

On Order/Preorder:
    Tom Petty - Angel Dream RSD
    Rage Against The Machine - The Battle of Mexico City RSD
    Yola - Stand for Myself (signed)
    MMJ - Evil Urges (cream reissue)
    PJ - No Code (clear reissue)
    Add Heartless Bastards & Live MMJ to the list. Good god, I need to take a vinyl break!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com