Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

1141516171820»

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    edited June 2021
    Yep, the COVID vaccines should be cause for universal celebration amongst all of humanity. It's so sad how our public discourse has been poisoned.
    And if the decibels of this disenchanting discourse continue to dampen the day 
    the coin flips again and again, and again, and again as our sanity walks away
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Poncier said:
    Yep, the COVID vaccines should be cause for universal celebration amongst all of humanity. It's so sad how our public discourse has been poisoned.
    What’s that from? Sounds Pink Floyd-ish. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    hedonist said:
    Poncier said:
    What’s that from? Sounds Pink Floyd-ish. 
    Take out a few words and this could fit as lyrics to "Echoes"

And if the dec-ibels of this dis-course continue to this day
    The coin flips as our sanity walks 'way...
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    White, Discussion.  

I liked Throwing Copper for the most part.  Didn't really get into them much after.  

I could see that in Echoes though.  Love that Pompeii version. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Manitoba government announces lottery for all those who get vaccinated. several prizes of $100K for adults, $25K scholarships for kids 12-17. 

even though I criticized it, damn straight I'll take it. lol I have no problem being a hypocrite with $100K in my bank account. 
    Pennsylvania - a bunch of suckers who got vaccinated to 70% of adults with no lottery incentive. They expect us to actually spend $2 for lottery tickets here!

I think my county (Chester) has the highest vaccine rate percentage in PA
    My US Congressional district, lead by the highly esteemed Rep. Mary Miller has the lowest percentage of adults who have gotten fully vaccinated of all districts in Illinois at 31%.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    White, Discussion.  

I liked Throwing Copper for the most part.  Didn't really get into them much after.  

I was obsessed with Throwing Copper when it came out. Loved that album. then Ed became too preachy in his lyrics for me. I just couldn't identify with it anymore. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Manitoba government announces lottery for all those who get vaccinated. several prizes of $100K for adults, $25K scholarships for kids 12-17. 

even though I criticized it, damn straight I'll take it. lol I have no problem being a hypocrite with $100K in my bank account. 
    Pennsylvania - a bunch of suckers who got vaccinated to 70% of adults with no lottery incentive. They expect us to actually spend $2 for lottery tickets here!

I think my county (Chester) has the highest vaccine rate percentage in PA
    My US Congressional district, lead by the highly esteemed Rep. Mary Miller has the lowest percentage of adults who have gotten fully vaccinated of all districts in Illinois at 31%.  
    Death cult.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    mrussel1 said:
    White, Discussion.  

I was obsessed with Throwing Copper when it came out. Loved that album. then Ed became too preachy in his lyrics for me. I just couldn't identify with it anymore. 
    It fell off (way off) after The Distance to Here for me. Did see them in 2019 with Bush celebrating 25th anniversary of Throwing Copper and Sixteen Stone.
    Still a good live band, but set was short (14 songs) and petered out by closing with the trio of Heaven, Turn My Head and Lightning Crashes.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Both kids got their first shot today (12 and 14)
    Paid them 20 dollars a piece to do it, but wanted it to be their decision. (sort of)
    Said I'd pay them another 10 a piece if they convince their grandpa to get it. (good luck)
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Received my 2nd shot yesterday, fully vaccinated now and very happy about it. Got the Moderna for 2nd after receiving AZ for my 1st. Got the cocktail of vaccines
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2