The Golf Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited May 2021
    Shot a 90 today. But that is with a 10, 7 and 6 on holes 14, 15, and 16 (pars 5, 4 and 3). FUCK! It's like I zoned out and became a shitty golfer again for just 40 minutes before returning to normal for the last two holes. What a crazy game. 

Hell of day minus three fucking holes. Go figure. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Shot a 90 today. But that is with a 10, 7 and 6 on holes 14, 15, and 16 (pars 5, 4 and 3). FUCK! It's like I zoned out and became a shitty golfer again for just 40 minutes before returning to normal for the last two holes. What a crazy game. 

Nice work Juggs.  Still pulling off a 90 with a 10 on the card is damn impressive.  

Was supposed to play this afternoon for a nice kickoff to MDW but it's 40 degrees and raining so we moved it to next week.  Brutal.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

I did the math....11 over on those three. good work, tho, player.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

If you're a 10 or 12 index, how in the world did you take a 10 on a hole?  You would have to have three penalty strokes. 
    edited May 2021
    mrussel1 said:

If you're a 10 or 12 index, how in the world did you take a 10 on a hole?  You would have to have three penalty strokes. 
    That would be correct. Second shot went into the woods. Third shot after a drop went into the woods. Fourth shot after a drop scalded over the street. I hate that fucking hole with a passion. My average score there is probably 8.5ish. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

This is going to be an epic July.  Taking the month off on sabbatical.  Booked the following courses:

Bandon Dunes:  All five 18 holes courses x 2;  Bandon Preserve (solo)

San Fran:  TPC Harding Park (w/brother)

Monterrey:  Pasatiempo, Links at Spanish Bay, Spyglass, Pebble Beach (unfortunately 4pm tee time so unlikely to finish all 18), probably 2 more rounds around there  (w/brother)

Kohler, WI:  Whistling Straits, Blackwolf Run Meadow, Blackwolf Run River (coworker trip)

Hartford, WI:  Erin Hills  (coworker trip)

MI:  Arcadia Bluffs  (coworker trip)

South Carolina:  Play a few rounds with my dad

I am legit concerned my body and swing will not hold up.  Once in a lifetime. 

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

This is going to be an epic July.  Taking the month off on sabbatical.  Booked the following courses:

Monterrey:  Pasatiempo, Links at Spanish Bay, Spyglass, Pebble Beach (unfortunately 4pm tee time so unlikely to finish all 18), probably 2 more rounds around there  (w/brother)

Kohler, WI:  Whistling Straits, Blackwolf Run Meadow, Blackwolf Run River (coworker trip)

Damn dude. That is some serious stuff there.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Whatever anyone says bryson is great to observe.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

You are knocking out many people's lifetime bucket list in 30 days. This will be one heck of a trip.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

You are knocking out many people's lifetime bucket list in 30 days. This will be one heck of a trip.
    Uhhh yeah that list is absolutely incredible.  Realistically hope to play a few of those at some point....the courses in WI and MI are definitely on the list.  But I need to get much better before I start dropping $3-400 a round.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Check your email for 2022 Masters applications!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Check your email for 2022 Masters applications!

to play? :confounded:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Sucks for Rahm.  Seems like it would be easy for him to play and not infect anyone but too much money and liability on the line.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Sucks for Rahm.  Seems like it would be easy for him to play and not infect anyone but too much money and liability on the line.

There was one very easy solution for him to avoid this
    Yeah, can’t feel too bad for someone whose job makes it extra important to get the vaccine and they don’t.  
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    edited June 2021
    Million dollar lesson..won't really hurt the guy financially  but damn..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    edited June 2021
    The guy is an idiot. Only had a shot because  he came into contact 
     Foolish 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    So tour players that show proof of vaccination don’t get tested for covid? 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    bbiggs said:
    Correct and even if you’re in close contact with someone. So if he was vaccinated and positive they wouldn’t have known and he’d be a couple million richer 
    edited June 2021
    Your Juggler fired an 81 today. Personal best. Came out guns blazing with three total puts on the first three holes and was off to the races.

Mind you, this is with a questionable drop I gave into on 11. Par 3. Tee shot went left, likely deep into the woods. But approaching the drop area and...would you look at that, a brand new e6 just sitting there a couple yards off the woods line. Maybe it ricocheted off a tree and we didn't hear it? My buddy said there is no way that could be mine. I thought it was lost too, but what are the odds of the same exact ball (granted I didn't remember the number on it) appearing there? Anyway, I relented and took the penalty, then was up and down for a 5. 

If I never break 80, though, this hole will haunt me forever. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Your Juggler fired an 81 today. Personal best. Came out guns blazing with three total puts on the first three holes and was off to the races.

Mind you, this is with a questionable drop I gave into on 11. Par 3. Tee shot went left, likely deep into the woods. But approaching the drop area and...would you look at that, a brand new e6 just sitting there a couple yards off the woods line. Maybe it ricocheted off a tree and we didn't hear it? My buddy said there is no way that could be mine. I thought it was lost too, but what are the odds of the same exact ball (granted I didn't remember the number on it) appearing there? Anyway, I relented and took the penalty, then was up and down for a 5. 

That's crap. Balls ricochet out of the woods all the time.  Yes it would be better if you knew your number but playing the same ball as the one found makes it likely it was yours.  You need a new buddy.  

I shot an 82 today.  40/42.  Doubled 18 when I tried to clear a 230 drive over water rather than going around.  Flying the water gives you 210 to the front. Had driven great all day and just knuckled this one a bit and came up 10 yards short. 
    Did Rahm not get the vax? 
    mrussel1 said:

That's crap. Balls ricochet out of the woods all the time.  Yes it would be better if you knew your number but playing the same ball as the one found makes it likely it was yours.  You need a new buddy.  

I shot an 82 today.  40/42.  Doubled 18 when I tried to clear a 230 drive over water rather than going around.  Flying the water gives you 210 to the front. Had driven great all day and just knuckled this one a bit and came up 10 yards short. 
    Actually my math was off, now that I think about it. I two putted. So if I didn’t take the penalty, it would’ve been a 4 not a 3. Oh well. 

Nice round man! Have you broken 80 yet? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:

Actually my math was off, now that I think about it. I two putted. So if I didn’t take the penalty, it would’ve been a 4 not a 3. Oh well. 

Nice round man! Have you broken 80 yet? 
    Not since my early 20s. I went to South Florida and used to play several times a week with Tim Petrovic. You might know who he is if you watch the senior tour.  He has a handful of 2nd finishes this year.  Anyway he helped my game and I got into low single handicap at the time.  But then kids and work and I stopped playing except for a few times a year.  So only in the last year have I put in more effort.  Sitting at a 10.8 index right now. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    Correct and even if you’re in close contact with someone. So if he was vaccinated and positive they wouldn’t have known and he’d be a couple million richer 
    Crazy. I had no idea. 

Excellent round!! Keep playing more and you’ll break 80.  Maybe find an easier par 70 course to play!  
    83 today. Folks, your Juggler is DIALED IN. Got the handicap down to a 15 too. Onward, upward. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    83 today. Folks, your Juggler is DIALED IN. Got the handicap down to a 15 too. Onward, upward. 
    Frickin’ awesome.   What part of the game needs the most help to break 80?  Typical 100 yards and in?
    Frickin’ awesome.   What part of the game needs the most help to break 80?  Typical 100 yards and in?
    I'm relatively good 100 yards in. Putting is good too. Same thing as usual---inconsistent with the driver. Although that has improved a lot in recent weeks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'm relatively good 100 yards in. Putting is good too. Same thing as usual---inconsistent with the driver. Although that has improved a lot in recent weeks. 
    That's what it is for me too. If I'm in the fairway to start,  bogey is the worst I'll do, and I'll par 50+%.  

I say that but I just joined a club with very difficult greens.  So maybe not 50% until I figure this course out.