Options

Favorite Movie Trilogy

2»

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    goldrush said:
    The correct answer is The Cornetto Trilogy!  =)

No. Not with that third movie as the ending chapter, (Maybe I would enjoy it more now than I did in the theatre)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    Star Wars (New Hope to ROTJ)
    I would not count Terminator 1 to 3 as a trilogy. Also not the Alien films. 

But I would count Indiana Jones 1-3 removing Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Hmm. Don't know why. Maybe because of that it was known as a trilogy for so long, and the fourth movie was such a late idea. 

I do not remember it being called the "Alien trilogy" before part 4 was release. I bet it was. Maybe even a VHS set with that title. But it was not set in stone as a trilogy in the holy history of films before a fourth came out.

Poltergeist 1-3 is a pretty decent trilogy. 

The fourth Indiana Jones movie to me seemed more like an episode of the X-files. Maybe it was the alien theme and plot.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Other

Hmm. Don't know why. Maybe because of that it was known as a trilogy for so long, and the fourth movie was such a late idea. 

I do not remember it being called the "Alien trilogy" before part 4 was release. I bet it was. Maybe even a VHS set with that title. But it was not set in stone as a trilogy in the holy history of films before a fourth came out.

The fourth Indiana Jones movie to me seemed more like an episode of the X-files. Maybe it was the alien theme and plot.
    Cate Blanchett was the only actor who knew exactly what type of film they were in. I still like it for her performance.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    dankind said:

Cate Blanchett was the only actor who knew exactly what type of film they were in. I still like it for her performance.
    Shia Lebouf seemed to know what type of movie he was in.

The beginning and the action scene at the university with the motorcycle I remember enjoying.

It was the boring CGI-action set pieces in the jungle that hurt the film. And the boring look of the film.

I remember before the film came out Spielberg talking about shooting it on film and doing practical effects. 

It looks plastic:y and the CGI is everywhere.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,274
    Other
    dankind said:

Shia Lebouf seemed to know what type of movie he was in.

The beginning and the action scene at the university with the motorcycle I remember enjoying.

It was the boring CGI-action set pieces in the jungle that hurt the film. And the boring look of the film.

I remember before the film came out Spielberg talking about shooting it on film and doing practical effects. 

It looks plastic:y and the CGI is everywhere.
    Is anyone going to be interested in Indiana Jones 5? Apparently it starts filming next week.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)