Options

Favorite Movie from the Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy

Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
edited May 2020 in All Encompassing Trip
My wife and I decided to watch the trilogy by Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg over a weekend.  Does anyone else enjoy these three movies and if so, which is your favorite?
I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

Favorite Movie from the Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy 14 votes

Shaun of the Dead
78%
Spiritual_ChaosHorosFifthelementtbergsMalrothdankindLeathe?ma?eeriepadaveOffSheGoes35rgambsJPPJ84 11 votes
Hot Fuzz
14%
goldrushGlorified KC 2 votes
The World’s End
7%
West Coast Dreamgirl 1 vote
Post edited by Glorified KC on

Comments

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    Shaun of the Dead
    SotD followed by HF.  Not really a fan of TWE.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Shaun of the Dead
    SotD followed by HF.  Not really a fan of TWE.
    Pretty much this although I did like the worlds end.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Shaun of the Dead
    I’ve never seen The World’s End

Bad Boys II > Hot Fuzz
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Hot Fuzz
    dankind said:

Bad Boys II > Hot Fuzz
    Point Break >>> Bad Boys II > Hot Fuzz
  • Options
    Shaun of the Dead
    dankind said:

Bad Boys II > Hot Fuzz
    Point Break >>> Bad Boys II > Hot Fuzz

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Hot Fuzz
    Both my wife and I said Hot Fuzz last night after finishing through all three again.  It was close for me, but I have more laugh out loud moments in Hot Fuzz compared to Shaun of the Dead.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Paul
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Hot Fuzz
    Poncier said:
    Paul
    Not part of the trilogy.

• Options
    Poncier said:
    Paul
    Not part of the trilogy.

• Options
    Hot Fuzz
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Paul
    Not part of the trilogy.

Not an opinion.  Paul wasn’t directed by Edgar Wright.
  • Options
    Dude, you're taking a joke way too seriously.
  • Options
    Hot Fuzz
    Poncier said:
    Dude, you're taking a joke way too seriously.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Shaun of the Dead
    What does Flavours Cornetto even mean?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    edited May 2020
    Shaun of the Dead
    rgambs said:
    There is a Cornetto in every movie.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    Shaun of the Dead
    I can see the great script in The Worlds End -- but I was bored in the theater. Even with Pierce Brosnan showing up :/

The other two are great.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Shaun of the Dead
    Ok, yeah, definitely never would have gotten that lol

I liked all 3.  The humor was more obvious and accessible in Hot Fuzz and World's End, but the subject matter in Shaun of Dead was more fun.

Paul was the best of both worlds.

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Shaun of the Dead
    You're all wrong, the correct answer is Spaced. ;)
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Calling these films a trilogy is pushing the outer limits of the definition.
    Pegg and Wright got free ice cream on the promo tour for Shaun of the Dead as a result of having Cornettos in the movie, so when making Hot Fuzz decided to throw a Cornetto in one scene in hopes of getting more free ice cream. they didn't. But they tossed in a shot of a Cornetto wrapper stuck to a fence in the 3rd movie just to tie it together.
    The plots and characters in the movies have no connection, so its the loosest definition of a Trilogy one could ever come up with.

• Options
    Hot Fuzz
    Honestly, I just found the term on Wiki.  I just wanted some term to loop all 3 movies together since they are related by Wright and Pegg.  
  • Options
    Shaun of the Dead
    Poncier said:
    rgambs said:
    Pegg and Wright got free ice cream on the promo tour for Shaun of the Dead as a result of having Cornettos in the movie, so when making Hot Fuzz decided to throw a Cornetto in one scene in hopes of getting more free ice cream. they didn't. But they tossed in a shot of a Cornetto wrapper stuck to a fence in the 3rd movie just to tie it together.
    The plots and characters in the movies have no connection, so its the loosest definition of a Trilogy one could ever come up with.

I thought so too, but I looked up the definition and it definitely fits.  I guess the only criteria that makes a trilogy is that they are related.
  • Options
    Shaun of the Dead
    Poncier said:
    rgambs said:

:glasses:
  • Options
    Hot Fuzz
    Should I retitle the poll question?
  • Options
    Shaun of the Dead
    Should I retitle the poll question?
    No, this is part of the poll tradition around here...ball busting. You have been initiated. You just have to do the bawling emoticon and cry uncle, and then it's official. You don't have to change the title, (as I have done several times).
  • Options
    Hot Fuzz
    :s
    This is as close as I can get to crying!  Bust away!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Don't worry, I wasn't busting you,cdt, you aren't the one responsible for calling these movies a trilogy, I was just busting the general idea.
    Star Wars episodes IV through VI are a trilogy with continuation of characters and story arc, these 3 movies are really just 3 films by same director and star, not an actual trilogy.
    It's sort of like saying Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd and Dark Shadows are a trilogy cause they were all Burton/Depp collaborations. (And man did the latter 2 of those movies suck)
  • Options
    Hot Fuzz
    Poncier said:
    Don't worry, I wasn't busting you,cdt, you aren't the one responsible for calling these movies a trilogy, I was just busting the general idea.
    Star Wars episodes IV through VI are a trilogy with continuation of characters and story arc, these 3 movies are really just 3 films by same director and star, not an actual trilogy.
    It's sort of like saying Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd and Dark Shadows are a trilogy cause they were all Burton/Depp collaborations. (And man did the latter 2 of those movies suck)
    I know you weren't Poncier.  I was trying to be a smart ass earlier too, so hopefully you know I was joking earlier after throwing the Lebowski gif back at you.

• Options
    Shaun of the Dead
    Poncier said:
    I know you weren't Poncier.  I was trying to be a smart ass earlier too, so hopefully you know I was joking earlier after throwing the Lebowski gif back at you.

Jesus. Get a room, you two!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Hot Fuzz
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:

• Options
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:

Will you be bringing us Cornettos via room service?
  • Options
    Shaun of the Dead
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:

Will you be bringing us Cornettos via room service?
    Nutty Buddies seem more apropos, no? 

In any case, I'll wear a mask.

And possibly a blindfold.
    I SAW PEARL JAM