Options

Favorite Movie Trilogy

Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
This idea hit me as I was watching BTTF 3.
I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

Favorite Movie Trilogy 33 votes

Back to the Future
21%
Ledbetterman10jwhjr17I am a patriotGern BlanstenMedozKGlorified KCWest Coast Dreamgirl 7 votes
The Godfather
6%
BentleyspopF Me In The Brain 2 votes
Star Wars (New Hope to ROTJ)
27%
PoncierTerryiblemfc2006YefaeeriepadaveHobbestempo_n_grooveDarthMaeglinJeBurkhardt 9 votes
Lord of the Rings
18%
darwinstheoryTheBeardedFellowRS151862Johnny Abruzzochelseapj1JPPJ84 6 votes
The Matrix
3%
rahjiim 1 vote
Indiana Jones (Raiders to Crusade)
12%
mcgruff10PJ_SoulJojoRiceMatts3221 4 votes
Alien
0%
The Terminator (1-3)
0%
Bourne Movies (Identity to Ultimatum)
0%
Other
12%
goldrushtbergsdankindbrianlux 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited May 2021
    The Godfather
    Evil Dead and A Few Dollars were close picks for Other.
    LOTR would be my second pick on this list.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Toss up between Indiana jones and Star Wars. I m gonna have to think about this.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I am a patriotI am a patriot Posts: 428
    edited May 2021
    Back to the Future
    Really like LOTR.  Also considered the Dark Knight trilogy and the original X-Men trilogy. Oh and the original Sam Ramy Spiderman 

But Back to the Future will always beat all of them.
    Post edited by I am a patriot on
  • Options
    Back to the Future
    Really like LOTR.  Also considered the Dark Knight trilogy and the original X-Men trilogy.

But Back to the Future will always beat all of them.
    Oh man I forgot about the Nolan Batman trilogy.  I love those movies so much.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    edited May 2021
    Other
    I'm going with "other", the Before series developed by Richard Linklater starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy.  A really fine trilogy.
    Richard Linklaters The Before Trilogy Criterion Collection Box Set Is  Coming In 2017

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited May 2021
    Back to the Future
    Yeah the spaghetti westerns, lotr, and three colours red, white and blue. Also really liked El Mariachi, Desperado and the other one.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    My favorite trilogy is SW. The best trilogy, which is also my second favorite, is LOTR.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Scream trilogy could be up there as well. Granted the third one wasn't as good as the first two, but still not too bad IMO. Better than The Matrix movies as a whole anyway
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    LOTR was amazing but there were some definite slow parts in the Two Towers and the ending of Return of the King just dragged on forever.  
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I’ve never done a trilogy. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    hedonist said:
    A devil's trilogy?
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    hedonist said:
    A devil's trilogy?
    :innocent:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    The Godfather
    Tripod?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    Other
    Scream trilogy could be up there as well. Granted the third one wasn't as good as the first two, but still not too bad IMO. Better than The Matrix movies as a whole anyway
    I was just thinking the same thing about Scream. Really enjoy those movies.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Other
    mcgruff10 said:
    LOTR was amazing but there were some definite slow parts in the Two Towers and the ending of Return of the King just dragged on forever.  
    Awesome movies, but rewatch frequency takes a huge hit because they are so damn long. I don't think I've ever rewatched any of them. Man, so true on RTK ending(s). There must have been at least 6 times where I thought it was over. I still prefer the books. I've read them all through at least 3 times.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Other
    There are a lot of entertaining trilogies. They all have weaker links (usually the 2nd movie) but if we're allowed to cut movies out of the series, then I'd add the first 3 Die Hard movies to the mix, Spiderman, Iron Man, The Man w/ No Name trilogy, the first 3 Rocky movies, Toy Story 1-3, Austin Powers and Naked Gun.

Edit: Forgot to include Scream and the zombie trilogy by Romero (Night, Day & Land).
    Post edited by tbergs on
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Awesome movies, but rewatch frequency takes a huge hit because they are so damn long. I don't think I've ever rewatched any of them. Man, so true on RTK ending(s). There must have been at least 6 times where I thought it was over. I still prefer the books. I've read them all through at least 3 times.
    @tbergs are the movies pretty similar to the books? 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    brianlux said:
    I'm going with "other", the Before series developed by Richard Linklater starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy.  A really fine trilogy.
    Richard Linklaters The Before Trilogy Criterion Collection Box Set Is  Coming In 2017

This is one my mind immediately went to when I saw the thread title.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Other
    brianlux said:

Yes! They pop up in Waking Life as well.

Another favorite trilogy of mine shares a lead actress with Linklater's series in the middle stanza.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    Star Wars A New Hope came out when I was 9. It has a lot of nostalgia. 
  • Options
    Other
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Pretty good, but I remember having re-read Fellowship right before I saw it and noticed all of the differences. As long as the movies are, there is a lot of background left out. Still probably one of the best adaptations I have ever seen though. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    The Godfather
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Pretty good, but I remember having re-read Fellowship right before I saw it and noticed all of the differences. As long as the movies are, there is a lot of background left out. Still probably one of the best adaptations I have ever seen though. 

Agree but they are such totally different experiences.
    The dude invented and wrote out elaborate languages for the book(s).  The depth on display is almost unparalleled. 
    Certainly long, but the book is absolutely ridiculous.  So amazing.

• Options
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:

Yes! They pop up in Waking Life as well.

Another favorite trilogy of mine shares a lead actress with Linklater's series in the middle stanza.

I’ve only seen Bleu, just once, close to when it first came out.

Anything for Ms. Binoche. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Easy answer for me, but Back to the Future and LOTR are very strong contenders.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Back to the Future
    Could Die Hard (1, 2, & With a Vengence) be included?  I know a few folks who would put those at the top.
  • Options
    Back to the Future
    Could Die Hard (1, 2, & With a Vengence) be included?  I know a few folks who would put those at the top.
    If I could change some of the options I would.  By all means whomever you like best should be an option.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,286
    Other
    The correct answer is The Cornetto Trilogy!  =)

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Back to the Future
    goldrush said:
    The correct answer is The Cornetto Trilogy!  =) in

I have another poll asking which of these three is your favorite!
  • Options
    Back to the Future
    goldrush said:
    The correct answer is The Cornetto Trilogy!  =) in

I have another poll asking which of these three is your favorite!

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/285954/favorite-movie-from-the-three-flavours-cornetto-trilogy#latest

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    I would not count Terminator 1 to 3 as a trilogy. Also not the Alien films. 

But I would count Indiana Jones 1-3 removing Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Hmm. Don't know why. Maybe because of that it was known as a trilogy for so long, and the fourth movie was such a late idea. 

I do not remember it being called the "Alien trilogy" before part 4 was release. I bet it was. Maybe even a VHS set with that title. But it was not set in stone as a trilogy in the holy history of films before a fourth came out.

Poltergeist 1-3 is a pretty decent trilogy. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"