The Golf Thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Very cool that you can compete at the highest level of a sport in your 50’s.   Give us amateurs hope that we can still have many years of fun golf ahead of us if we stay in shape.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    The golf thread suddenly became AMT 
    LOL.  I try to stay away from that cesspool over there!

Still can't believe Phil held on.  Saw some debate on whether this was more impressive or Tiger winning the Masters in 2019.  Both are incredible but I'd give a slight edge to Tiger since he didn't know if he was ever going to be able to play again after that fusion surgery.  
    But this course... I give it to Phil.  He's older and pretty substantially.  Tiger owns Augusta, no one owns this course and it wasn't exactly set up for Phil's skills.  I'm sure Augusta is hard, but any misstep here was just death.  And Phil is known to go squirrely. 

agree....but, then again, I can’t stand eldrick. :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I would say Tiger’s win was more impressive from where he came from.  

Phil’s win is impressive, but with technology and fitness today’s 50 is probably probably like 42-45 would be back in the 90’s.  Phil wasn’t hurt, and has the game to get hot for one week.  Surprising, yes, but Tiger had to overcome a lot more to mount his comeback.   If anything Tiger has a 55 year old’s golf body even if five years younger than Phil.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Haha.. anyone know why that is?  I saw Bryson walk by, but did something else happen?   

I hope he feels the same about Patrick Reed.
    mrussel1 said:
    Haha.. anyone know why that is?  I saw Bryson walk by, but did something else happen?   

I hope he feels the same about Patrick Reed.
    They've had a bit of mini-feud over the years on social media. Brooks called out Bryson's slow pace of play, then Bryson made fun of Brooks' appearance in the ESPN "body" issue, leading to Brooks rubbing it in that he had four majors and Bryson didn't have any (yet..at the time). So I think this video was a matter of some guy ya don't care for stomping by in his cleats during your interview. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I think watched that video 20 times last night.  Absolutely hilarious!!  USGA has to pair these 2 up at the US Open.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    It is an amazing video. I am on probably 20 watches of it too.  According to the comments, which who knows, but it is the spikes.  Apparently Brooks is one of the only ones that wears metal and it annoys everyone...

Plus, yeah, they hate each other
    It is an amazing video. I am on probably 20 watches of it too.  According to the comments, which who knows, but it is the spikes.  Apparently Brooks is one of the only ones that wears metal and it annoys everyone...

Didn't even know that about Bryson but it makes sense for him.  The absolute worst.  I'm a huge Brooks guy so this just makes me like him even more.

Brooks wears spikes or Bryson?
    edited May 2021
    mrussel1 said:

Brooks wears spikes or Bryson?
    Bryson wears metal. My bad...typing too fast

Also, maybe not the spikes...

This is fun

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    This is awesome and great for golf.  I can't wait for the day these two get paired up.  My money is on Brooks for the K.O. in round 1.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Not the biggest Brooks fan but I definitely like him a little more after that. Fuck Bryson. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Not the biggest Brooks fan but I definitely like him a little more after that. Fuck Bryson. 
    I feel the same way. Brooks is also a bit too cocky for my liking, but he’s light years ahead of Bryson for me in terms of likability.  
    That dude has a mammoth sized chip on his shoulder.  
    Bryson and Brooks are getting after it on social media, at least someone in their camps are, and it's glorious
    They HAVE to get paired together sometime soon. Would be great entertainment 
    Bryson and Brooks are getting after it on social media, at least someone in their camps are, and it's glorious
    It's quite entertaining to watch Bryson try to be funny.  He is such a dope.  And not funny.
    It's quite entertaining to watch Bryson try to be funny.  He is such a dope.  And not funny.

“living rent free in your head” wasn’t bad.

I think bryson and aaron smoke phil and TB12.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Wobbie said:

“living rent free in your head” wasn’t bad.

I think bryson and aaron smoke phil and TB12.
    What is that? Another The Match?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,107
    edited May 2021
    Help me understand all the 'Team Brooks' love on here.  Everything I see is that Brooksy is way too full of himself and has been for a while.  Great golfer, but way too serious.  I get some of the annoyance with Bryson, and believe me I get it, I'm a fast golfer and loathe slowness on the course, but Brooks just comes off as petulant to me.  Granted, I haven't paid too much attention to the whole saga other than the recent headlines and the Brady/Mickelson callouts via Twitter.  I think the whole thing is glorious either way, just wondering why the anti-Bryson/pro-Brooks.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
    Help me understand all the 'Team Brooks' love on here.  Everything I see is that Brooksy is way too full of himself and has been for a while.  Great golfer, but way too serious.  I get some of the annoyance with Bryson, and believe me I get it, I'm a fast golfer and loathe slowness on the course, but Brooks just comes off as petulant to me.  Granted, I haven't paid too much attention to the whole saga other than the recent headlines and the Brady/Mickelson callouts via Twitter.  I think the whole thing is glorious either way, just wondering why the anti-Bryson/pro-Brooks.
    I don't like either, I just hate Koepka less. 
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't like either, I just hate Koepka less. 
    Took the words out of my mouth.  Both pricks.  One is less of a prick (slightly).

Hard same. Bryson sucks a lot more 

Yeah I can see why people aren't fans of Brooks either.  His interviews with the regular golf media are pretty rough.  I've heard some interviews on podcasts with him where he lets his guard down and is actually himself and he seems like a pretty good dude.  And I can't help but love the hate he has for Bryson....it's like wobbie feels about Tiger!

Yeah I can see why people aren't fans of Brooks either.  His interviews with the regular golf media are pretty rough.  I've heard some interviews on podcasts with him where he lets his guard down and is actually himself and he seems like a pretty good dude.  And I can't help but love the hate he has for Bryson....it's like wobbie feels about Tiger!

yeah, tiger is the biggest dochelord of them all! I’d say I don’t like his personality, but he doesn’t have one.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I'm with you. I don't like Brooks. Seems every bit as douchy as Bryson. I agree Byrson's slow play would drive me nuts if I had to play with him or behind his group. But of the two, I actually like Bryson more because he's a douche that pisses people off, and Brooks is a douche that people think is cool. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    I am not a fan of either but at least Bryson brings something different to the table.  Brooks is as boring a player to watch as any out there.  
    I am not a fan of either but at least Bryson brings something different to the table.  Brooks is as boring a player to watch as any out there.  
    Yeah great point. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs: