Hey Ladies

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    :confounded:
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Wrong thread Dreamgirl. This one is about gender equation and rocking chairs. I think. 

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    I don't think miss Goes would mind.
    I'm wrong a lot.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Malroth said:
    I'm wrong a lot.
    Aren’t we all
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited May 2021
    Noted
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited May 2021
    Is there no delete button.
    Don’t worry, it was a joke ;) 
  • Hobbes said:
    See the source image

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    See the source image
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    When The Vagina Monologues first was a thing, I remember picturing one on stage, theatrically performing some Shakespearean scene. “They talk?!?” :lol:
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    hedonist said:
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    When The Vagina Monologues first was a thing, I remember picturing one on stage, theatrically performing some Shakespearean scene. “They talk?!?” :lol:
    To bleed, or not to bleed...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Hello ladies.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Hello Ladies.
    of all varieties and sorts.
    https://youtu.be/HM4-BPWH1SY

Hobbes said:
    hedonist said:
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    :rofl:
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Malroth said:
    I'm wrong a lot.
    You're not wrong. I like seeing a thread go all over the place!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Just read through this thread again, last time was in February.  Apparently, I retained nothing from my February reading, we'll see what happens when I read it again in October.  Love it every time I read it.   =)  
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited August 2021
    @OffSheGoes35  Shall we revive this thread? Where to begin (‘re-begin’). @JPPJ84 is on holiday, but I trust she’ll send a smoke signal. 

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    JPPJ84 said:
    Wrong thread Dreamgirl. This one is about gender equation and rocking chairs. I think. 

I've taken a few glances here.  Never quite figured out what it's about.  My sense is it's about...
    Well this for example.  My wife and I have been watching an early 70's show called "The Streets of San Francisco".  She's really taken by that show.  I think I have a clue as to why that is...
    MICHAEL DOUGLAS in THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO 1972 Credit WARNER  BROS TELEVISION  Album Stock Photo - Alamy

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Renfield said:
    @OffSheGoes35  Shall we revive this thread? Where to begin (‘re-begin’). @JPPJ84 is on holiday, but I trust she’ll send a smoke signal. 

Enjoying my holiday 

brianlux said:
    JPPJ84 said:

I've taken a few glances here.  Never quite figured out what it's about.  My sense is it's about...
    Well this for example.  My wife and I have been watching an early 70's show called "The Streets of San Francisco".  She's really taken by that show.  I think I have a clue as to why that is...

Now I’m singing Going to San Francisco. Just need flowers and I’m off
    JPPJ84 said:
    Renfield said:

Enjoying my holiday 

:lol: 
    Hahahaha! Great vacation photo/smoke signal, J.

Basically, I started this thread wanting to know what other women are interested in big or small. Since there seems to be more men on this board than women, I thought that maybe our threads are sometimes filtered in order to "read the room." I don't necessarily think that so much anymore. The women are more outspoken than I gave them credit for and the men here are more receptive than I gave them credit for. 

However, if anyone wants to let us in on what they're currently interested in, I say go for it. I like that brianlux gave us a glimpse of what his wife is digging right now. Thumbs up to you,sir!

Right now, I'm interested in reading women authors who stretch beyond familiar territory. Currently, I'm reading Patricia Highsmith's Strangers on a Train. When I saw the Hitchcock film years ago, I never would've guessed that that story originated in the mind of a woman.
    Renfield said:
    @ OffSheGoes35  Shall we revive this thread? Where to begin (‘re-begin’). @ JPPJ84 is on holiday, but I trust she’ll send a smoke signal. 

Thank you for bumping this thread, C! You made my day, lady.
    Also, I've been taking a look at subjects that didn't appeal to me in high school...was it just that I didn't pay attention or was I genuinely disinterested? Geography is more interesting to me now. The jury is still out on Chemistry.  :)
    Also, I've been taking a look at subjects that didn't appeal to me in high school...was it just that I didn't pay attention or was I genuinely disinterested? Geography is more interesting to me now. The jury is still out on Chemistry.  :)
    For me it was both disinterest & didn’t pay attention. Over the years, I am much more interested in History, Chemistry means less than zero to me. 

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    JPPJ84 said:
    brianlux said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Now I’m singing Going to San Francisco. Just need flowers and I’m off

LOL!   Nice!
    I saw Scott McKenzie play that song on campus at San Francisco State College about in 1969 or early 1970 years ago.  Nice guy, fun song!
    Scott McKenzie - San Francisco Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair -  YouTube

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    hedonist said:
    Hobbes said:
    hedonist said:
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    :rofl:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Renfield said:
    For me it was both disinterest & didn’t pay attention. Over the years, I am much more interested in History, Chemistry means less than zero to me. 

Yeah, I think boys were my favorite subject at that point. 

I can do History if it is in the form of a biography of a historical figure, where it is kind of in the background, smaller scale. If it is a book about a certain subject exclusively,  I will usually put it down and never finish it. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    Can i be a lady?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -