PRIMUS!

13»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    My buddy & I grabbed VIP tickets for Primus in Boston in September... no small chunk of change, but I haven't had a single regret with the other 3 concert VIPs I did... also saved a few bucks not going to concerts last year, so it was a no brainer. 

Looking forward to meeting this band 29 years after the first time I ever saw them.  :o 
    Did you get the Wine tasting package?  I know he's very big into that and offers it on tour too.

I did the VIP when they headlined.  Super cool.  Asked questions, took pics.  Very cool experience.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    My buddy & I grabbed VIP tickets for Primus in Boston in September... no small chunk of change, but I haven't had a single regret with the other 3 concert VIPs I did... also saved a few bucks not going to concerts last year, so it was a no brainer. 

Looking forward to meeting this band 29 years after the first time I ever saw them.  :o 
    Did you get the Wine tasting package?  I know he's very big into that and offers it on tour too.

I did the VIP when they headlined.  Super cool.  Asked questions, took pics.  Very cool experience.
    Yes... the front row package was sold out, but we got the next tier down, which landed us in 4th row... comes w/ the meet & greet, photo w/ the band, signed poster, wine tasting (or a glass of the purple pachyderm, whatever the f that is) & other tchotchke crap. 

If Les is half as cool & affable as he comes across in interviews etc, it will be great. 

I did VIP for A Perfect Circle, and met Billy Howerdel (SUPER nice guy) & did a couple of Tool VIPs, meeting everyone but Maynard... great experiences, I haven't had a single regret w/ any of them. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853

Yes... the front row package was sold out, but we got the next tier down, which landed us in 4th row... comes w/ the meet & greet, photo w/ the band, signed poster, wine tasting (or a glass of the purple pachyderm, whatever the f that is) & other tchotchke crap. 

If Les is half as cool & affable as he comes across in interviews etc, it will be great. 

I did VIP for A Perfect Circle, and met Billy Howerdel (SUPER nice guy) & did a couple of Tool VIPs, meeting everyone but Maynard... great experiences, I haven't had a single regret w/ any of them. 
    I wish we did the wine tasting.

Purple Pachyderm is his logo for his wine company, lol.  Claypool cellars.

Learn about his wine and tell him Maynerds is better, lol!

I wish we did the wine tasting.

Purple Pachyderm is his logo for his wine company, lol.  Claypool cellars.

Learn about his wine and tell him Maynerds is better, lol!
    I won't rule it out... I'll try to read the room before breaking balls.   :D

More than anything, I'm most excited to be so close to one of the best bass players of all time again... I had 2nd row for the Seas of Cheese anniversary tour back in '03, and 11th row back in '11. 

It's also been a fun reason to pick up a Rush album and get to know it. I've always respected & appreciated what I know of them, but I never knew where to begin to explore their catalog. This gave me a good starting place, and I'm loving it. Can't wait to see Primus recreate it. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    ^^^nice^^^will be memorable for sure.
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^nice^^^will be memorable for sure.
    Or not... 

Just got an email that they're cancelling the meet & greet / photo w/ the band due to the surge.  

They gave us some options: 
                   * Extended Q&A w/ the band, a t shirt on top of the rest of the swag, and $25 refund against what you paid 
                   * Opt out of the VIP, get $165 off the cost of ticket, and keep my 4th row seat as a normal ticket
                   * Full refund

Gonna take the 3rd option, as I just can't see enjoying myself in a crowd of thousands of people right now. That & meeting them was as big a draw as the show itself. Part of me is disappointed, but part of me is relieved. Not to mention I can use the money elsewhere. 

Oh well, it could be worse. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Sorry to hear that but at least part of you is relieved.
    Now you can buy all of that cheese you have been dreaming of.  :lol:  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Primus sucks anyway
    Sorry to hear that too. Bummer covid. Stay well all.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    If there is any justice the Farewell to Kings tour will come north of the border. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    Sorry to hear that but at least part of you is relieved.
    Now you can buy all of that cheese you have been dreaming of.  :lol:  
    he can now buy some rush records....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    So I guess Wolfmother is NOT on this tour?  It seems like they originally were...then they weren't, now the website still says Wolfmother will be joining them for all dates but there are different opening bands listed for all dates.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    once in a lifetime desl. however, as much as I love RUSH, I cant justify losing $400 in wages plus tix etc....

Love my town. Downside is weekend shows are rare....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14