Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

PRIMUS!

13»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 26,547
    My buddy & I grabbed VIP tickets for Primus in Boston in September... no small chunk of change, but I haven't had a single regret with the other 3 concert VIPs I did... also saved a few bucks not going to concerts last year, so it was a no brainer. 

Looking forward to meeting this band 29 years after the first time I ever saw them.  :o 
    Did you get the Wine tasting package?  I know he's very big into that and offers it on tour too.

I did the VIP when they headlined.  Super cool.  Asked questions, took pics.  Very cool experience.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 5,504
    My buddy & I grabbed VIP tickets for Primus in Boston in September... no small chunk of change, but I haven't had a single regret with the other 3 concert VIPs I did... also saved a few bucks not going to concerts last year, so it was a no brainer. 

Looking forward to meeting this band 29 years after the first time I ever saw them.  :o 
    Did you get the Wine tasting package?  I know he's very big into that and offers it on tour too.

I did the VIP when they headlined.  Super cool.  Asked questions, took pics.  Very cool experience.
    Yes... the front row package was sold out, but we got the next tier down, which landed us in 4th row... comes w/ the meet & greet, photo w/ the band, signed poster, wine tasting (or a glass of the purple pachyderm, whatever the f that is) & other tchotchke crap. 

If Les is half as cool & affable as he comes across in interviews etc, it will be great. 

I did VIP for A Perfect Circle, and met Billy Howerdel (SUPER nice guy) & did a couple of Tool VIPs, meeting everyone but Maynard... great experiences, I haven't had a single regret w/ any of them. 

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 26,547

Yes... the front row package was sold out, but we got the next tier down, which landed us in 4th row... comes w/ the meet & greet, photo w/ the band, signed poster, wine tasting (or a glass of the purple pachyderm, whatever the f that is) & other tchotchke crap. 

If Les is half as cool & affable as he comes across in interviews etc, it will be great. 

I did VIP for A Perfect Circle, and met Billy Howerdel (SUPER nice guy) & did a couple of Tool VIPs, meeting everyone but Maynard... great experiences, I haven't had a single regret w/ any of them. 
    I wish we did the wine tasting.

Purple Pachyderm is his logo for his wine company, lol.  Claypool cellars.

Learn about his wine and tell him Maynerds is better, lol!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 5,504

I wish we did the wine tasting.

Purple Pachyderm is his logo for his wine company, lol.  Claypool cellars.

Learn about his wine and tell him Maynerds is better, lol!
    I won't rule it out... I'll try to read the room before breaking balls.   :D

More than anything, I'm most excited to be so close to one of the best bass players of all time again... I had 2nd row for the Seas of Cheese anniversary tour back in '03, and 11th row back in '11. 

It's also been a fun reason to pick up a Rush album and get to know it. I've always respected & appreciated what I know of them, but I never knew where to begin to explore their catalog. This gave me a good starting place, and I'm loving it. Can't wait to see Primus recreate it. 

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 2,665
    ^^^nice^^^will be memorable for sure.