Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Second Pfizer shot went in on Friday. Woke up achy and a little run down on Saturday, and by the afternoon I had a bit of a fever. It all broke last night and I feel fine this morning. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    JimmyV said:
    Second Pfizer shot went in on Friday. Woke up achy and a little run down on Saturday, and by the afternoon I had a bit of a fever. It all broke last night and I feel fine this morning. 
    That's the feeling of microchip assimilation.  Completely normal. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    And the good news is Jimmy got directions when driving to the store this morning piped right into his head.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    And the good news is Jimmy got directions when driving to the store this morning piped right into his head.
    Total ancillary benefit
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Whatever government worker is tracking my whereabouts - I feel sorry for them. What a boring job.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    No directions but a buddy venting to me about how boring the Stone Zoo was with his kids led somehow to me getting ads for said zoo on Facebook. (True story.)

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Whatever government worker is tracking my whereabouts - I feel sorry for them. What a boring job.
    Even more to the point - if someone wants to watch the gross things I do in the privacy of my own home that's on them.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JimmyV said:
    No directions but a buddy venting to me about how boring the Stone Zoo was with his kids led somehow to me getting ads for said zoo on Facebook. (True story.)
    he probably googled it while signed in to his google account and since you're friends with him, the ads probably got spread to his friend list who live in the same area. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Matts3221 said:

Been just about 24 hours since my second Pfizer shot. At work , feeling a little achy , no headache , sore arm. Eating and drinking no problem. I may call it an early day just because I am tired but I am also sitting at a desk so its not like I am doing manual labor all day.

I hope anyone really knocked down is feeling better.

So I should have kept my mouth shut , about three hours after posting , started running a low grade fever , body started aching more and more and then it felt like weights were hanging over my eyes. Left work and slept for 20 out of the following 24 hours.

Feeling fine now and again compared to others I am not complaining just funny that I was bragging at work about how well I took it only to leave at 1pm

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    Thurs i have my second dose of AZ  after a 12 week gap. To say im shitting it is an understatement 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2021
    Thurs i have my second dose of AZ  after a 12 week gap. To say im shitting it is an understatement 
    Misread 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    Thurs i have my second dose of AZ  after a 12 week gap. To say im shitting it is an understatement 

ultimately doing good for you, your family and your wider community.

also allows you to hit up PJ!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I will have it for sure just  scared. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Thurs i have my second dose of AZ  after a 12 week gap. To say im shitting it is an understatement 
    Misread 
    Its my englishness "shitting it" =worried
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    Misread 
    Its my englishness "shitting it" =worried
    Hahahaha that was it exactly.  You know how misery loves company!   Seriously tho hope all goes well for you!  And your “Englishness” is awesome! 
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    I will have it for sure just  scared. 

100% get it Rob , I was super scared as well. Being on the other end of it now feels really good.

Drink tons of water and Gatorade before and after shot , get rest , listen to your body.

Even if you feel down and out for a few days the end result is that fear that we have been living with for the past year getting lifted.

Be well , you got this.  

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    JimmyV said:
    he probably googled it while signed in to his google account and since you're friends with him, the ads probably got spread to his friend list who live in the same area. 
    Nah, his device's microphone picked it up.
    Siri, Alexa et al are constantly spying on us.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:

I think this is 100% true and am about as far from a tin foil hate conspiracy guy as you can be.
    Also...I don't really much care.  Be some boring ass data they collect from me.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    If you can plan a light day after dose two, the experience is kind of unique. Usually when you wake up sick you weren't expecting it, you don't know what it is, you don't know how long it will last, and you don't know how bad it will get. With this you are expecting it, you do know what it is, and you have a reasonable idea how long it will last and how bad it will be. Not everyone's experience will be the same but for me that helped. Made it easier to just relax and wait it out on Saturday. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    yes, I have no doubt this actually happens. I was just giving the Conspiracy Light answer first. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JimmyV said:
    If you can plan a light day after dose two, the experience is kind of unique. Usually when you wake up sick you weren't expecting it, you don't know what it is, you don't know how long it will last, and you don't know how bad it will get. With this you are expecting it, you do know what it is, and you have a reasonable idea how long it will last and how bad it will be. Not everyone's experience will be the same but for me that helped. Made it easier to just relax and wait it out on Saturday. 
    I like this way of looking at it. I’m going to try to do the same when I get my second. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:

I think this is 100% true and am about as far from a tin foil hate conspiracy guy as you can be.
    Also...I don't really much care.  Be some boring ass data they collect from me.
    I would love to see some credible information on whether this occurs or not. I’m not ruling it out but I tend to think that we generally just vastly underestimate the degree of data that is being mined and what can be learned from it. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    JimmyV said:
    That is what I did. I told my boss I may need to take a sick day the day after. I woke up the day after the shot with a fever, took some Tylenol, and went back to bed. But I was back online working by 1:00pm - so took a 1/2 a sick day. If I didn't work at home, I probably would have taken the whole day, however.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Got my second dose this morning!

Waiting to see how it goes. After my first I just had fatigue, mild headache and an upset stomach for a few days, so I am really hoping it's the same for this, though I'm prepared for worse. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Got my second dose this morning!

Waiting to see how it goes. After my first I just had fatigue, mild headache and an upset stomach for a few days, so I am really hoping it's the same for this, though I'm prepared for worse. 

Hoping it is mild for you and even less than the first go around!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Matts3221 said:
    brianlux said:
    12 days past my 2nd Moderna injection and I still struggle with some fatigue.  I'm not anti-vacc, but I'm wary of them.  And I think for good reason.  Sure would like to feel more normal again.

I know two people who had 2nd Modera and had linger effects for about 3 weeks ( fatigue ). In the end totally worth it. I wish you the best and that the linger effects get better each day.

Thanks, Matts.  Its 25 days now and still feeling like crap.  I have heard though that the effects can last 6 weeks, so I'm hoping to be getting better in a few weeks.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I believe  a longer  gap would eliminate  a lot of this. Here in the uk we are 12 weeks between gives the body time. (I hope) let you know  tomorrow 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Matts3221 said:
    Matts3221 said:

Been just about 24 hours since my second Pfizer shot. At work , feeling a little achy , no headache , sore arm. Eating and drinking no problem. I may call it an early day just because I am tired but I am also sitting at a desk so its not like I am doing manual labor all day.

I hope anyone really knocked down is feeling better.

So I should have kept my mouth shut , about three hours after posting , started running a low grade fever , body started aching more and more and then it felt like weights were hanging over my eyes. Left work and slept for 20 out of the following 24 hours.

Feeling fine now and again compared to others I am not complaining just funny that I was bragging at work about how well I took it only to leave at 1pm

Haha.  I was similar.  Came into work the next day and ultimately left at 11:30.  No body aches,  just headache and fever.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    I believe  a longer  gap would eliminate  a lot of this. Here in the uk we are 12 weeks between gives the body time. (I hope) let you know  tomorrow 
    We are all in a rush to get fully vaxxed and have a fun summer, and we have so many doses now (shamefully with so much of the world struggling).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    First dose 3/31, covid infection 4/19, 2nd dose today. Pretty sure I can already communicate with the Mars Rover and see the 5th dimension.
    It's a hopeless situation...