Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

Comments

• Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Second shot of Pfizer tomorrow. Nervous but I would rather be sick for a few days then get Covid. Also I feel its so hit or miss on if you get effected by the second shot. My wife got the second shot and she has some medical issues that made us think she was going to get hit hard ( first shot got her down for 3 days ) , other than feeling "tired" the next day nothing else.

Plan is to drink 80 Oz's of water before shot and another 40 after shot.

Also work is good , they are planning on me just not coming in on Friday but if I feel well enough I will.

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Malroth said:
    2nd moderna.
    Didn't hurt as much as first.
    Placebo.

......is a great band.

I don't feel so well today.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Getting my second Moderna tomorrow morning. I’m a bit nervous but looking forward to getting it over with. 
    My 2nd dose side effects hit about 18 hours after.
    Same for my boss.
    Lasted a few hours.
    Then exhausted the next day
    Thanks. I hope the effects are mild but I told my boss that I may need to take Thursday off depending. I work at home so if I feel ok I can just bring my laptop into my bed. If not, I will take the day off. 

Hope you feel fine after your shot and that the vax hangover won't be too bad. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,693
    edited April 2021
    Just got my second Moderna. I am waiting out my 15 minutes before I can leave. I guess I will know more by tonight how it will affect me. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    GlowGirl said:
    Just got my second Moderna. I am waiting out my 15 minutes before I can leave. I guess I will know more by tonight how it will affect me. 
    Tequila or Vodka.  They will help!
    ;)

Hope you breeze on through!
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Nope.  Still waiting.  I’m an education worker, but am off because our schools are online...schools may stay online for the remainder of the year...but this is Ontario...so who knows what’s going on...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Poncier said:
    So far so good.
    Mild arm soreness, less than first shot and feel a little lethargic but nothing that can't be handled.
    Arm soreness went away, nasty headache took its place.
    Give me the arm soreness all day any day.
    Would be napping if I weren't stupid enough to have come into work today.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    2nd Moderna yesterday. Arm is sore but no other side effects so far
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Good thoughts to all of you who are dealing with vax aftermath. Hopefully most of you can ride it out or sleep some of it off. 
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    So far so good for me after 2nd shot this afternoon, I have to work tomorrow (from home thankfully) but I'm off on Friday and have a very early appt to have my car serviced.  Hope that doesn't turn out to be a mistake on my part not realizing the time frame when I scheduled the service.  
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Pfizer #1 today. So far so good. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Was able  to get AZ shot yesterday evening. Felt fine before bed. Slept like crap, woke up with a very sore arm. Decided to pass on work today and glad I did. Had joint pains, fever, then chills, absolutley no energy, minor headache and slept a good portion of this day away. Wife got it at the same time as me and pretty much feels exactly like I do.
    Still feel like crap as I post this 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    10 hours after my second shot and just a sore arm so far. I guess I will see how I feel in the morning. 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Well 24 hrs later, feel much better, arm is just a little sore still
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    So far so good.
    Mild arm soreness, less than first shot and feel a little lethargic but nothing that can't be handled.
    Arm soreness went away, nasty headache took its place.
    Give me the arm soreness all day any day.
    Would be napping if I weren't stupid enough to have come into work today.
    Back to normal this morning, but had about 8-10 rough hours with that headache yesterday into last night.
    Glad so many are reporting their opportunity to get the 2nd shots and hope the recoveries go well!
    It’s been a little over 24 hours after my second shot. I didn’t really feel sick during the night but I had insomnia. I was tossing and turning for hours. Around 8:00am I had a 101.6 temp. But no body aches or massive chills. I took Tylenol and went back to bed. I just got up and the fever is gone and beside feeling tired and a slight headache I feel ok. My arm didn’t get as sore and what I have heard other people get and that pain is almost gone as well. 
    GlowGirl said:
    It’s been a little over 24 hours after my second shot. I didn’t really feel sick during the night but I had insomnia. I was tossing and turning for hours. Around 8:00am I had a 101.6 temp. But no body aches or massive chills. I took Tylenol and went back to bed. I just got up and the fever is gone and beside feeling tired and a slight headache I feel ok. My arm didn’t get as sore and what I have heard other people get and that pain is almost gone as well. 

Good news thus far!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    We are scheduled for 2nd Moderna shot on May 22 but Signora Abruzzo is impatient. What happens if we ditch the 2nd Moderna and get a single dose J&J shot instead?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    GlowGirl said:

Good news thus far!
    Yes. I just ate lunch and basically feel back to normal with a slight headache. I am taking it easy today though. 
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Pfizer #1 today. So far so good. 
    Well, got terrible migraine headache later. Not able to do anything yesterday evening. Better today. A bit of a sore arm but minor. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    So far so good for me after 2nd shot this afternoon, I have to work tomorrow (from home thankfully) but I'm off on Friday and have a very early appt to have my car serviced.  Hope that doesn't turn out to be a mistake on my part not realizing the time frame when I scheduled the service.  
    So I ended up having to call out for Thursday,  I was SO sick, I had fever, chills, total body aches and headache.  I slept all day yesterday and all night last night till this morning.  Much better today, made my car appt. this morning and good to go.  I totally believe it was worth the one day of agony.
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Been just about 24 hours since my second Pfizer shot. At work , feeling a little achy , no headache , sore arm. Eating and drinking no problem. I may call it an early day just because I am tired but I am also sitting at a desk so its not like I am doing manual labor all day.

I hope anyone really knocked down is feeling better.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I scheduled for my first dose on May 7 in the morning and second dose one month later (pfizer)
    I originally was going to this. (went to our county's website and filled everything out and all) but then someone mentioned CVS is doing vaccine shots. So i went on this morning to see what they had. They had one for Friday after work which worked out better then the other date. So i scheduled my first dose for this Friday instead, Pfizer

Just got my first shot about 30 minutes or so ago. So far, so good.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I scheduled for my first dose on May 7 in the morning and second dose one month later (pfizer)
    I originally was going to this. (went to our county's website and filled everything out and all) but then someone mentioned CVS is doing vaccine shots. So i went on this morning to see what they had. They had one for Friday after work which worked out better then the other date. So i scheduled my first dose for this Friday instead, Pfizer

The first 30 minutes is the best ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    We are scheduled for 2nd Moderna shot on May 22 but Signora Abruzzo is impatient. What happens if we ditch the 2nd Moderna and get a single dose J&J shot instead?

check cdc site for that. each are different type of vax.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

check cdc site for that. each are different type of vax.
    Yeah and my guess would be its not recommended.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,700
    Mixing is not tested yet
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

The first 30 minutes is the best ;)
    Feel fine. Arm isn't too bad (a little sore, but nothing bad. I can lift stuff)

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday.  I felt a little woozy after the shot and my arm is sore today, but not too bad.  Three weeks for second shot and will be fully vaxxed by memorial day.