I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    mickeyrat said:
    halv said:
    mickeyrat said:

I've been looking for this SNFU album forever. Live tracks were recorded in my hometown. 

$20 sealed US seller on discogs. likely have to pay up on shipping but....
    That seller won’t ship to Canada. Helluva good price for a 30 year old sealed record. I’m wary of really old sealed records myself. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    edited April 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    halv said:
    mickeyrat said:

I've been looking for this SNFU album forever. Live tracks were recorded in my hometown. 

That seller won’t ship to Canada. Helluva good price for a 30 year old sealed record. I’m wary of really old sealed records myself. 

saw nothing in their terms they wont ship to canada or other international destinations.

you're set so....

as for sealed old records, haven't had any issues myself.

recently purchased og vitalogy, its perfect.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    halv said:
    mickeyrat said:

saw nothing in their terms they wont ship to canada or other international destinations.

you're set so....
    It’s a cassette version you are looking at I am guessing, which makes more sense:

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Went to the P.O. this weekend and it was locked up due to vandalism.  Went back today and they were open with a sign saying, "Some boxes were opened this weekend by vandals".  I knew I had some records due and and was really worried.  I lucked out- all was safe including these (especially thrilled to finally have the new Dinosaur Jr!):

Sweep It Into Space Vinyl LP Album Limited Edition album coverTime Step album cover

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    dankind said:
    I apologize in advance for the shitty experience you’re going to have trying to get that Pretty Hate Machine to play. 

One of these days, we’ll get a decent repressing of that one I that doesn’t skip like hell or look like Ralphie used it for Red Ryder target practice. 

You’ll shoot your “Terrible Lie” out!
    Just opened this. I haven't played it, but the label on side one is not glued down all the way. It is bubbling up all over. I think this one is going back. I got it at a local record shop, so I should be able to easily return or exchange it.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    halv said:
    mickeyrat said:

you're set so....
    It’s a cassette version you are looking at I am guessing, which makes more sense:

my bad.  looked at the master release and didnt filter....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    I apologize in advance for the shitty experience you’re going to have trying to get that Pretty Hate Machine to play. 

One of these days, we’ll get a decent repressing of that one I that doesn’t skip like hell or look like Ralphie used it for Red Ryder target practice. 

Just opened this. I haven't played it, but the label on side one is not glued down all the way. It is bubbling up all over. I think this one is going back. I got it at a local record shop, so I should be able to easily return or exchange it.

If it is bubbled, you may check and see if it is a second label on top of another. I’ve had that happen a few times. The bubbled up label just kinda peels off reveling another label underneath.
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:

If it is bubbled, you may check and see if it is a second label on top of another. I’ve had that happen a few times. The bubbled up label just kinda peels off reveling another label underneath.

There's a certain Beatles album for which something like that would be quite fortuitous! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    brianlux said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:

There's a certain Beatles album for which something like that would be quite fortuitous! 
    Don't you think the glue would have dried by now though?  I would love to unearth a butcher album!
    brianlux said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:

Yea, no doubt. I have had a few of the double labels over the years with records. Since the labels are actually pressed into the vinyl and not glued, whenever you see a bubble it is usually a 2nd label that is on top of the label that is pressed in the vinyl. They are usually easily removed. And then you have an extra paper label which is kinda cool. I have kept all mine.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:

Yea, no doubt. I have had a few of the double labels over the years with records. Since the labels are actually pressed into the vinyl and not glued, whenever you see a bubble it is usually a 2nd label that is on top of the label that is pressed in the vinyl. They are usually easily removed. And then you have an extra paper label which is kinda cool. I have kept all mine.
    Yeah, I put them on a coaster.  I don't know why. 
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:

I had no clue this even existed 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    halv said:
    mickeyrat said:

The Polish Hall in Edmonton! I grew up near the Jasper Park border. Late night drives home after seeing shows in the city were commonplace. I saw SNFU at the Bronx in 92 (with fake ID 😂) and later on 96 maybe when it became the Rev. I ended up living in Edmonton for a while of course.  There were some great shows in that place, including Nirvana in March of ‘91, I wasn’t there.... and apparently there was hardly anyone there. http://etownravehistoryproject.blogspot.com/2016/12/bronx-lush-rev-from-archives.html?m=1
    My roommate had this CD and we played it constantly.  

I found this on Discogs from someone in Germany (been looking for a looong time). German postal rates are the cheapest in the world, by far. About $11 CAD dollars to ship a NM. Was 35€ for one of these 2000 copies. Super pumped to give it a spin when it arrives. 

I still have the gig flyer from SNFU's original farewell shows at the Polish Hall on my wall but I didn't go to the show. I was young and stupid and afraid I was going to get hurt at a "punk" show. Photos of Chi Pig 20 feet in the air with his blonde hair swinging scared me at the time. I did see the Wheat Chiefs (SNFU Belke brothers) at the Bronx with The Doughboys which was amazing. Here in Vancouver I ran into Chi Pig quite often at shows. Of course he passed away earlier this year and there's an amazing mural to him in Gastown. I did get to see Fugazi at the Polish Hall about 20 years ago which was absolutely incredible. 
    Finally got this Kevin Gray cut, Steve Hoffman mastering for an ok price. Have been trying to put together the CCR catalog with the KG/SH cuts, but they are getting very expensive.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:
    Finally got this Kevin Gray cut, Steve Hoffman mastering for an ok price. Have been trying to put together the CCR catalog with the KG/SH cuts, but they are getting very expensive.

Very nice. I have excellent reissues of Green River which was pressed at QRP, mastered by George Horn.  Also have a KG version of Cosmo's Factory.  It's a mass production, but was cut by KG.  Both sound fantastic.  If you need links to good versions, I can give them to you.  Both in the $25 range.  
    halv said:
    halv said:
    mickeyrat said:

The Polish Hall in Edmonton! I grew up near the Jasper Park border. Late night drives home after seeing shows in the city were commonplace. I saw SNFU at the Bronx in 92 (with fake ID 😂) and later on 96 maybe when it became the Rev. I ended up living in Edmonton for a while of course.  There were some great shows in that place, including Nirvana in March of ‘91, I wasn’t there.... and apparently there was hardly anyone there. http://etownravehistoryproject.blogspot.com/2016/12/bronx-lush-rev-from-archives.html?m=1
    My roommate had this CD and we played it constantly.  

I found this on Discogs from someone in Germany (been looking for a looong time). German postal rates are the cheapest in the world, by far. About $11 CAD dollars to ship a NM. Was 35€ for one of these 2000 copies. Super pumped to give it a spin when it arrives. 

I still have the gig flyer from SNFU's original farewell shows at the Polish Hall on my wall but I didn't go to the show. I was young and stupid and afraid I was going to get hurt at a "punk" show. Photos of Chi Pig 20 feet in the air with his blonde hair swinging scared me at the time. I did see the Wheat Chiefs (SNFU Belke brothers) at the Bronx with The Doughboys which was amazing. Here in Vancouver I ran into Chi Pig quite often at shows. Of course he passed away earlier this year and there's an amazing mural to him in Gastown. I did get to see Fugazi at the Polish Hall about 20 years ago which was absolutely incredible. 
    Very cool. Get yourself a copy of Last of the Bigtime Suspenders. Wait for a German seller as stated previously. I can get a record shipped from Germany for almost half the price it would cost in Canada and more than a third less than the US (it takes a special record for me to order from the US anymore). 
    Basically, the only records I purchase off Discogs are from Germany. 
    MedozK said:

Great album! 
    Saw one of these in a thrift store today.  The cover was OK but the vinyl was super-thrashed.  Some kid must have scraped it with his Tonka Toy bulldozer or something.  I was s-a-a-a-d!

What I did find in the thrift store with the above thrasher was a very nice copy of this super cool album.  I thought it would be dumb and pseudo punk but it's not- it's brilliant! (And no corner bent like the one in this Discogs photo)

edited April 2021
    Picked this VG copy up for $6.50.  Not the best Hendrix by any stretch, but the version here of "Little Ivey" (aka "Little Wing") is rilly rilly grooooooovy, baby.
    Original Soundtrack Of The Motion Picture Experience Vinyl LP Compilation album cover

And this one, oh so cool!

Post edited by brianlux on

brianlux said:
    Picked this VG copy up for $6.50.  Not the best Hendrix by any stretch, but the version here of "Little Ivey" (aka "Little Wing") is rilly rilly grooooooovy, baby.
    Original Soundtrack Of The Motion Picture Experience Vinyl LP Compilation album cover

jimi cover pic is wrong. depicted as a righty.....

mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

jimi cover pic is wrong. depicted as a righty.....

Ha!  Good eye, M!

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Three new in the Astrid Lindgren series I am
    collecting:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    brianlux said:
    What I did find in the thrift store with the above thrasher was a very nice copy of this super cool album.  I thought it would be dumb and pseudo punk but it's not- it's brilliant! (And no corner bent like the one in this Discogs photo)

"Choreographed by Our Moms"
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    edited April 2021
    MMJ keeps goin with the vinyl reissues (I picked up the 20th anniv of Tennessee Fire, 20th anniv of At Dawn, Z, the special edition of Waterfall II, and now this one): https://mymorningjacket.colortestmerch.com/collections/shop-all/products/it-still-moves-reissue-vinyl-golden-smoke-edition

I'm good on going any further than for now with my wallet (i.e. the Evil Urges ressiue). The first four IMO are the holy grail. 

Also picked up the 20th anniversary edition of The Shins' first!
    Post edited by 1STmammal2wearPants on
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    MMJ keeps goin with the vinyl reissues (I picked up the 20th anniv of Tennessee Fire, 20th anniv of At Dawn, Z, the special edition of Waterfall II, and now this one): https://mymorningjacket.colortestmerch.com/collections/shop-all/products/it-still-moves-reissue-vinyl-golden-smoke-edition

I'm good on going any further than for now with my wallet (i.e. the Evil Urges ressiue). The first four IMO are the holy grail. 

Ordered the It Still Moves and Evil Urges. Need to grab At Dawn and Tennessee Fire 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448

I got the bundle. I missed out on Tennessee Fire and At Dawn though
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    LukinFan said:

I believe At Dawn is still available for preorder on Amazon and they may still have copies of Tennessee Fire as well. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    LukinFan said:

I believe At Dawn is still available for preorder on Amazon and they may still have copies of Tennessee Fire as well. 
    I just looked, At Dawn is sold out. Hopefully they get more. Tennessee Fire is $50 which seemed a little high to me. Looks like it’s a private seller. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    edited April 2021
    LukinFan said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    LukinFan said:

I just looked, At Dawn is sold out. Hopefully they get more. Tennessee Fire is $50 which seemed a little high to me. Looks like it’s a private seller. 
    Got my Tenn Fire from their record label Darla! https://darla.com/products/my-morning-jacket-the-tennessee-fire-20th-anniversary-edition
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II