I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    mrussel1 said:

I found my copy in a little record shop in Miami’s Little Haiti neighborhood before the 2016 PJ show. Made up for missing out on a poster.
    Oh man, it was hot standing in that Miami line outside the arena.  But the print was definitely worth it. 
    I ended up getting a SE off eBay for $100 a month later. Person I bought it from lived only a few blocks from me so he gave me the shipping cost back.

Was well worth it to spend the day hitting a record shop, hanging on the beach, eating empanadas from a street vendor, and getting boozed up.
    Buddy of mine snagged one for me.  It was the only time I didn't wait on line for a poster!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:

I found my copy in a little record shop in Miami’s Little Haiti neighborhood before the 2016 PJ show. Made up for missing out on a poster.
    Oh man, it was hot standing in that Miami line outside the arena.  But the print was definitely worth it. 
    I ended up getting a SE off eBay for $100 a month later. Person I bought it from lived only a few blocks from me so he gave me the shipping cost back.

Was well worth it to spend the day hitting a record shop, hanging on the beach, eating empanadas from a street vendor, and getting boozed up.
    I agree, definitely a good use of $65 or whatever.  But you got lucky too.  That thing really shot up over the years.  I love it though.  
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448

I bought my copy from a record store in Ohio (not Plaid Room) that had it's inventory online. I Got ID sounds perfect, Long Road has some clicking over the first 30 seconds, but I am still happy to have picked it up. 
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    Still need me a Merkinball. I saw one a few years back for $150 CAD, but I wasn't as obsessed with collecting vinyl as I am now..

I did grab:
    Them Crooked Vultures
    Jack White - Blunderbuss
    White Stripes - White Blood Cells
    Killers - Hot Fuss
    Mt Joy - Rearrange Us
    Evanescence - Bitter Truth
    Jack White - Acoustic Hits (Blue)
    U2 - War
    REM - Out of Time

I can't save a dollar to save my life.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179

1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    toolie said:

Got the new t-shirt yesterday (hooray!) and waiting waiting waiting for that vinyl to show up.   Next week, I hope!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I apologize in advance for the shitty experience you’re going to have trying to get that Pretty Hate Machine to play. 

One of these days, we’ll get a decent repressing of that one I that doesn’t skip like hell or look like Ralphie used it for Red Ryder target practice. 

You’ll shoot your “Terrible Lie” out!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    dankind said:
    I apologize in advance for the shitty experience you’re going to have trying to get that Pretty Hate Machine to play. 

One of these days, we’ll get a decent repressing of that one I that doesn’t skip like hell or look like Ralphie used it for Red Ryder target practice. 

Thanks for the warning. I will pop it on tomorrow and see how it sounds.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mrussel1 said:

brubek in stereo?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

brubek in stereo?
    Yes.  The original was stereo too.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    dankind said:

Good to know. I got that rsd box set a while back and it skipped silly. Actually traded it in. 
    GlowGirl said:

Before the Flood 🤘🤘🤘
    Love The Band!!!  
    brianlux said:
    toolie said:

Got the new t-shirt yesterday (hooray!) and waiting waiting waiting for that vinyl to show up.   Next week, I hope!
    I didn’t get a shirt, was that from DJ website or something? The record is awesome, it’s the album I didn’t know I needed right now 😀
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Loujoe said:
    dankind said:

Good to know. I got that rsd box set a while back and it skipped silly. Actually traded it in. 
    Yup. Same here.

Concord Bicycle thought it would be a decent way to dump all of those flawed PHMs onto consumers. Would've been an awesome set had they done it up correctly.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Ugh. I hate FedEx. I always have issues with them. Hopefully the next copy they send will be in better shape. In the meantime I got the super deluxe edition and it's pretty great.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:

Ugh. I hate FedEx. I always have issues with them. Hopefully the next copy they send will be in better shape. In the meantime I got the super deluxe edition and it's pretty great.
    That sucks but I love FedEx here in town.  To be fair,  it's only used for Acoustic Sounds and their boxes are designed perfectly,  so even fedex can't Jack them up.  And they deliver on Sundays
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

That sucks but I love FedEx here in town.  To be fair,  it's only used for Acoustic Sounds and their boxes are designed perfectly,  so even fedex can't Jack them up.  And they deliver on Sundays
    Idk. Every time I have something delivered by FedEx it's either way late or damaged. I even ended up having to go to the distribution center for several things because they screwed up so bad a few times, which is ridiculous. I have way better luck with ups and usps has actually been decent as of late which is saying a lot. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    dankind said:

That album did not age well with me.  I can't listen to it anymore...
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    @mrussel1 you inspired me. I went on a (predominantly) jazz online spending splurge last night after seeing your recent purchase. A little folk rock, punk and classical also made into the cart. I probably shouldn’t have purchased that PanAm record, being one of those European public domain labels which generally have poor sources but it was inexpensive. Pretty excited for these to all arrive. 

edited April 2021
    @mrussel1 you inspired me. I went on a (predominantly) jazz online spending splurge last night after seeing your recent purchase. A little folk rock, punk and classical also made into the cart. I probably shouldn’t have purchased that PanAm record, being one of those European public domain labels which generally have poor sources but it was inexpensive. Pretty excited for these to all arrive. 

look for this title. take 5 is prob the most popular cut of all his "time" series. this is just the listing of the og press....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I’ve got Time Out already (MoV pressing) but thanks for the heads up. 
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    edited April 2021
    mickeyrat said:

I've been looking for this SNFU album forever. Live tracks were recorded in my hometown. 
    That Time In sounds amazing.  Starts strange the way the stereo is set up, you'll think a speaker is off.. then it explodes.  Monk's Dream is one of my favorite records.  
    halv said:
    mickeyrat said:

I've been looking for this SNFU album forever. Live tracks were recorded in my hometown. 

$20 sealed US seller on discogs. likely have to pay up on shipping but....

edited April 2021
    halv said:
    mickeyrat said:

The Polish Hall in Edmonton! I grew up near the Jasper Park border. Late night drives home after seeing shows in the city were commonplace. I saw SNFU at the Bronx in 92 (with fake ID 😂) and later on 96 maybe when it became the Rev. I ended up living in Edmonton for a while of course.  There were some great shows in that place, including Nirvana in March of ‘91, I wasn’t there.... and apparently there was hardly anyone there. http://etownravehistoryproject.blogspot.com/2016/12/bronx-lush-rev-from-archives.html?m=1
    My roommate had this CD and we played it constantly.  

I found this on Discogs from someone in Germany (been looking for a looong time). German postal rates are the cheapest in the world, by far. About $11 CAD dollars to ship a NM. Was 35€ for one of these 2000 copies. Super pumped to give it a spin when it arrives. 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
    mrussel1 said:
    That Time In sounds amazing.  Starts strange the way the stereo is set up, you'll think a speaker is off.. then it explodes.  Monk's Dream is one of my favorite records.  
    Awesome. Cannot wait for them to arrive!