I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    halv said:

Love the Movement!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    MedozK said:
    It's been a great couple of weeks!

Lots of great stuff there. Smokin' is PHENOMENAL. Is the Colossus the Kevin Gray cut?
    Colossus is great. 

Wil- what is that "Coltrane Jazz" record? Got a catalog?
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Lots of great stuff there. Smokin' is PHENOMENAL. Is the Colossus the Kevin Gray cut?
    Colossus is great. 

Thanks guys!  Yes, the Colossus is cut by Kevin Gray. I picked this up off of Ebay. ($35)  It was recommended on the Steve Hoffman forums.

https://www.discogs.com/Sonny-Rollins-Saxophone-Colossus/release/10655344

The Coltrane Jazz is the ORG pressing, it's awesome! I picked it up at Acoustic Sounds.

https://www.discogs.com/John-Coltrane-Coltrane-Jazz/release/5687556

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Colossus is great. 

Thanks guys!  Yes, the Colossus is cut by Kevin Gray. I picked this up off of Ebay. ($35)  It was recommended on the Steve Hoffman forums.

https://www.discogs.com/Sonny-Rollins-Saxophone-Colossus/release/10655344

The Coltrane Jazz is the ORG pressing, it's awesome! I picked it up at Acoustic Sounds.

https://www.discogs.com/John-Coltrane-Coltrane-Jazz/release/5687556

Thanks!  Unfortunately back ordered right now. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Ok that's two of you. How is it?
    edited April 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

ordered. through blue note. her site was sold out.

its available for streaming. also her cover of black hole sun that show is enough to justify the purchase  for me..

theres a pro shot video on YouTube
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

Found these at a flea market today. I had been looking for Harvest. 
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

its available for streaming. also her cover of black hole sun that show is enough to justify the purchase  for me..

Ah okay.  I ordered through Amazon.  Thurs delivery
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

really? searched for ghe exact title and nothing came up. her site showed  blue note and her site as the only ones with vinyl.

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

really? searched for ghe exact title and nothing came up. her site showed  blue note and her site as the only ones with vinyl.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VRBQ4JJ?psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref_=cm_sw_r_apa_typT2_Ke1CGbQ3G0APS
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    GlowGirl said:

Excellent!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    my 16 year old self is on this cover!! My bud pointed it out to me way back when. He was like were you at that show? I saw you on the cover. Picked up the cassette back then and since threw it out. Just got the lp to stuff in with my others. I'm the face squashed under the two 'EE's. Always smart enough to stay out of those pits until I learned to navigate them better. Saved me from getting a few busted lips for sure! What a great life I've lived.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    GlowGirl said:

Two very nice finds. Enjoy.
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    That’s awesome @Loujoe seems like one you just need in the collection when you’re on the cover.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Loujoe said:
    my 16 year old self is on this cover!! My bud pointed it out to me way back when. He was like were you at that show? I saw you on the cover. Picked up the cassette back then and since threw it out. Just got the lp to stuff in with my others. I'm the face squashed under the two 'EE's. Always smart enough to stay out of those pits until I learned to navigate them better. Saved me from getting a few busted lips for sure! What a great life I've lived.
    That is awesome!
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Mine is scheduled for delivery today so I will let you know. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    edited April 2021
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Mine is scheduled for delivery today so I will let you know. 

mine shipped today

The Norah live record sounds great. Good separation of vocals and instruments in the mix. Like a lot of jazz there is a bit of "airiness" in mix which some like and some don't. Her vocals and piano sound really good. The bass could be a little more present on a few tracks but that is getting nit picky. Overall I'm really pleased with how it turned out, especially having been recorded at multiple locations. The vinyl itself is relatively quiet but not "dead quiet". Great addition to the collection. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    Awesome!  Thanks for the update.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643

A splurge just arrived!

Giant Steps Vinyl LP Album Reissue Stereo album cover

John Coltrane ‎– Giant Steps

Label:
    Atlantic ‎– 1311, Atlantic ‎– SD-1311, Atlantic ‎– SD 1311, Atlantic ‎– 8122787061
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

Kind Of Blue Vinyl LP Album Reissue Remastered album cover

Miles Davis ‎– Kind Of Blue

Label:
    Columbia ‎– 88697680571, Legacy ‎– 88697680571
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 180 Gram
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

wordup
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

I found my copy in a little record shop in Miami’s Little Haiti neighborhood before the 2016 PJ show. Made up for missing out on a poster.
    ikiT said:

wordup

This needs to be re-issued!  I have a copy and it plays ok, but has lots of clicks and surface noise. 

I found my copy in a little record shop in Miami’s Little Haiti neighborhood before the 2016 PJ show. Made up for missing out on a poster.
    Oh man, it was hot standing in that Miami line outside the arena.  But the print was definitely worth it. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    mrussel1 said:

Oh man, it was hot standing in that Miami line outside the arena.  But the print was definitely worth it. 
    I ended up getting a SE off eBay for $100 a month later. Person I bought it from lived only a few blocks from me so he gave me the shipping cost back.

Was well worth it to spend the day hitting a record shop, hanging on the beach, eating empanadas from a street vendor, and getting boozed up.