2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    JABK said:
    Hope they announce the NA makeup shows soon, with an added MSG show 🤞
    Instead of trying to make all the logistics happen, with makeups, and new shows, why not make a 10 show run @ MSG with all tickets from postponed shows good at one of the MSG shows. 
    Sounds good to me! Will Billy Joel make room for PJ? 😋
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    Interview with Stone. towards the end he references recording new music and hoping to tour North America in the fall or early winter.  If he’s willing to say it aloud then they are seriously planning something. 

https://audioinkradio.com/2021/04/pearl-jam-stone-gossard-interview/

Interesting and nice find! To me this reads as the he is hopeful the festival shows this fall happen and that Australia is happening this winter. Then the makeup shows for NA and/or Europe would follow.

What’s next with Pearl Jam? Right after you released your latest album, “Gigaton,” is right when things started to shut down last year.

Yeah. Pearl Jam will definitely be back. I think we’ll probably be on the road. I mean, my hope is that by- we’ll start playing some shows in the fall or early winter. I don’t know what they’re going to be or when they’re going to be, but that’s my hope. And after that, we’ve got a lot of makeup shows to do. We’ve got a lot of work to do.

This makes me want to double down on my prediction
    Ohana and Sea.Hear.Now will happen as planned.  Possible AUS/NZ tour in Winter.  Still think the 2020 Spring NA tour happens Spring 2022
    I think they’re on. SNH will be the first show back. I just wish they would sell me a 1-day ticket.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    Interview with Stone. towards the end he references recording new music and hoping to tour North America in the fall or early winter.  If he’s willing to say it aloud then they are seriously planning something. 

Interesting and nice find! To me this reads as the he is hopeful the festival shows this fall happen and that Australia is happening this winter. Then the makeup shows for NA and/or Europe would follow.

What’s next with Pearl Jam? Right after you released your latest album, “Gigaton,” is right when things started to shut down last year.

Yeah. Pearl Jam will definitely be back. I think we’ll probably be on the road. I mean, my hope is that by- we’ll start playing some shows in the fall or early winter. I don’t know what they’re going to be or when they’re going to be, but that’s my hope. And after that, we’ve got a lot of makeup shows to do. We’ve got a lot of work to do.

Ohana and Sea.Hear.Now will happen as planned.  Possible AUS/NZ tour in Winter.  Still think the 2020 Spring NA tour happens Spring 2022
    I think they’re on. SNH will be the first show back. I just wish they would sell me a 1-day ticket.
    I was wishing the same but ran out of patience.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    JABK said:
    Instead of trying to make all the logistics happen, with makeups, and new shows, why not make a 10 show run @ MSG with all tickets from postponed shows good at one of the MSG shows. 

I feel like this would just be a different type of logistical nightmare. A customer service nightmare, if nothing else.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:

Ugh I can’t justify $400 plus a rental car to south friggen Jersey because I’m dying to see them... yet
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    edited April 2021
    Well, if you live on the East coast, this would be great. Those of us who live in the Midwest or West coast might have some difficulties and a lot more expense. A flight from the St Louis area and lodging in NYC vs a 3 hour drive? Having said that, I would probably find a way to make it.
    Well, if you live on the East coast, this would be great. Those of us who live in the Midwest or West coast might have some difficulties and a lot more expense. A flight from the St Louis area and lodging in NYC vs a 3 hour drive? Having said that, I would probably find a way to make it.
    Wouldn’t Ohana be the more obvious choice then? Or you want to see the first show back?
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    I think it was after Lolla 2007 they said it was just as much work getting ready for that show as it was preparing for a tour (and that was after a month or so after a handful of Euro dates).  So in 2008 they did Bonnaroo with a small run of dates around it. I am really hoping for SHN and Ohana and have been overly optimistic throughout this whole thing, but it would take a lot of work, especially since they haven't played together in so long. Any shows this year would be wonderful, and additional dates would be absolutely amazing.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    Please put the first show back on Nugs and just take my money.
    I think it was after Lolla 2007 they said it was just as much work getting ready for that show as it was preparing for a tour (and that was after a month or so after a handful of Euro dates).  So in 2008 they did Bonnaroo with a small run of dates around it. I am really hoping for SHN and Ohana and have been overly optimistic throughout this whole thing, but it would take a lot of work, especially since they haven't played together in so long. Any shows this year would be wonderful, and additional dates would be absolutely amazing.
    Now I’m excited, this makes sense! Good memory! Pull a pre-show a la The Vic and let’s go. 
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    Now I’m excited, this makes sense! Good memory! Pull a pre-show a la The Vic and let’s go. 
    Theoretically this is where something like the Apollo and maybe those other spring 2020 dates could come in. But being indoors and the amount of travelers like people mentioned could cause alot of headaches where it would be better for them to wait 
    I’m in Toronto and gambling on the border reopening on top of all that.  But I’m not missing this show if it happens.  I’ll apply for a green card if I have to...
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• That sounds like Fall 2021 dates are coming!!!!! with rescheduled shows Spring 2022
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
    Wouldn’t Ohana be the more obvious choice then? Or you want to see the first show back?
    For me, Ohana would make more sense. I am originally from California, so I could stay a bit extra and visit with some family. The thing that will probably keep me from attending either is my wife's work schedule. She is a teacher, so getting time off during the school year is difficult. Also she is in charge of coordinating the homecoming activities at the high school (parade, coronation, football game and dance). Homecoming is around that time of the year, so there is NO way she can do something like that. She spends about a month stressfully getting everything figured out. 
    I’m in Toronto and gambling on the border reopening on top of all that.  But I’m not missing this show if it happens.  I’ll apply for a green card if I have to...
    If the border isn't open, the last time I checked, there isn't a wall. A clandestine night time ride across the Niagara river might be a possibility. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:

Ugh I can’t justify $400 plus a rental car to south friggen Jersey because I’m dying to see them... yet

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.... Asbury Park is NOT part of South Jersey.  We are squarely in Central NJ, we don't root for the Eagles, and we have all our teeth.  ;)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

If the border isn't open, the last time I checked, there isn't a wall. A clandestine night time ride across the Niagara river might be a possibility. 
    Actually it’s open to fly to the US with a negative test, and by then proof of vaccination may be accepted.  The issue is more returning to Canada with its punitive quarantine requirements - which are the subject of a legal challenge at least.  I’m not saying there shouldn’t be precautions or that there isn’t a serious problem, but some of these policies significantly restrict freedom and have little if any benefit.  

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.... Asbury Park is NOT part of South Jersey.  We are squarely in Central NJ, we don't root for the Eagles, and we have all our teeth.  ;)
    Yesss my favorite topic - what constitutes north/south Jersey? What is considered New York? New York metro, New York City, or just Manhattan? Is a show in Jersey New York or Philadelphia? Or just Jersey?? :lol:

In all fairness I googled Asbury Park again and you’re right it is strictly central. :p My bad I saw 1.5 hour drive to coastal NJ and assumed the worst.
    edited April 2021
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:

Yesss my favorite topic - what constitutes north/south Jersey? What is considered New York? New York metro, New York City, or just Manhattan? Is a show in Jersey New York or Philadelphia? Or just Jersey?? :lol:

In all fairness I googled Asbury Park again and you’re right it is strictly central. :p My bad I saw 1.5 hour drive to coastal NJ and assumed the worst.
    The boundaries are definitely a disputed topic, but AP is solidly Central Jersey.  Beyond where a town falls on the map, my guide is that if your local tv networks are out of Philly you’re in South Jersey and if they’re out of New York you are in central or north Jersey.  

=)

Actually it’s open to fly to the US with a negative test, and by then proof of vaccination may be accepted.  The issue is more returning to Canada with its punitive quarantine requirements - which are the subject of a legal challenge at least.  I’m not saying there shouldn’t be precautions or that there isn’t a serious problem, but some of these policies significantly restrict freedom and have little if any benefit.  
    Hopefully as Canada ramps up it's vaccinations (a sore subject at the moment from what I am reading) those will ease.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    edited April 2021
    If you bypass the quarantine and self isolate at home its only an $800 dollar fine.  just saying.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited April 2021
    Hot take:

What if Ohana and SHN are warmup shows? (As much as a professional band that's been around for 30 years shouldn't need them, especially when they'll take a few months off after.)

They'll do maybe 2-3 Gigaton and "Get It Back" there...but then do Australia/NZ with no new songs, similar to how South America 2013 wasn't part of Lightning Bolt. SHN and Ohana could be similar to London and Wrigley 2013.

Then...in April/May 2022, they'll do USA with all the new songs.

Here's an article about getting back to normal. We're well on the way, but we still need vaccines and time.
    https://www.theverge.com/22370176/covid-19-vaccinated-people-cdc-guidance-herd-immunity
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    JABK said:

I have no doubt that they'll add more. I have no inside info, but remember that they could only do one MSG show in early 2020 due to booking/logistic issues. There was the fall 2020 tour in which Pittsburgh was heavily rumored and I don't see them doing Pittsburgh and not Philly or NYC. You may remember that Pittsburgh was supposed to be in the first 2020 tour, but it didn't work out.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Hot take:

What if Ohana and SHN are warmup shows? (As much as a professional band that's been around for 30 years shouldn't need them, especially when they'll take a few months off after.)

They'll do maybe 2-3 Gigaton and "Get It Back" there...but then do Australia/NZ with no new songs, similar to how South America 2013 wasn't part of Lightning Bolt. SHN and Ohana could be similar to London and Wrigley 2013.

Here's an article about getting back to normal. We're well on the way, but we still need vaccines and time.
    https://www.theverge.com/22370176/covid-19-vaccinated-people-cdc-guidance-herd-immunity
    Not sure why no new songs would happen in Australia. It is a bit different considering the album is already out for a year now (almost 2 when potential AUS shows hit) and 2013 the SA shows were 6 months or so before  the album was released. 
    My only worry is that every act that wasn’t able to perform these past two years will also be looking to perform 2022. Plus the normal sports schedule. So scheduling and availability for any new dates may still be an issue, especially if PJ are erring on the side of caution when it comes to early booking.
    PJNB said:
    Hot take:

Not sure why no new songs would happen in Australia. It is a bit different considering the album is already out for a year now (almost 2 when potential AUS shows hit) and 2013 the SA shows were 6 months or so before  the album was released. 

Debut them in the USA?

Riot Act debuted in Australia and Binaural (besides warmup shows) and didn't Avocado get debuted in Europe?
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    edited April 2021
    All you need to do is fly instead of drive.   It's only the land border that's closed.  Plus if the US reopens, we can defacto travel, because Canadian's are permitted to come home.  So if the US lets us in, we're allowed to go back.

In my case the major issue would be if they reschedule the Oakland shows before I'm vaccinated,, but I'm hoping it's a non-issue.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    PJ - ACL Fest looking more and more likely.  (Per several people with credible sources on the ACL rumors forum.  Also, would make sense from a tour logistics prospective with Ohana before)
    vedpunk said:
    PJ - ACL Fest looking more and more likely.  (Per several people with credible sources on the ACL rumors forum.  Also, would make sense from a tour logistics prospective with Ohana before)
    Love love love it!!