Options

Pearl Jam Live at Hyde Park 2010 Streaming on Nugs, YouTube, and Facebook on April 2

124»

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Loujoe said:
    ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed
    Yeah I don’t blame him. I was theorizing their crowding threshold is to pull the plug is rather low, as it should be. 

I was pleasantly surprised to see the crowd actually step backwards when he asked them to. I’ve heard him ask this on a few other boots (Randall’s 95 comes to mind) but I always wonder if the crowd actually complies.
    I didn't know he asked to back up at Randalls. I was there up front, within the first 20ish feet, and felt my ribs folding in unnatural ways. We actually had gotten pulled out of there. No mosh pit just constant pressure. 
    Brutal. Probably better you got pulled out.
    You have no idea what is brutal, unless you see a show in South America..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    ikiT said:
    tino_11 said:
    ikiT said:
    Leeds UK GA had some of that pushing and aggressive behaviour (that's how they spell it)...AMS had none of that.

Ed looked stressed
    Leeds in front of Ed was lively but most people having a good time. London 2 2018 I was in the same spot and it was people just pushing forward  causing a not very enjoyable crush. 
    I think we were right next to each other.  Lively is a word that sorta works.  The push went in every direction...not just forward.
    Yeah, if you are going to a rock show in the UK, Leeds was what I would expect in the pit. I enjoy being part of it. London 2 2018 was just a relentless push forward. People having to be pulled over the rail for their own safety. I started 2 rows back, and was about 12 back by the end to find a spot where I wasn’t just focusing on standing upright!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    23scidoo said:
    Loujoe said:
    ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed
    Yeah I don’t blame him. I was theorizing their crowding threshold is to pull the plug is rather low, as it should be. 

I was pleasantly surprised to see the crowd actually step backwards when he asked them to. I’ve heard him ask this on a few other boots (Randall’s 95 comes to mind) but I always wonder if the crowd actually complies.
    I didn't know he asked to back up at Randalls. I was there up front, within the first 20ish feet, and felt my ribs folding in unnatural ways. We actually had gotten pulled out of there. No mosh pit just constant pressure. 
    That bad?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503
    The craziest one I was ever in was Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour when they opened for Ozzy at the Cow Palace South of San Francisco. It was insane!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    mcgruff10 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Loujoe said:
    ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed

That bad?
    Oh dude, you can't imagine..for me it was fun but not for others i know..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..