Options

Pearl Jam Live at Hyde Park 2010 Streaming on Nugs, YouTube, and Facebook on April 2

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    23scidoo said:
    Some pretty girls on the crowd..nice show but there are so many ''great'' out there PJ..
    Could have done without the flasher during the 1st encore. Didn't think they would show that. They cut away and then went to another camera that proceeded to zoom right back in. I bet that girl didn't expect that video to get another go as a free streaming event 10 years later.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,807
    edited April 2021
    I mostly had it on at work listening. Where should I look to see the crowd on Mikes side getting out of control?  
    Oh I did see the flasher. The milk’s gone bad!
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 399
    igotid88 said:
    Someone on FB called this performance lackluster
    I saw that post too  :o Some people...

Also, yeah, love seeing a Backspacer era concert. I know the album doesn't get much love, but I love the songs live.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Great show! Awesome mix! Glad I decided to watch! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,354
    edited April 2021
    PJ1973 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Someone on FB called this performance lackluster
    I saw that post too  :o Some people...

Also, yeah, love seeing a Backspacer era concert. I know the album doesn't get much love, but I love the songs live.
    Glad you can read and comprehend and didn't take it out on me
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    BS44325 said:
    This show proves Backspacer is a great album. Fuck all the haters.
    Well... the highlights were not the Backspacer tracks. 

Solid show and the band in the groove. Plus 12 years younger than now...
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Some pretty girls on the crowd..nice show but there are so many ''great'' out there PJ..
    Love how first encore break is just a girl flashing. Oh Europe.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,474
    Nothing wrong with a woman thinking the show was the tits.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,498
    23scidoo said:
    Love how first encore break is just a girl flashing. Oh Europe.
    ''Oh Europe''..haha..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Just finished streaming this, brilliant show, almost felt like I was right back there in the crowd (a little less tipsy and sweaty). Have always thought this show as an underrated bootleg, the crowd sounds amazing on every track, maybe my favourite ever versions of Small Town and Nothingman due to the crowd singing. And totally agree with everyone on Ben Harper / Red Mosquito.

I also count 1 single cover song, makes me wish for 2.5hr shows of all PJ songs, as much as I loved the 3hr+ shows in 2018.

Very very excited for the two shows in Hyde Park next year, bring it on!
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with a woman thinking the show was the tits.

Hahaha very fair point!!
  • Options
    I also count 1 single cover song, makes me wish for 2.5hr shows of all PJ songs, as much as I loved the 3hr+ shows in 2018.
    Yeah 2018 encores felt like big special guests and tribute feats. Will take it over nothing but prefer a solid PJ song set. 

Was actually surprised Hyde Park 2010 didn’t end with Baba or Rockin after YL. Maybe because the Queen had to go to bed. :p
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    mcgruff10 said:
    @lastexitlondon how close to the stage were you?  This was so much fun to watch!!!
    Not very. This was a gig i spent drinking  in the  sun with my cousins.  And family.  I was just infront of the sound desk stone side. Long long day

We were just in front of the sound desk, Mike's side! It was a great spot and great view :) A great day all round in fact, a perfect British summer's evening and a fantastic performance by the boys. Definitely one of my highlight shows.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,354
    165k plus views in 3 days.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    mcgruff10 said:
    @lastexitlondon how close to the stage were you?  This was so much fun to watch!!!
    Not very. This was a gig i spent drinking  in the  sun with my cousins.  And family.  I was just infront of the sound desk stone side. Long long day

We were just in front of the sound desk, Mike's side! It was a great spot and great view :) A great day all round in fact, a perfect British summer's evening and a fantastic performance by the boys. Definitely one of my highlight shows.
    Probably the best place to be with that crowd.  That looked fun
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,934
    Some euro crowds have been brutal.  But some.  Like Netherlands and norway always  calm. All fun in their ways
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited April 2021
    Leeds UK GA had some of that pushing and aggressive behaviour (that's how they spell it)...AMS had none of that.

Ed looked stressed
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed
    Yeah I don’t blame him. I was theorizing their crowding threshold is to pull the plug is rather low, as it should be. 

I was pleasantly surprised to see the crowd actually step backwards when he asked them to. I’ve heard him ask this on a few other boots (Randall’s 95 comes to mind) but I always wonder if the crowd actually complies.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,956
    ikiT said:
    Leeds UK GA had some of that pushing and aggressive behaviour (that's how they spell it)...AMS had none of that.

Ed looked stressed
    Leeds in front of Ed was lively but most people having a good time. London 2 2018 I was in the same spot and it was people just pushing forward  causing a not very enjoyable crush. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,861
    ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed
    Yeah I don’t blame him. I was theorizing their crowding threshold is to pull the plug is rather low, as it should be. 

I was pleasantly surprised to see the crowd actually step backwards when he asked them to. I’ve heard him ask this on a few other boots (Randall’s 95 comes to mind) but I always wonder if the crowd actually complies.
    I remember being at that Randall's Island show. Ed was getting really upset with the crowd. He threatened to end the show if they didn't all take a step back. My friends and I decided to sit in the stands instead of being on the field - but I do remember seeing that massive crush near the front of the stage.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    GlowGirl said:
    ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed

I remember being at that Randall's Island show. Ed was getting really upset with the crowd. He threatened to end the show if they didn't all take a step back. My friends and I decided to sit in the stands instead of being on the field - but I do remember seeing that massive crush near the front of the stage.

I was on the rail for that show and can say without a doubt that the crush sucked.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    tino_11 said:
    ikiT said:

Ed looked stressed
    Leeds in front of Ed was lively but most people having a good time. London 2 2018 I was in the same spot and it was people just pushing forward  causing a not very enjoyable crush. 
    I think we were right next to each other.  Lively is a word that sorta works.  The push went in every direction...not just forward.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,783
    ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed

I didn't know he asked to back up at Randalls. I was there up front, within the first 20ish feet, and felt my ribs folding in unnatural ways. We actually had gotten pulled out of there. No mosh pit just constant pressure. 
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed

Yeah and if you look carefully, they all
    push right back up there not 3 seconds later in that shot where Ed counts. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed

Lol i pointed that out to my wife when we were watching
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed

ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed

Damn I missed that. Festivals like this need more sections with empty space buffers and capacity limited spaces. At least there were like 30 security guards lining the middle front.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ikiT said:
    Ed looked stressed

I didn't know he asked to back up at Randalls. I was there up front, within the first 20ish feet, and felt my ribs folding in unnatural ways. We actually had gotten pulled out of there. No mosh pit just constant pressure. 
    Brutal. Probably better you got pulled out.
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    Watching now...very enjoyable! Thank you Pearl Jam / Ten Club for spreading the jam.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    There’s something to be said about these short/compact shows.  So much energy the entire time. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    There’s something to be said about these short/compact shows.  So much energy the entire time. 
    Yep! Thinking the same thing. Bang bang! Pow
    Pow! 💥 
    www.cluthelee.com