Capitol Riots 2

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    wow. wtf?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    She and her fellow seditionists apparently forgot their noose after their weekend rallies in town.

That's my child's elementary school in the background.

Outside it's America.
    WTF?! That s crazy Dan.  
    Minus the noose, it's the rhetoric we deal with every Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday in my town, which pretty much rolls out the red carpet for hate speech and sedition under the aegis of 1A.

Why Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    A noose is something I was taught never to make unless you were going to hang someone.  Never saw it as a race baiting tactic.

Either way it is a knot that I yell at people for making if I see them doing it.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    A noose is something I was taught never to make unless you were going to hang someone.  Never saw it as a race baiting tactic.

Either way it is a knot that I yell at people for making if I see them doing it.
    Really?
    Pretty obvious allusion to the KKK and lynching in the south if you ask me.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387

Nor did I, but considering the history our country has with the lynchings of black people I now understand why it's seen as one. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2021
    OnWis97 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    She and her fellow seditionists apparently forgot their noose after their weekend rallies in town.

That's my child's elementary school in the background.

Outside it's America.
    WTF?! That s crazy Dan.  
    Minus the noose, it's the rhetoric we deal with every Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday in my town, which pretty much rolls out the red carpet for hate speech and sedition under the aegis of 1A.

Why Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday?
    The town made an agreement with the seditionists -- because apparently we DO negotiate with terrorists -- to limit their weekday rallies to one school day during the week. The seditionists rally right there in front of the school while children are in class with windows open because the town also rejected state funding to build a new school a few years back; the district did accept Betsy DeVos's Blue Ribbon Schools award with pride, though. But I digress...!

As you could imagine, enough parents are uncomfortable with their children hearing hate speech every day and having images such as confederate flags and people in blackface and KKK hoods carrying signs with racial slurs on them etched into their developing brains. Some (not many, but just one is too many!) of those children as young as five years old have learned so early that this angry mob hates them simply because of the way they look or what religion their family observes -- in other words, simply because they were born. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Poncier said:

Really?
    Yeah, not sure where you grew up but that was never ever a thing where I've been.  It had to be taught to me of all places, the news.  Same with the confederate flag.  Now I get how that is linked but not a noose.  

You know how many westerns I watched as a kid and not lynching's?
    Poncier said:

Really?
    Yeah, not sure where you grew up but that was never ever a thing where I've been.  It had to be taught to me of all places, the news.  Same with the confederate flag.  Now I get how that is linked but not a noose.  

Well it wasn't a thing where I grew up either, it was just a part of US history that was taught in school.
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Really?

Well it wasn't a thing where I grew up either, it was just a part of US history that was taught in school.
    If that is what I was taught into thinking then everyone hung in a western was a lynching and racially motivated which of course they were not.

I find it weird how people see a noose and think it's racist.  That's ridiculous.
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Really?

If that is what I was taught into thinking then everyone hung in a western was a lynching and racially motivated which of course they were not.

I find it weird how people see a noose and think it's racist.  That's ridiculous.
    I used to think the same way, but exploring other perspectives made me think differently. 
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Really?

I used to think the same way, but exploring other perspectives made me think differently. 
    The image of a swastika I see is a damaged one and the Native Americans and Tribal people will unfortunately never get that back but the mere sight of a noose is a racist image?  No.

Every kid playing with a rope and makes one for the first time thinking it's cool will get labeled a racist.  
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Really?

Just need to add a little inference, folks don't hang nooses from trees to remind people about John Wayne movies.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That particular noose hanging there screams racism to me. So does that image anywhere else (ie, it hanging empty). Typically sends “a message “.

This I learned at a young age, I think from my father. 
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Really?

Just need to add a little inference, folks don't hang nooses from trees to remind people about John Wayne movies.
    Yes, that is fine.  I agree with that to a point.  There have been angry mobs that wanted to hang Pence though and other prominent white people in power so that is why I say it is silly.

hedonist said:
    That particular noose hanging there screams racism to me. So does that image anywhere else (ie, it hanging empty). Typically sends “a message “.

I see a cheap plastic piece of line in a tree, it's not even rope(the difference between rope and line was ingrained in to me by my captain).  It would look like a kid was playing with it.
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    How far off of the ground was the noose knot? Looks like a simple kids tree swing, nobody else did this as a child?

edited March 2021
    FiveBelow said:
    How far off of the ground was the noose knot? Looks like a simple kids tree swing, nobody else did this as a child?

Four feet. Not a foot swing. 

"In an attempt to give perspective to the photo of the rope that was shared on the department's Facebook page, police say the bottom of the loop was approximately 4 feet from the ground."

https://www.facebook.com/swampscottpolice/posts/4051453948277961

That sort of ostracism is rampant, though. People here (not 10 Club, my town) are looking for any excuse other than admitting racism. The goddamn white supremacists were in town a day before the morning it was discovered.

And who the fuck brings a length of rope/twine to a public park to make a foot swing?

A tree in your yard? Yeah. A trip with your friends to the local swimming hole? Sure, I guess, assuming there's not one there already. But I've been on this planet for enough years to know that people don't tie off foot swings in public parks. If it was a foot swing, someone would've told the police as much already.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited March 2021
    dankind said:
    FiveBelow said:

"In an attempt to give perspective to the photo of the rope that was shared on the department's Facebook page, police say the bottom of the loop was approximately 4 feet from the ground."

That's a big difference. Looked like it was only a foot or so off of the ground in the picture.
    Post edited by FiveBelow on
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I kinda trust DK re its intent, especially given the events around his town. To view it any other way is, to me, shortsighted.

No pun intended. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Really?

*I’m genuinely shocked* *this is unbelievable* *it’s crazy that it could be taken any other way* where did these people grow up.  I know I’m younger than some of you ffs, but I learned this shit was wrong in third grade in white ass northern Michigan, in ‘90. 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Really?

Yes, that is fine.  I agree with that to a point.  There have been angry mobs that wanted to hang Pence though and other prominent white people in power so that is why I say it is silly.

hedonist said:

I see a cheap plastic piece of line in a tree, it's not even rope(the difference between rope and line was ingrained in to me by my captain).  It would look like a kid was playing with it.
    Weird that the mob trying to hang pence also supports and wants to uphold white supremacy at all costs including overthrowing democracy.  *im shocked*
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    FiveBelow said:

Made a noose to swing from 😂😂 no I was a kid once and I know for sure we never made swings that looked like a noose!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    FiveBelow said:

Made a noose to swing from 😂😂 no I was a kid once and I know for sure we never made swings that looked like a noose!
    It is basically a foot hold, stirrup like. It was fairly common in my childhood that is why I asked how far off of the ground it was. Given the height it is obvious that was not the case in this instance.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    dankind said:
    FiveBelow said:

That sort of ostracism is rampant, though. People here (not 10 Club, my town) are looking for any excuse other than admitting racism. The goddamn white supremacists were in town a day before the morning it was discovered.

And who the fuck brings a length of rope/twine to a public park to make a foot swing?

A tree in your yard? Yeah. A trip with your friends to the local swimming hole? Sure, I guess, assuming there's not one there already. But I've been on this planet for enough years to know that people don't tie off foot swings in public parks. If it was a foot swing, someone would've told the police as much already.
    10 Club too, apparently.
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:

It is basically a foot hold, stirrup like. It was fairly common in my childhood that is why I asked how far off of the ground it was. Given the height it is obvious that was not the case in this instance.
    Oh, yeah. Had one in my front yard growing up along with a tire swing. 

And we used to jump into swimming holes off them, too. And it always sucked if your foot got stuck on the dismount. That totally threw off what would’ve been an epic jump. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    static111 said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Really?

hedonist said:

Weird that the mob trying to hang pence also supports and wants to uphold white supremacy at all costs including overthrowing democracy.  *im shocked*
    You're not shocked that a group of white supremacist's wanted to hang a supposed white supremacist?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    static111 said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Really?

hedonist said:

You're not shocked that a group of white supremacist's wanted to hang a supposed white supremacist?
    I don't think anyone should be shocked that degenerates are degenerates.
    dignin said:
    static111 said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Really?

hedonist said:

I don't think anyone should be shocked that degenerates are degenerates.
    That is a statement I can get behind.

The whole Back the Blue movement kind of went to shit during this too.
    static111 said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Really?

hedonist said:

Speaking for myself, I was about as shocked at that as I was to see the "Blue Lives Matter" crowd beat & kill Capitol Police Officers, which was not shocked at all.