Top Female Performer You've Seen Live

123457»

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Garbage and No Doubt immediately come to mind, I'm sure I have seen more though. Have to think more.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I saw Alanis on the Jagged Little Pill tour.  That was a helluva show. 

An artist named Hemming opened for an acoustic Chris Cornell show I went too  She was pretty amazing live.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    I saw The Sugarcubes with Bjork fronting them in either 1989 or 90 in the SF Bay Area. She was great. 
  • clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 320
    Easily, Grace Potter.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    I just remembered that I saw L7, and Sleater-Kinney. Both amazing female bands.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Exene (X)
    Patti Smith
    Chrissie Hynde
    Shirley Manson
    Florence Welch
    PJ Harvey
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Exene (X)
    Patti Smith
    Chrissie Hynde
    Shirley Manson
    Florence Welch
    PJ Harvey
    Great list. I forgot about Patti Smith. I saw one of her New Years shows at the Bowery Ballroom. I used to be friends with Lenny Kaye. He lived in my neighborhood. But I have lost touch with him over the years. Nice guy. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2021
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    GlowGirl said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Exene (X)
    Patti Smith
    Chrissie Hynde
    Shirley Manson
    Florence Welch
    PJ Harvey
    Great list. I forgot about Patti Smith. I saw one of her New Years shows at the Bowery Ballroom. I used to be friends with Lenny Kaye. He lived in my neighborhood. But I have lost touch with him over the years. Nice guy. 
    Very cool that you knew him!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    GlowGirl said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Exene (X)
    Patti Smith
    Chrissie Hynde
    Shirley Manson
    Florence Welch
    PJ Harvey
    Check out main street jukebox facebook page. Lenny Kaye must live out there. He's always stopping by that record store to sign stuff. That was my go to record store on rsds past. If you buy anything, they sell so many boots now so be careful if you care.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Pat Benatar.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Exene (X)
    Patti Smith
    Chrissie Hynde
    Shirley Manson
    Florence Welch
    PJ Harvey
    Check out main street jukebox facebook page. Lenny Kaye must live out there. He's always stopping by that record store to sign stuff. That was my go to record store on rsds past. If you buy anything, they sell so many boots now so be careful if you care.
    I checked it out. I wonder if he did move to PA. He was living in the East Village when I knew him. I wish I was still in touch with him. He is really cool. I used to collect glass Coca Cola bottles from around the world. I had told him that I didn't have any from South America. He went on tour there, and brought me back a bottle from Brazil. I still have it. I also remember going to this Irish pub with him a few times (that has since closed down), and drinking Jameson's with him. I used to also be friends with Richard Lloyd (from Television) around the same time. We had a falling out, however, and I haven't talked to him in over 10 years. 

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2021
    Charlene Kaye (as the lead vocalist for San Fermin - she no longer is with that band, unfortunately). She was just the coolest performer. I believe she is now just known as KAYE and is a solo artist. Her solo style isn't my thing, and I'm really sad she left San Fermin.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    saw tina on her 50th anniversary tour in 2008
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    The late great Chrissy Amphlett (Divinyls)
    Joan Jett
    Lita Ford
    PJ Harvey
    Heart
    Kay Hanley (Letters to Cleo)
    Julianna Hatfield

This weekend we rock Portland
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    edited April 2021
    clayton12 said:
    Easily, Grace Potter.

Grace is a good show.

Alannah Myles opened for Robert Plant. As I recall she was pretty good but my memory is real fuzzy......

also saw Liz Phair a couple years ago open for Billy Corgan on his songbook tour
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    mickeyrat said:
    clayton12 said:
    Easily, Grace Potter.

Alannah Myles opened for Robert Plant. As I recall she was pretty good but my memory is real fuzzy......

I saw that tour, in fact (related to another of your favorite threads) the night of that show was my last night of drinking.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    clayton12 said:
    Easily, Grace Potter.

I saw that tour, in fact (related to another of your favorite threads) the night of that show was my last night of drinking.

fuck. tripping, way too much beer and booze.

saw them at blossom amphitheater near akron. after show made it back to columbus well before last call......

got a ticket that night too for open container drinking in the parking lot. never did pay it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14