Capitol Riots 2

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Poncier said:
    Who thinks that's a good look, regardless of its historical connection?
    I mean are there women who look at that photo and think. "I need to have me some of that"?

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sexual chocolate, baby (credit Staley/Kinney).

I don’t care how attractive the rest of the man is, he sports a ‘stache like that and boom, out you go. 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited March 2021
    Poncier said:
    I mean are there women who look at that photo and think. "I need to have me some of that"?
    The sad reality is that you have to assume the answer is yes.
    There are fucking psychotic people who write love letters to serial killers in prison.
    You know there are women who swoon when they see a Hitler Stache.

S'a fucked up world we live in.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Poncier said:

Ha.
    I'm adding the bad Hitler haircut into the look along with the 'stache, at least MJ didn't (likely couldn't) go for the greasy side part that keeps flopping down into your eyes.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Two men arrested for assaulting Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/15/politics/brian-sicknick-capitol-riot-charges/index.html
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Two men arrested for assaulting Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/15/politics/brian-sicknick-capitol-riot-charges/index.html
    They expect to have 400 arrests.  Imagine you were there and thinking you got away with it.  Nope.  They'll get you eventually!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,417

Texas Three Percenters member charged in Jan. 6 riot set up security company to circumvent gun laws, obtain high-grade weapons, U.S. alleges

March 16, 2021 at 3:55 p.m. EDT

A man charged in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot has been jailed pending trial after allegedly recruiting members to the Texas Three Percenters by telling them he had created a new security business to circumvent gun laws and obtain high-grade weapons and ammunition available to law enforcement.

Guy Reffitt, 48, of Wylie, Tex., pleaded not guilty Tuesday to three charges of obstructing an official proceeding, trespassing and witness tampering after prosecutors say he was hit by police rubber bullets and chemical spray while allegedly rushing the U.S. Capitol in Washington. Prosecutors also say he threatened his teenage children not to turn him in after he returned from Washington.

U.S. District Judge Dabney L. Friedrich of the District of Columbia set the next hearing for April 19.

On Monday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui said it was not Reffitt’s statements to his family that prompted his detention order but the government’s allegations that he appeared with body armor, a helmet, firearm and plastic flex-cuffs on Capitol grounds. The judge said it appeared Reffitt planned for violence before and after the event in encrypted communications with other members of the right-wing anti-government group, for which he said he conducts vetting and intelligence.

“I have a new security business to circumvent the 2nd Amendment issue,” Reffitt said via encrypted chat Jan. 9 to two recruits he met at the Capitol, prosecutors said in court papers and a teleconference hearing.

He named his company TPP Security Services in the chat, prosecutors said.

“We can get ammo and weapons available to law enforcement. . . . The fight has only just begun,” Reffitt allegedly wrote, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey S. Nestler.

Reffitt allegedly directed other members to destroy evidence and be ready for future violence, and kept an unregistered silencer in a safe, the prosecutor said. He wrote Jan. 13: “This has only just begun and will not end until we The People of The Republic have won our country back. We had thousands of weapons and fired no rounds yet showed numbers. The next time we will not be so cordial.”

Defense attorney William Welch urged Reffitt be released under strict conditions to his family. Reffitt’s wife, 16-year-old daughter and her boyfriend testified rivetingly on his behalf. They said that while Reffitt warned them and his 18-year-old son that “Traitors get shot” and that he would “put a bullet through” his daughter’s phone, they never felt personally threatened because they knew he was being dramatic and is not violent.

“Sometimes words can have disastrous consequences, but sometimes words are just words. And sometimes they are inappropriate, they are offensive, they are across the line, but it still does not mean that they are an actual threat,” Welch argued, adding, “No firearms were ever used.”

Reffitt has been held in custody since Jan. 19 and was hospitalized in intensive care for three days because he was not given prescribed medication, Welch noted.

“Guy’s family, whom the government claims to be protecting, could not even find out anything about where he was or whether he was okay,” Welch argued in a court filing. “Not only do they still care, but they still love Guy.”

Faruqui praised the family’s testimony and acknowledged the burden of Reffitt’s jailing. But Faruqui said Reffitt’s preparations for a fight, travel to Washington with an AR-15 rifle and handgun, and discussion of plans to march “with heat” to disrupt lawmakers who remain under National Guard protection indicated that the danger posed to the community remains.

“I admire your daughter’s wisdom, that people can have different political views, and we still have to deal with each other as family, and frankly, we are an American family. And my heart is broken. I see your family suffering, I see American families suffering,” Faruqui said.

“But the law dictates I have to decide the facts and follow the law here. . . . Even after the horror and tragedy of Jan. 6, he still recruited people and tried to get them to join his militia and join its stated mission” of overturning the government by force, Faruqui said.

He ended by saying, “Here is someone who came armed and ready for battle, and for those reasons I conclude there is evidence that he would yet do that again, pose a danger to the community.”

Updated March 10, 2021

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    So far we've got Proud Boys, Oath Keepers and Texas 3%.  What other groups are out there?  Q of course.  I want to look into more of these as the Q article I posted that brings to light some groups aren't any of these.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    He sounds like a gem.
    Next town over from me.  SMH
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    I’m old enough to remember when conservatives pretended blue lives mattered. 

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited March 2021
    I’m old enough to remember when conservatives pretended blue lives mattered. 

A list of who's who on the wacky side of the GOP. Missing a few others though.

A dozen House Republicans voted against a resolution to award three Congressional Gold Medals to the Capitol Police, the D.C. police and the Smithsonian Institution in recognition of those who protected the U.S. Capitol when it was attacked by a pro-Trump mob on Jan. 6.

The GOP lawmakers, who said they objected to the use of the term “insurrectionists” in the resolution, are: Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Thomas Massie (Ky.), Andy Harris (Md.), Lance Gooden (Tex.), Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Louie Gohmert (Tex.), Michael Cloud (Tex.), Andrew S. Clyde (Ga.), Greg Steube (Fla.), Bob Good (Va.) and John Rose (Tenn.).

“We had to combine it with these editorial comments about the January 6 sequence of events, and then we had to logroll it with this exhibit at the Smithsonian, and … that was a little much for me,” Gaetz said after the vote.

Massie also objected to the use of the word “temple,” saying it was “a little too sacrilegious for me.”

The resolution states: “On January 6, 2021, a mob of insurrectionists forced its way into the U.S. Capitol building and congressional office buildings and engaged in acts of vandalism, looting, and violently attacked Capitol Police officers.”

It also says: “The desecration of the U.S. Capitol, which is the temple of our American Democracy, and the violence targeting Congress are horrors that will forever stain our Nation’s history.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/17/dozen-republicans-voted-against-congressional-gold-medals-police-who-protected-them-jan-6/

It's a hopeless situation...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    And stood by watching people using the very flag  he so proudly defends in all other parts of the world to beat cops with! Yeah I’m done believing in American patriots ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1373448030590996485?s=21
    Weird swat teams using all kinds of weaponry to disperse crowds yet on 1/6 treated the swarms of idiots with kid globes ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,417

·
    MARCH 22, 2021, 1:18 PM

Detention ordered for suspect in chemical spraying of U.S. Capitol officers

Sarah N. Lynch

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A judge in West Virginia ordered U.S. Capitol riots suspect George Pierre Tanios detained on charges he conspired with a friend to assault three police officers with chemical spray, including one officer who later died.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Michael John Aloi lamented a “culture, radicalized by hate” that played out at the Capitol on Jan. 6 during a peaceful transition of power.

“We all witnessed it as Americans: Forcing yourself against law enforcement officials that had nothing but bike racks,” Aloi said. “Why wouldn’t you just turn the other way and go home? The fact that all of them weren’t thinking that - it’s just frightening to me.”

Hundreds have been charged with taking part in an attack that led to five deaths after a mob of then-President Donald Trump's supporters stormed the building here in a failed bid to stop Congress from certifying President Joe Biden's election victory.

In an emotional court hearing that featured testimony from Tanios’ family, prosecutors presented evidence that Tanios had purchased the bear and pepper sprays which he later brought with him to the Capitol. One of the sprays was used by his friend to spray police, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors also said they had reason to believe that Tanios’ mother would try to help her son flee the country to her native Lebanon if he is released from custody. The mother denied the claim in court.

FILE PHOTO: George Pierre Tanios poses for a booking photograph released by the West Virginia Regional Jail & Correctional Facility Authority March 14, 2021. WVRJA/Handout via REUTERS.

Tanios of Morgantown, West Virginia, and a friend, Julian Elie Khater, of State College, Pennsylvania, are facing multiple criminal counts, including assaulting police with a deadly weapon and obstructing an official proceeding.

Khater and Tanios are not charged with killing the officer, Brian Sicknick. His cause of death remains unclear.

Prosecutor Sarah Wagner told the judge that Tanios’ co-defendant admitted to the FBI in an interview that he had traveled with his friend to attend Trump’s “Stop the Steal” rally on Jan. 6 and shared a hotel room.

Both Khater and the manager of a store in West Virginia that sells guns and other weapons confirmed that Tanios had purchased cans of both bear spray and pepper spray to bring to Washington after he was told he could not bring firearms or a pepper ball gun into the city, Wagner told the court.

Although she said the evidence suggests Khater, 32, and not Tanios, did the actual spraying, he assisted with the “purchasing” and the “planning” of the sprays.

She also showed body camera and open source videos, including one featuring Sicknick shortly after he had been sprayed with a chemical irritant.

In the video, which Wagner also described for the court, he “appears to be attempting to walk off the effects of the pepper spray, rinsing his eyes with more water and pausing at times, while crouched over with his hands on his knees.”

Tanios’ mother, Maguy Tanios, told the court in tears that she had escaped war-torn Lebanon to start a new life after several of her family members were killed.

Slideshow (2 Images)

She said her son, who is 39, goes to church and is a family man who has three small children. “My son is not a bad kid,” she said, and explained his role at the U.S. Capitol as him being “in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

Tanios’ attorney Elizabeth Gross said the evidence presented against him in favor of detention was “minimal” and “limited.”

The Justice Department has charged more than 400 people in the Capitol attack, a prosecutor told "60 Minutes" here in an interview that aired on Sunday. Hundreds are accused of trespassing and more than 100 accused of assaulting officers.

About two dozen members of far-right militias are facing conspiracy charges that carry particularly severe sentences.

Prosecutors are preparing to start plea discussions as early as this week, the Washington Post reported on Monday.

Reporting by Sarah N. Lynch; Additional reporting by Jan Wolfe; editing by Scott Malone and Grant McCool

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I will read that shortly. Just had to say that McCool is a badass surname. 
    The 60 minutes special this weekend was really good and touched on this.  They are looking to lock up a bunch of people for a very long time.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    They still haven't arrested this deplorable twat who terrorizes my town with her hate speech every week. And she filmed herself there and posted it all over her socials and website. I should send the local FBI field office an email every day asking when they are going to arrest her.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited March 2021
    dankind said:
    They still haven't arrested this deplorable twat who terrorizes my town with her hate speech every week. And she filmed herself there and posted it all over her socials and website. I should send the local FBI field office an email every day asking when they are going to arrest her.
    Is this the biddy you're referring to? 

x

She's been all over Eastern MA over the last year or so. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
    edited March 2021
    dankind said:

Yes, didn't want to give her any extra attention/clicks by naming her, but, yes.

She removed all the incriminating photos and videos, but we took screenshots of everything for the FBI immediately and sent it their way.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

x

Yes, didn't want to give her any extra attention/clicks by naming her, but, yes.

She removed all the incriminating photos and videos, but we took screenshots of everything for the FBI immediately and sent it their way.
    Good call, link deleted. 

And yeah, f her. 
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

No shit?  Detective Dan?
    edited March 2021
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

No shit?  Detective Dan?
    Thought he had reached the rank of Lieutenant.

Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

No shit?  Detective Dan?
    Thought he had reached the rank of Lieutenant.

Lt Dan 5 Things You Didnt Know from Forrest Gump
     =) 
    edited March 2021
    She and her fellow seditionists apparently forgot their noose after their weekend rallies in town.

That's my child's elementary school in the background.

Outside it's America.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Jesus. That’s disgusting. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    dankind said:
    She and her fellow seditionists apparently forgot their noose after their weekend rallies in town.

Outside it's America.
    WTF?! That s crazy Dan.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

Outside it's America.
    WTF?! That s crazy Dan.  
    Minus the noose, it's the rhetoric we deal with every Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday in my town, which pretty much rolls out the red carpet for hate speech and sedition under the aegis of 1A.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Outside it's America.
    Heard about this on WBZ in the car yesterday on the ride home and instantly equated it with your post about this woman.