Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

Comments

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Honestly I'm freaking some days thinking about it. Thank you for your kind words. If I didn't need it for my work I'd probably bail on the whole thing.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited March 2021
    I'm not looking forward to my next one on Monday, but grateful they have moved the appointment forward. 
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    @bootleger10 it is transmissable

Blimey @ConnorKavanagh you must be one of those rare cases who have an allergic reaction. Sorry to hear that, thank god you are ok now. Do you have to go back for a 2and vaccine? 
    I understand kids can catch it.  But the vast, vast majority have no issues so getting a vaccine for them seems like a low priority unless they have preexisting conditions.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    @bootleger10 it is transmissable

Blimey @ConnorKavanagh you must be one of those rare cases who have an allergic reaction. Sorry to hear that, thank god you are ok now. Do you have to go back for a 2and vaccine? 
    I understand kids can catch it.  But the vast, vast majority have no issues so getting a vaccine for them seems like a low priority unless they have preexisting conditions.
    I don’t want to speak for WCDG, but I think she meant that unvaccinated people, including kids, can be a reservoir of infection which can be transmitted to other, more vulnerable people. 

The higher percentage of vaccinated people we can get, this higher the likelihood that this becomes manageable for everybody. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I had my first dose of Astra Zeneca last month. I had a very bad experience. As the needle was taken out of my arm I fainted and began to convulse briefly (according to what the nurse told me). I was given oxygen, for the first time in my life, had a blood pressure thing placed on my arm, and the heart monitor thing on my finger. It was a fucked up experience. I was put into a wheelchair and not allowed to leave the hospital for a couple of hours. They completed an ECG, my heart rate was very low. Anyway, once I finally got home I had a rough few days recovering.
    Damn. Anyone would be frightened by those reactions! I hope the second round goes much smoother for you. 
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769

The higher percentage of vaccinated people we can get, this higher the likelihood that this becomes manageable for everybody. 
    The emergency use approved vaccines in the US do not prevent infection; they reduce the possibility of severe illness; you can still get the virus; you can still spread the virus; hopefully with limited symptoms.  It's a huge step in the process but people still need to abide with masking up and avoiding large gatherings. Be safe please.  Protect yourself and those around you.  

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    edited March 2021
    Ffs conor thats a horrible experience  thankfully  they had precaution for this. 
    I'm scared so much lately of everything . The fear is getting  worse not less. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • @oftenreading That is exactly what I meant, thank you.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    brianlux said:
    Brian remember  you will have next to zero immunity for 14 days.  Take care im so pleased  you both got it.

Yes, good reminder, Rob.  I will continue to be very cautious until I get the second vaccine and very cautious for 24 days after that one, and then continue to be at least moderately cautious indefinitely. 

CROJAM95 said:
    trying to get mine asap in NY, Im 40 and not a healthcare worker

Really want it asap, Planning my 1st trip to Hawaii late in May

Fingers crossed

I hope you are able to, CROJAM.  Hawaii!  Oh yeah!

JOEJOEJOE said:
    I am scheduled to go to Maui in late June if the coast is clear.....hoping to get my jabs by the middle of April in Los Angeles.

You too JOEJOEJOE! 
    Two members here going to Hawaii!  Awesome! 
    Thanks for the positive vibes!
    Get the second Pfizer shot on Tuesday.  Will be nice to get it wrapped up and off the to do list.   If Europe opens up I will be there this summer with or without Pearl Jam. 
  • Great stuff @Bootlegger10 my 2nd one is today.
    Great stuff @Bootlegger10 my 2nd one is today.
    Awesome!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I was finally able to preregister for mine in Massachusetts last week. What a shit state. Sure would be nice to live wherever you folks who've gotten at least one jab live.

Also, I may have lied on the form because it was difficult to understand what exact co-morbidities they're looking for. The Massachusetts form has its own list that then links to the CDC for further explanation/definition. CDC has stroke in its heart condition list; Massachusetts does not ("heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies"). CDC also includes former smokers in its smoking definition; Massachusetts does not ("smoking").

So hopefully, I don't get charged with anything for the commonwealth's shitty communications when I finally get my turn at vaccination whenever and wherever that may be. It would suck to have to drive three hours away, but if that's where a spot opens up first, I guess that's where I have to go. Must be awesome for folks without transportation.

Anyway, fuck Massachusetts!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    For those who have received or will receive it, did you know beforehand which vaccine was being administered?
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    hedonist said:
    For those who have received or will receive it, did you know beforehand which vaccine was being administered?
    I did not know which vaccine was being administered until I got there. 
    I didn't  know  until I got it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I also found out when I got there, I was hoping for Pfizer and that's what I got! Another 21 days now. I'm pleased I didnt get stabbed this time. Side effects less painful this time round too :)
    hedonist said:
    I found out when I got there.  You probably could ask ahead of time.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    That's great news that some some of ya have been able to get the Vaccine in your States. 
    Thanks for the replies. Sounds like you just get what you’re given. 

cutz, I hope soon for you too. I’m not yet even “official” yet anyway!
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    hedonist said:
    I knew it was the moderna a week prior to my appointment 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    hedonist said:
    Thanks for the replies. Sounds like you just get what you’re given. 

cutz, I hope soon for you too. I’m not yet even “official” yet anyway!
    Thanks, but I'd like to get my Mom Vaccinated first. (I'm not "official" either.) She's 82.  I had a Doctor's appointment today and he was surprised when I told him that she hasn't been able to get the vaccine yet. He's in the same Network that's administrating the Vaccine shots.  If I can't get her an appointment before they open it up to those 18-64 my Mom said she'll probably wait it out for the masses to get theirs. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    hedonist said:
    I did not know which vaccine was being administered until I got there. 
    I was told Moderna when they called me.
    My partner and her parents knew well in advance that they were getting Pfizer. 
    So basically it’s Pfizer or Moderna with two doses, or J&J with only one.

Hopefully accessibility and availability issues here (and all over) will be resolved sooner rather than later. I know I can go to a few local pharmacies when my time comes. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Got my first shot of Moderna last Thursday without any issues. Now, I wait a few weeks for round 2. Be well, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    edited March 2021
    hedonist said:

I did when signing up for the appointment.

Super impressed with how this hospital system is doing it, at least at this one location of about 10 for the hospital system throughout central ohio. was there approx 30 min total. 15 of whichvwas post shot to watch for side effects.

I was given Pfizer.

The info packet they hand out included a page for a cdc app to track side effects etc. You input info and they periodically call. my first impression of it was these companies got emergency use approval. this seems a way to complete fuller studies of all of them.

Ohio is now at 50 and up with additional for those with conditions or jobs that should get it.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Got my 2nd shot at 5pm yesterday.  Temp up about three degrees today and headache.  Not too bad.  Hoping tomorrow to wake up fresh.
    Got my 2nd shot at 5pm yesterday.  Temp up about three degrees today and headache.  Not too bad.  Hoping tomorrow to wake up fresh.
    Well done and well rode out. 
    Now its all done.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Parents are scheduled, MIL got it, wife got it, I'm scheduled for the beginning of April. Cannot. Fucking. Wait.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    edited March 2021
    I got both of my Pfizer shots with the 2nd one being 2 weeks ago today. One day after the 2nd shot I was really tired and had a little pain in my arm but no fever or anything. After that day everything has been fine. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2