Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

Comments

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    I just got my second dose early today. My arm is sore. That's it. First shot I felt the same with a little fatigue.

My mom had her first shot last week. She experienced nothing, not even a sore arm. 

We both have the Pfizer.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited March 2021
    Pennsylvania has done a terrible job of getting vaccines out. The largest counties outside of Philly have gotten less per 1000 residents than smaller counties in the middle of the state. ....jump the line and get it before those who are listed as higher priority,  at the rate this is going in my county I’ll get it around July 
    Post edited by Kat on
  • The Pfizer injection was stabbed into my arm, it really hurt. I'm gonna ask them not to do that next time. I had a really bad headache and muscle pain for about 48 hours. We have been issued with Lateral Flow tests to monitor whether we are Covid free if we need to visit an NHS building. I'm still wearing a mask and my next vaccine is in April. I'm pleased my parents have had the vaccine and they are all booked in for the next one too. We are just waiting for the over 40's to 50 cohort to get their letter.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,710
    edited March 2021
    The Pfizer injection was stabbed into my arm, it really hurt. I'm gonna ask them not to do that next time. I had a really bad headache and muscle pain for about 48 hours. We have been issued with Lateral Flow tests to monitor whether we are Covid free if we need to visit an NHS building. I'm still wearing a mask and my next vaccine is in April. I'm pleased my parents have had the vaccine and they are all booked in for the next one too. We are just waiting for the over 40's to 50 cohort to get their letter.
    Good to hear you  had it.remember  no immunity  for at least 21 days.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I'm prob not going to be eligible until at least May-June.  My folks got their first and their second is soon which I'm very happy about.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited March 2021
    pjhawks said:
    Pennsylvania has done a terrible job of getting vaccines out. The largest counties outside of Philly have gotten less per 1000 residents than smaller counties in the middle of the state. ... jump the line and get it before those who are listed as higher priority,  at the rate this is going in my county I’ll get it around July 
    I'm sure there is line jumping in every State. Why does that happen? 

My mom is well over 65 and hasn't got one shot yet. 
    Post edited by Kat on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited March 2021
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pennsylvania has done a terrible job of getting vaccines out. The largest counties outside of Philly have gotten less per 1000 residents than smaller counties in the middle of the state. ... jump the line and get it before those who are listed as higher priority,  at the rate this is going in my county I’ll get it around July 
    I'm sure there is line jumping in every State. Why does that happen? 

My mom is well over 65 and hasn't got one shot yet. 
    Because many people are selfish. It’s sad.  Let the elderly, sick, hospital and school workers get it first. It will be interesting to see how it moves forward in PA. If I get it by July 4th I can deal with that timeline
    Post edited by Kat on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    C. and I got our first Moderna COVID vaccination yesterday.  I'm really tired today but I'm also in the midst of one of my stretches of insomnia so overall I feel "normal" (as in a bit shitty :lol: ) but C's arm is really sore this morning.  I hope she does OK when we get shot #2 in about a month.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Brian remember  you will have next to zero immunity for 14 days.  Take care im so pleased  you both got it.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    trying to get mine asap in NY, Im 40 and not a healthcare worker

Really want it asap, Planning my 1st trip to Hawaii late in May

Fingers crossed
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    edited March 2021
    pjhawks said:
    Pennsylvania has done a terrible job of getting vaccines out. The largest counties outside of Philly have gotten less per 1000 residents than smaller counties in the middle of the state. ....jump the line and get it before those who are listed as higher priority,  at the rate this is going in my county I’ll get it around July 
    Trying to schedule an appointment for a vaccine is extremely challenging in Ohio as well. It's like trying to buy Pearl Jam tickets. 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I am scheduled to go to Maui in late June if the coast is clear.....hoping to get my jabs by the middle of April in Los Angeles.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Brian remember  you will have next to zero immunity for 14 days.  Take care im so pleased  you both got it.

Yes, good reminder, Rob.  I will continue to be very cautious until I get the second vaccine and very cautious for 24 days after that one, and then continue to be at least moderately cautious indefinitely. 

CROJAM95 said:
    trying to get mine asap in NY, Im 40 and not a healthcare worker

Really want it asap, Planning my 1st trip to Hawaii late in May

Fingers crossed

I hope you are able to, CROJAM.  Hawaii!  Oh yeah!

JOEJOEJOE said:
    I am scheduled to go to Maui in late June if the coast is clear.....hoping to get my jabs by the middle of April in Los Angeles.

You too JOEJOEJOE! 
    Two members here going to Hawaii!  Awesome! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I'm on day 20 after first dose of AZ .
    So now my immunity  should be going up to some extent  but I still feel so vulnerable  but thats me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    ^You're not alone in feeling vulnerable. 
    We are all dealing with this in our own special ways. Take care and nice that you remind others to do the same.
    Thats very kind 
     Thank you i do worry. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    No.  And I do not lose any sleep over whether I get the vaccine or not....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Got us a rebel here!

I figure that like much else, people will do what they feel is best for them. Maybe best for others too...?

Losing sleep over it? Got plenty of reasons for that, but zero worries about whether the vaccine will be available to me relatively soon. I can wait; for a myriad of reasons, it’s worth it, to me. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Got Moderna first shot yesterday 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    hedonist said:
    Got us a rebel here!

I figure that like much else, people will do what they feel is best for them. Maybe best for others too...?

Losing sleep over it? Got plenty of reasons for that, but zero worries about whether the vaccine will be available to me relatively soon. I can wait; for a myriad of reasons, it’s worth it, to me. 
    In Canada they are stretching the length of time between doses from 21 days to 4 months, despite doctors and immunologist concerns that there is no data that supports this decision...and Pfizer does not recommend waiting 4 months...

and the doses are being stretched because our incompetent government screwed up the acquisition of vaccines that they are just trying to save face...we are also 50th or so in the world in vaccines administered...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    I'm on day 20 after first dose of AZ .
    So now my immunity  should be going up to some extent  but I still feel so vulnerable  but thats me.

Understandable to still feel vulnerable , I think mentally this has done a number on all of us for a while. That said very glad you got the vaccine and are 20 days in , at least on the science end you are much more protected , In time the vulnerable piece hopefully will come around.

Thanks  matt
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    I received the 1st Moderna shot this morning!
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited March 2021
    I feel your pain @Meltdown99 However, it's kind of the opposite for me. We were told a 4 week interval between jabs was most effective, then they changed it to a 3 month interval.... now my 2nd jab has been brought forward by 1 month and I'm getting that next week I hope they will be gentle.  I think because I'm part of the NHS I'm one of the lucky ones, although Professor Whitty has warned there'll be another wave just after reopening the UK which we are at the beginning of right now. 

Sorry you feel vulnerable Rob @lastexitlondon
    Thank you first reminding everyone about immunity for the first 21 days.  I received a letter and badge from the CEO of our NHS trust saying thank you for being a covid-19 hero going above and beyond. That was nice, I really thought they sent that to everyone! You are a covid hero too Rob x
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,425
    appointment scheduled for next Tuesday.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Got the first dose of Pfizer almost three weeks ago.  Need to schedule the second one.  Hopefully get notified soon.   Got the vaccine in case of travel restrictions.  I can understand people who are indifferent to the vaccine.   

I am not a parent but can understand wondering why have my child get a vaccine for something that is highly unlikely to create any issues if they catch it.
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I had my first dose of Astra Zeneca last month. I had a very bad experience. As the needle was taken out of my arm I fainted and began to convulse briefly (according to what the nurse told me). I was given oxygen, for the first time in my life, had a blood pressure thing placed on my arm, and the heart monitor thing on my finger. It was a fucked up experience. I was put into a wheelchair and not allowed to leave the hospital for a couple of hours. They completed an ECG, my heart rate was very low. Anyway, once I finally got home I had a rough few days recovering.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • @bootleger10 it is transmissable

Blimey @ConnorKavanagh you must be one of those rare cases who have an allergic reaction. Sorry to hear that, thank god you are ok now. Do you have to go back for a 2and vaccine? 
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Yes. I'll be going back for the 2nd vaccine. I will further illuminate what happened to me: I have food allergies (peanuts and shellfish). Before attending the vaccine clinic, everyone I came into contact with said "make sure you tell them about your allergies and make them aware of your epipen." I also have severe anxiety at the best of times. So I believe that it was in fact my own psych-out that caused my loss of consciousness.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Well in that case hopefully it wont be so bad next time. I feel for you.