Options

Weird questions in the middle of the night: Part II

2»

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Plenty of turkeys out here in NY.  Staten Island is full of them!
    Yeah, we're talking about the birds, though. :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    Brian, I hope you find answers to your questions in the middle of the night. 
    I often come up with great ideas and solutions to my problems in the middle of the night, but I can't remember a damn thing in the morning.
    My question is why is chocolate cake called devil's food cake, and does anyone actually know what the devil eats?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I often come up with great ideas and solutions to my problems in the middle of the night, but I can't remember a damn thing in the morning.
    My question is why is chocolate cake called devil's food cake, and does anyone actually know what the devil eats?
    Lost souls.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    dankind said:
    Lost souls.
     =) 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Ahhhh, so not "jive Turkeys"?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    dankind said:
    Ahhhh, so not "jive Turkeys"?
    I thought that those had gone extinct.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683

You got me curious...
    Hmmmm..."Devil’s Food Cake is a heavenly chocolate cake."  So there are devil's in hell?  Interesting!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

You got me curious...
    Hmmmm..."Devil’s Food Cake is a heavenly chocolate cake."  So there are devil's in hell?  Interesting!

All of God's beautiful creations have Devils names...  Devils Punch Bowl, Devils Tower, Devils Post Pile, Devils Playground, Devils hill and my personal favorite was a couch jump back in Masapequa, NY called Satan's Asshole.

So yes there is Devil in heaven.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

You got me curious...

All of God's beautiful creations have Devils names...  Devils Punch Bowl, Devils Tower, Devils Post Pile, Devils Playground, Devils hill and my personal favorite was a couch jump back in Masapequa, NY called Satan's Asshole.

Awrigggght!  :plus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,184
    brianlux said:

You got me curious...

25 years ago I would have hopped on my Haro and pedaled straight for Satan’s Asshole. Current me would just sit on it.
  • Options
    I would have to be crazy to expect anyone to have an answer to either of these questions, but I'm here to tell you, they are vexing!

Question one:  Why do I always sneeze right when I'm trying to do something that requires concentration and dexterity?  (Like signing my name to a card, threading a needle, tightening a small screw- that kind of thing.)

Question two:  Why does the stapler always run out of staples right when I need one?  I mean, does it run out when she is using it? Noooooooo!  It runs out when I'm using it.  WTF?

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,472
    If you were offered 1% ownership of PJ in 2002, how much money would they owe you by 2022?
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,762
    brianlux said:
    I would have to be crazy to expect anyone to have an answer to either of these questions, but I'm here to tell you, they are vexing!

Question one:  Why do I always sneeze right when I'm trying to do something that requires concentration and dexterity?  (Like signing my name to a card, threading a needle, tightening a small screw- that kind of thing.)

Question two:  Why does the stapler always run out of staples right when I need one?  I mean, does it run out when she is using it? Noooooooo!  It runs out when I'm using it.  WTF?

Answer
    1. Adjust your signature to a symbol. Stay away from mending things )holes in stuff/missing buttons is hip now. The screw thing is more complicated. Maybe just force a sneeze beforehand. Breath deeply.
    Solution to 2
    Get your own stapler, keep it full and well hidden.
    Good luck my friend.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,492
    brianlux said:

The people who run the stapler low on staples without refilling it seem to be the same people who will use all but the last square of TP and not replace the roll. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    See the source image
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image

:lol:  I love that movie!

• Options
    brianlux said:

The people who run the stapler low on staples without refilling it seem to be the same people who will use all but the last square of TP and not replace the roll. 

That's it!  Scoundrels! 

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's it!  Scoundrels! 

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:

Answer
    1. Adjust your signature to a symbol. Stay away from mending things )holes in stuff/missing buttons is hip now. The screw thing is more complicated. Maybe just force a sneeze beforehand. Breath deeply.
    Solution to 2
    Get your own stapler, keep it full and well hidden.
    Good luck my friend.

"Stay away from mending things"

Look at me, I'm in tatters.  I'm shattered!

• Options
    tish said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's it!  Scoundrels! 

:lol:
    tish said:
    If you were offered 1% ownership of PJ in 2002, how much money would they owe you by 2022?
    Calculator GIFs  Tenor

• Options
    tish said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's it!  Scoundrels! 

https://youtu.be/MXW2jfdtsaQ
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    tish said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's it!  Scoundrels! 

Mmm.... that guy looks like breakfast.
  • Options
    tish said:
    dankind said:
    tish said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's it!  Scoundrels! 

Use protection!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    dankind said:
    tish said:
    dankind said:
    tish said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's it!  Scoundrels! 

Use protection!
    Double "mask".
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    tish said:
    dankind said:
    tish said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's it!  Scoundrels! 

Use protection!
    Double "mask".

You'd think with a bold name like "Trojan" that wouldn't be necessary.

• Options
    dankind said:
    tish said:
    dankind said:
    tish said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's it!  Scoundrels! 

Use protection!

• Options
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    tish said:
    dankind said:
    tish said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's it!  Scoundrels! 

Use protection!
    Double "mask".

• Options
    It's 2 AM in the morning.  Where is everyone?  Or more pertinent, why am I still awake?
    Procrastination stock cliparts Royalty Free fatigue cartoon images   download on Depositphotos

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I wonder if there’s a 2am in the afternoon...  :pensive:
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    I wonder if there’s a 2am in the afternoon...  :pensive:
    Blushing Man GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    :rofl: