Tom Petty - Wildflowers - All The Rest

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    some of you Tom Petty fans might want to take a listen to Strippers Union's The Undertaking. It came out today. You can stream 9 tracks, but the only way to hear all 18 is to buy the limited vinyl (signed certificate from the band). 

It's not really my thing, but I noticed a definite Petty feel to the album. I could be wrong. Don't listen to Petty much. But that popped into my head. Maybe it's the vocals. I don't know. But check it out. 

https://thehip.com/pages/strippersunion
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mfc2006 said:
    Seems to be the plan. I was so close to buying the super-deluxe. I wonder if they'll do a separate release for the live tracks?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I bought the 7lp box. The live tracks are awesome. After buying it, I regretted not getting the 9lp, so this was a no brainer for me.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I also bought the 7lp box.  Just when I thought I was out they suck me back in :)
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Buying Hi-Res digital files for this release has been frustrating. The only way to get all 5 discs in Hi-Res was to buy the $150 5CD set from tompetty.com and then download the files with the link they sent. I first bought the HDtracks 4CD Hi-Res version, then I asked for and received the 5CD box set (which is really nice, I'll give them that...but why would you listen to CDs when you have the Hi-Res files?) for Christmas. I finally got a Hi-Res version of Finding Wallflowers. Then they announce a day before February ends that the 5CD set would only be available through the end of February. And today we found out why. Offering a digital version of it for just $12. I can imagine the people who bought the 9LP sets feel the same way.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Ordered! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Why do I feel like I need this? Explain almighty influencers of my empty brain and packed lp cabinet.
    Loujoe said:
    Why do I feel like I need this? Explain almighty influencers of my empty brain and packed lp cabinet.

Well, I originally only ordered the 3 disc CD set and didn't have the cash to spring for the mega 9 disc set. I love this record and artists that share content like this. Its about as all encompassing a look at this time period of Tom's work as you can get and gets me something I wanted without breaking the bank. I mean, $37.00 shipped on gold wax? Easy decision.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Thanks^ true. 
    Come on: Wildflowers live release!!!

I wanted Wildflowers & All the Rest, Finding Wildflowers, and the live recordings. I like demos out of curiosity, but I rarely listen to them more than once or twice. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

I wanted Wildflowers & All the Rest, Finding Wildflowers, and the live recordings. I like demos out of curiosity, but I rarely listen to them more than once or twice. 

The live recordings are the best part of the set! Whoever does their live stuff is amazing. Anthology, and American Treasure are some of the best live artist recordings you'll ever find.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I just snagged the 3lp. Only done digital so far but this stuff really makes you appreciate the breadth of his greatness. First handful of songs are hits right out of the gate and past that you have basically  2 albums worth of material at the same level but with more of an album track feel without such obvious hooks. I find a lot of his albums can be placed into their era but the Wildflowers material is simply timeless. 

Not sure I need demos on vinyl but could be fun to hear. 
    I really want the Prince Sign "☮︎" the Times live stuff, too, but didn't want all the demos. That Paisley Park show? "Housequake!" 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

The live recordings are the best part of the set! Whoever does their live stuff is amazing. Anthology, and American Treasure are some of the best live artist recordings you'll ever find.
    Agreed
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    I feel bad for people who shelled out for the 9 disc super deluxe and now this gets announced. I guess that was the only way to get the 180 gram vinyl. I bought the 7 LP because I wanted to make sure I had the Live stuff, but now Ill have everything for $30 more instead of $75 more, and on gold vinyl. Win win.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Jed said:
    I feel bad for people who shelled out for the 9 disc super deluxe and now this gets announced. I guess that was the only way to get the 180 gram vinyl. I bought the 7 LP because I wanted to make sure I had the Live stuff, but now Ill have everything for $30 more instead of $75 more, and on gold vinyl. Win win.
    Yup, I've got mixed feeling about this release having previously sprung for the 9LP d-lux set, specifically for the two records w/ the "alternative versions." That said, this particular collection of songs is absolute gold. The first time I spun them I was transported back in time to when Wildflowers was first released...the world felt a little more right simply by listening to these "new" songs for the first time. In those same moments is also occurred to me what a shame it was that they were a limited release and wouldn't find a wider release to Petty fans who'd cherish them like I was doing. Glad they're getting a proper release...these songs were meant to be heard :sunglasses:
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Ooh la la :sunglasses: :bee: 

It's crazy.  One of My Covid19 missions was to complete my collection of Tom Petty albums, but they keep coming out.. lol.  Excited to hear this new one.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    ordered
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Is anyone going to see the Tom Petty doc on the making of Wildflowers? 

https://www.tompettyfilm.com/home/

GlowGirl said:
    Is anyone going to see the Tom Petty doc on the making of Wildflowers? 

https://www.tompettyfilm.com/home/

I'm very much looking forward to it but I'll wait until I can watch it at home.  I somewhat doubt it'll play at a local theatre anyways.
    This is how you celebrate a reissue! I wish Pearl Jam would do something like this. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    This is how you celebrate a reissue! I wish Pearl Jam would do something like this. 
    Single Video Theory?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    dankind said:
    Single Video Theory?

was about a reissue?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    Great album…only really started listening to it after reading about it in the thread here. Up until now the only Petty album I have is a greatest hits collection. Wildflowers awesome! Loving it! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Great album…only really started listening to it after reading about it in the thread here. Up until now the only Petty album I have is a greatest hits collection. Wildflowers awesome! Loving it! 
    As the OP of this thread, I really appreciate reading this. Cheers to new music discoveries!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    The deluxe version of Wildflowers and all the rest has 54 tracks. I’m listening on Apple Music tonight. I love that I can listen to everything before I buy a hard copy.

this is excellent
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&