• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    Whipping

ATL 1994 
    Charlottesville 2013 
    I was in Charlottesville.  He screwed it up!  I think they ended up cutting the song early in fact.  What a set that night that night.  Truly magnificent show,  in a magnificent town,  on a gorgeous fall night. 
    My 2nd PJ show was Noblesville in 2003...got Whipping there.  The crowd went insane.  Long Road to open....kickass concert

Long Road
    Corduroy
    Interstellar
    Whipping
    I love any show with Long Road...
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    Charlottesville will always have Trumpito's sweaty stench on it.  
    No way.  That town is too wonderful to have him pollute it.  A Concert for Charlottesville purged the devil. 
    Thomas Jefferson is the OG stain on Charlottesville.
    There are lots of stains in this country.  That has nothing to do with the people and town of today. 
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

Systemic even, some might say....
    Where precisely isn't stained under this bar?
    Nowhere, but I think it's safe to assume that a town under the shadow of a plantation where young slaves were raped, sent south, or had their skulls crushed in inherits more trauma than towns where such plantations were not present.
    Ok got it.  So there's some more moral relativism you've got kicking.  Good thing there was never any of that in Massachusetts or anywhere else.  Those fucking racist UVA students are nothing like slightly less assholes in the NE. They should repent immediately. 
    Um, I am from the south and actually prefer it to Massachusetts. I've been to Siberia, and I fucking prefer that to Massachusetts!

But I currently live in an old New England sundown town that's rife with inherited trauma and structural racism that I've been working to root out since I landed here five years ago. 

But if it helps you feel superior to (mis)categorize a fellow human being as a moral relativist, who am I to stop you?
    Superior? I'm not the one virtue signaling here.  The one great thing about this country is that we don't hold sons guilty for the sins of their fathers.  That's very different than historic Europe.  We move forward.  The stain on cville is no different than anywhere else here. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    No way.  That town is too wonderful to have him pollute it.  A Concert for Charlottesville purged the devil. 
    There are lots of stains in this country.  That has nothing to do with the people and town of today. 
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

Nowhere, but I think it's safe to assume that a town under the shadow of a plantation where young slaves were raped, sent south, or had their skulls crushed in inherits more trauma than towns where such plantations were not present.
    Ok got it.  So there's some more moral relativism you've got kicking.  Good thing there was never any of that in Massachusetts or anywhere else.  Those fucking racist UVA students are nothing like slightly less assholes in the NE. They should repent immediately. 
    Um, I am from the south and actually prefer it to Massachusetts. I've been to Siberia, and I fucking prefer that to Massachusetts!

But I currently live in an old New England sundown town that's rife with inherited trauma and structural racism that I've been working to root out since I landed here five years ago. 

But if it helps you feel superior to (mis)categorize a fellow human being as a moral relativist, who am I to stop you?
    Superior? I'm not the one virtue signaling here.  The one great thing about this country is that we don't hold sons guilty for the sins of their fathers.  That's very different than historic Europe.  We move forward.  The stain on cville is no different than anywhere else here. 
    Virtue signaling, moral relativism? We all know systemic racism exists and people have inherent biases that are racist, and that the history of this country that is taught is a fairytale compared to the actual grim reality.  Many people still benefit from the sins of the fathers.  At what point does calling out virtue signaling and moral relativism intersect with dismissing reality?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

Virtue signaling, moral relativism? We all know systemic racism exists and people have inherent biases that are racist, and that the history of this country that is taught is a fairytale compared to the actual grim reality.  Many people still benefit from the sins of the fathers.  At what point does calling out virtue signaling and moral relativism intersect with dismissing reality?
    Ok then, what are you proposing? White guilt parades? Of course this country's history is tainted with the blood of the many minority and indigenous peoples who European whites enslaved and slaughtered, but what does making it the prelude to every current function of society solve? Systemic racism is ever present and white privilege is something many of us were born into, but is not representative of the change and progress we're trying to establish.

Yes, there are many who still deny that white privilege exists just because they grew up "poor", but shaming them isn't going to change their mind. These people exist within my extended family, my employment and my neighborhood and while there are still a lot of them, I know there are fewer than there were 20 years ago. We are on the right track, albeit slow and painfully difficult.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    Whipping

ATL 1994 
    Charlottesville 2013 
    I was in Charlottesville.  He screwed it up!  I think they ended up cutting the song early in fact.  What a set that night that night.  Truly magnificent show,  in a magnificent town,  on a gorgeous fall night. 
    My 2nd PJ show was Noblesville in 2003...got Whipping there.  The crowd went insane.  Long Road to open....kickass concert

Long Road
    Corduroy
    Interstellar
    Whipping
    I love any show with Long Road...
    My favorite song of all time is Long Road.  I can't believe I haven't heard it live in almost ten years (9/11/11 Toronto).  :(
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

Ok then, what are you proposing? White guilt parades? Of course this country's history is tainted with the blood of the many minority and indigenous peoples who European whites enslaved and slaughtered, but what does making it the prelude to every current function of society solve? Systemic racism is ever present and white privilege is something many of us were born into, but is not representative of the change and progress we're trying to establish.

Yes, there are many who still deny that white privilege exists just because they grew up "poor", but shaming them isn't going to change their mind. These people exist within my extended family, my employment and my neighborhood and while there are still a lot of them, I know there are fewer than there were 20 years ago. We are on the right track, albeit slow and painfully difficult.
    I get it but we can’t get into the mind set of oh well the past is past. I am pretty sure mrussel isn’t discounting the problems at all.  I just think it is important to not be dismissive.  

As far as a white guilt parade lol no. That would be terrible because so many would be like well I was In The parade problem solved.  

For me until we really address this problem on a large transformative scale it is going to continue to be the prelude to all of our societies problems.  Of course once/if we ever deal with race we will have to tackle the rest of our problems and as we’ve kicked the can with this one down the road to some distant point in the future going on 200 something years now it isn’t really looking good.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

I get it but we can’t get into the mind set of oh well the past is past. I am pretty sure mrussel isn’t discounting the problems at all.  I just think it is important to not be dismissive.  

As far as a white guilt parade lol no. That would be terrible because so many would be like well I was In The parade problem solved.  

For me until we really address this problem on a large transformative scale it is going to continue to be the prelude to all of our societies problems.  Of course once/if we ever deal with race we will have to tackle the rest of our problems and as we’ve kicked the can with this one down the road to some distant point in the future going on 200 something years now it isn’t really looking good.
    I'm certainly not dismissing it, far from it.  But I also don't think every conversation has to center towards systemic racism, or in this case about a lovely evening in Charlottesville in 2013. All of America has the stain so no city is untouched.  But we can look to our present and future,  and not just the past.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mickeyrat said:

This is something that true conservatives and former GOP would be calling out and laughing and mocking (North Korea bullshit). God I hate those people.  
    hippiemom = goodness
    mickeyrat said:

This is something that true conservatives and former GOP would be calling out and laughing and mocking (North Korea bullshit). God I hate those people.  
    right?

mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

I'm certainly not dismissing it, far from it.  But I also don't think every conversation has to center towards systemic racism, or in this case about a lovely evening in Charlottesville in 2013. All of America has the stain so no city is untouched.  But we can look to our present and future,  and not just the past.  
    No argument there!
    Scio me nihil scire

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    ISO:
    That gold Trump statue for sale at the CPAC

pm me if you have an extra. Thanks 

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    nicknyr15 said:
    ISO:

Are these s/n?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ISO:

Are these s/n?
    Yes!! 
    nicknyr15 said:
    ISO:

https://twitter.com/aidnmclaughlin/status/1365733215319846915?s=21
    Seems the variant may be a bit pricier.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ISO:

Holy fuck!! I can’t think of a bigger waste of time and money. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    ISO:

This is such a biblical abomination.  It's literally the golden calf. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    ISO:

Well Trump would probably get it to you sooner than PJ has with their annual singles.
    hippiemom = goodness
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ISO:

Made In mexico. Perfect 
    hippiemom = goodness
    nicknyr15 said:
    ISO:

Well Trump would probably get it to you sooner than PJ has with their annual singles.
    Ha! 
    nicknyr15 said:
    ISO:

Made in Mexico

mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

word up
  • mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

But the past continues to look ugly and hasn’t really changed. Just look since Charlottesville and until the issue of race is addressed honestly and openly, our grandchildren will be dealing with Charlottesville or worse. The current crop of repubs have no interest in making things better as it relates. None.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • And as the SCOTUS takes up a Voting Rights Act case.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    just checking in to say the Trump presidency really happened didn't it? still seems like a bizarre fever dream.
    welcome back, man!

no kidding i was wondering whatever happened to you a few months ago.
    thanks! i'm often wondering whatever happened to me too.
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

But the past continues to look ugly and hasn’t really changed. Just look since Charlottesville and until the issue of race is addressed honestly and openly, our grandchildren will be dealing with Charlottesville or worse. The current crop of repubs have no interest in making things better as it relates. None.
    What happened there was not perpetrated by the citizens of the city.  And I would vehemently disagree that nothing has changed over the past 50, 100, 200 years. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

What happened there was not perpetrated by the citizens of the city.  And I would vehemently disagree that nothing has changed over the past 50, 100, 200 years. 
    Not that “nothing has changed,” but it’s still status quo. Despite Charlottesville and all that’s happened before or since. Were none of the White supremacists from Charlottesville? Unfortunately, they’re everywhere. And that’s the heart of the problem.

Brilliantati©
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ISO:

This is such a biblical abomination.  It's literally the golden calf. 
    That is the first thing that came to my mind. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    It's all interconnected.
    Yup.

Not that “nothing has changed,” but it’s still status quo. Despite Charlottesville and all that’s happened before or since. Were none of the White supremacists from Charlottesville? Unfortunately, they’re everywhere. And that’s the heart of the problem.
    If it's status quo then nothing has changed.  I don't understand the distinction.  

Were there zero from cville? I can't say that,  but I can say it's a very liberal town.  The right wing congregated there because of the historic statues, not because it's a hot bed of right wing activity. 
This discussion has been closed.