*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Least they're back at home tonight. And i believe Embiid is playing so that's good
    Embiid in....Ben out, managing his load.
    Just saw that

When is the new show starting up? 
    Hopefully soon. Last I heard was sometime this year 😕
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:
    simmons might do that every night, if not for embiid.

Your team is damn good. First time I've watched more than a few minutes of them this year. If that Michell guy can get a little more efficient, you might have something there!
    thanks!

!RiotZact said:
    Wobbie said:
    simmons might do that every night, if not for embiid.
    And with Embiid the Sixers likely win that game handily. I prefer that option over Simmons filling the stat sheet on a .500 team.

But yeah, the Jazz are rock solid for sure. Excited to play them again in Philly for the last game before the break. Hopefully both teams are full strength at that point. 
    thanks to you, too!

altho a “likely win” is debatable.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    He’s so good 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    We are so lucky to get to watch him every night
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Better than solid?
    edited February 2021
    pjhawks said:
    Better than solid?
    Uh, yeah. Solid is good. This is one of the best seasons in the history of the franchise. Not bad for a player you told us to not expect anything from. 

; )
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2021
    pjhawks said:
    Better than solid?
    Uh, yeah. Solid is good. This is one of the best seasons in the history of the franchise. Not bad for a player you told us to not expect anything from. 

; )
    he's been fantastic this year.  no argument with that.   little concerning Ben is sick for the 2nd straight game.  figured the one the other night was the bs load management but maybe not.  hopefully they are all healthy come playoff time to see how far they can go.  hopefully Joel won't get sick or hurt this playoff run.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    Insane

chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    What a joy that was to watch. That step back shot from the corner at the end? Cmon now. 

LeBron is clearly the MVP though. 
    Insane

When is his hall of fame ceremony?
    edited February 2021
    I’m pretty sure he’s actually on pace for the greatest PER season in NBA history. Not just franchise history. 

Post edited by RiotZact on
    RiotZact said:
    I’m pretty sure he’s actually on pace for the greatest PER season in NBA history. Not just franchise history. 

Quite possibly the best basketball player on the planet....for the moment at least. Players like this do not come around often.

Trust thee motherfucking process. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    By the way, Zach Lavine is someone I would like for Morey to get here by the deadline. Would take a TON but they could do so without including Ben. That starting 5 would be sick. Bench would lack depth though. 

You don't know how long Embiid's prime will last and, right now at least, there might not be a better player in the world. Gotta take advantage now if you can. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:

Quite possibly the best basketball player on the planet....for the moment at least. Players like this do not come around often.

Geez breaking news one of the guys who is an MVP favorite currently is one of the best players on the planet.  Good to know
    Couple of tough ones looming here. Raptors playing real well lately. Hopefully Ben and Shake are playing. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Wait, the guy Sixers fans and Philly media do nothing but rip made the All-Star team for the 3rd time?  I for one am shocked Philadelphia fans and media are wrong once again. I’m pretty sure if he was firing threes like some demand he do he would not be an all star.  
    edited February 2021
    pjhawks said:
    Wait, the guy Sixers fans and Philly media do nothing but rip made the All-Star team for the 3rd time?  I for one am shocked Philadelphia fans and media are wrong once again. I’m pretty sure if he was firing threes like some demand he do he would not be an all star.  
    Shame on me for responding to this troll....but, who rips him, professor?

I'll remind you that you once told us to not expect anything from Joel Embiid's career. He is now one of, if not the, best player in the universe. Great call, 'takes. 

Wanting Ben to shoot and be more aggressive at the rim is not ripping. It is a yearning for him to rise from all star to superstardom, which will also alleviate a lot of the issues this team has experienced in the post season. If you watch this team on a nightly basis, you've seen what his aggressiveness has done for his game over the last few weeks. Those who were calling for it were correct. It's likely why he became an all star again after a sluggish start to the season. 

I'll also remind you that you told us The Process was not worth 3 years of tanking. It has resulted in two perennial allstars, with one of them being a leading mvp candidate. 

Quite simply, it's a process. You should've trusted it. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2021
    pjhawks said:
    Shame on me for responding to this troll....but, who rips him, professor?

I'll remind you that you once told us to not expect anything from Joel Embiid's career. He is now one of, if not the, best player in the universe. 

Wanting Ben to shoot and be more aggressive at the rim is not ripping. It is a yearning for him to rise from all star to superstardom, which will also alleviate a lot of the issues this team has experienced in the post season. If you watch this team on a nightly basis, you've seen what his aggressiveness has done for his game over the last few weeks. Those who were calling for it were correct. It's likely why he became an all star again after a sluggish start to the season. 

I'll also remind you that you told us The Process was not worth 3 years of tanking. It has resulted in two perennial allstars, with one of them being a leading mvp candidate. 

It's a process. You must trust in it. 

Do I really need to find all your posts and others about how he will never be good enough if he doesn’t learn to shoot? 3 time all star without having to shoot threes.  That’s a fact by the way not an opinion. So he is one of the 24 best players in the world....but he’s gotta shoot threes people constantly harp on, he doesn’t. But keep up your stubbornness that he has to. You are wrong...again.  Not that you will ever even come close to admit you might be wrong.  You never have the other twenty or so times you have been.  I guess that’s why you acted so shocked when I actually paid off the bet when I was wrong about Sixers making playoffs. It’s so far off your radar to admit you might be wrong that you couldn’t believe I did.  

And it’s not trolling when you correct which I am 

Actually what I said is Embiid would never be healthy, and he has missed what close to 20 percent of their games again thus year

Process was supposed to bring a championship run. 1 playoff series win. Ain’t there yet big fella
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited February 2021
    Sure, go ahead. I love Ben. I was ecstatic when they drafted him (thank god for The Process, which you also were wrong about). But being a fan of a player or team does not mean being blind to their faults. Ben has been an all-star caliber player since he was drafted. 3 straight years now is great. That is NOT his ceiling though. His ceiling is that of a superstar caliber player. He won't reach that point until he is able to shoot the ball and regularly finish strongly at the rim. The Sixers will likely not make it past the second round of the playoffs without him doing either of those things (both is ideal, obviously....but the Ben of the last two weeks might get them there with more shooters). The last 12 games or so he is averaging like 19, 7 and 7. Not coincidentally, he has been extremely more aggressive in finishing at the rim in that timeframe and seems to welcome going to the free throw line for the first time ever. We've all been talking about that lately. And that, my friend, is a vast improvement and the very thing those of us, who know what we are talking about, were hoping he would do. Now, let us hope the much improved free throw percentage will lead to him sprinkling in some outside shots now and then. But, hey, baby steps right?

Regarding Embiid, nobody has been more wrong than you. It is laughable watching you try to downplay it. "He's not worth 15 wins." He will "never be healthy." "...forget anticipating any contribution from him..." You are the Angelo Cataldi of these threads:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5960394#Comment_5960394

edit---Oh hey, shocker! Wasn't even thinking of this but, as a bonus, it appears you were also wrong on Saric too. Yeesh. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2021
    Lowry rumors heating up! I honestly don’t know why I’m so adamant about this particular trade, but I am. I think it’s because it’s the only clear cut way to create a “big 4” for the Sixers without trading away an insane amount of draft capital. 
    RiotZact said:
    Lowry rumors heating up! I honestly don’t know why I’m so adamant about this particular trade, but I am. I think it’s because it’s the only clear cut way to create a “big 4” for the Sixers without trading away an insane amount of draft capital. 
    I'm still on the fence as I'm not sure of the fit. More interested in Mr. Lavine.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Aggressive Ben!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

fultz? noel?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    RiotZact said:
    I'm still on the fence as I'm not sure of the fit. More interested in Mr. Lavine.
    For Ben? I don’t see any other way. Maybe a slew of first rounders like the Harden trade. He would be amazing but I just don’t see how it could happen. His value is soooo high right now. 
    edited February 2021
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    For Ben? I don’t see any other way. Maybe a slew of first rounders like the Harden trade. He would be amazing but I just don’t see how it could happen. His value is soooo high right now. 
    No you’d be able to keep Ben but give up a few first rounders, Green and one or two of the promising young guys. That was the rumor a week or so ago. It’s an enormous amount to give up and you'd lose depth but you’d keep Ben. Starting five would be ridiculous. Plus he’s under contract for a couple years, I think. 

Ben’s defense was just phenomenal last night

chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:

fultz? noel?
    One of best players in the world? Another perennial all star who still has a super star ceiling?

I like Nerlens. Fultz was a disaster taken by the regime Adam Silver foisted upon us after Hinkie left. I did like it at the time, though. But yeah that was a swing and a miss. Getting Jo and Ben was worth 3 seasons of poor basketball though. No doubt.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:

fultz? noel?
    One of best players in the world? Another perennial all star who still has a super star ceiling?

I like Nerlens. Fultz was a disaster taken by the regime Adam Silver foisted upon us after Hinkie left. I did like it at the time, though. But yeah that was a swing and a miss. Getting Jo and Ben was worth 3 seasons of poor basketball though. No doubt.

I’m so jealous that I wasn’t following during the years of the Process. Basketball pretty much had no place in my life through the entire 2010s. It seems like it was such fun watching those no name guys develop every night and not having to be stressed out every single game. 
    RiotZact said:
    Wobbie said:

fultz? noel?

I’m so jealous that I wasn’t following during the years of the Process. Basketball pretty much had no place in my life through the entire 2010s. It seems like it was such fun watching those no name guys develop every night and not having to be stressed out every single game. 
    Well I wouldn't say it was a lot of fun. lol....You just had to have a little trust that the process would eventually land you a couple superstar caliber players that would put them in position to contend for a championship. Voila!

I will say that Villanova's championship runs could not have come at a better time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Sure, go ahead. I love Ben. I was ecstatic when they drafted him (thank god for The Process, which you also were wrong about). But being a fan of a player or team does not mean being blind to their faults. Ben has been an all-star caliber player since he was drafted. 3 straight years now is great. That is NOT his ceiling though. His ceiling is that of a superstar caliber player. He won't reach that point until he is able to shoot the ball and regularly finish strongly at the rim. The Sixers will likely not make it past the second round of the playoffs without him doing either of those things (both is ideal, obviously....but the Ben of the last two weeks might get them there with more shooters). The last 12 games or so he is averaging like 19, 7 and 7. Not coincidentally, he has been extremely more aggressive in finishing at the rim in that timeframe and seems to welcome going to the free throw line for the first time ever. We've all been talking about that lately. And that, my friend, is a vast improvement and the very thing those of us, who know what we are talking about, were hoping he would do. Now, let us hope the much improved free throw percentage will lead to him sprinkling in some outside shots now and then. But, hey, baby steps right?

Regarding Embiid, nobody has been more wrong than you. It is laughable watching you try to downplay it. "He's not worth 15 wins." He will "never be healthy." "...forget anticipating any contribution from him..." You are the Angelo Cataldi of these threads:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5960394#Comment_5960394

edit---Oh hey, shocker! Wasn't even thinking of this but, as a bonus, it appears you were also wrong on Saric too. Yeesh. 
    conveniently you've changed your Ben argument from he has to shoot 3s to now he has to be aggressive offensively.  remember  when I said him shooting from 5 feet and in was  a good thing and you and cliffy ripped me?  i guess now you are ok with him shooting 5 feet and in.  maybe you never think you are wrong because the moment you are wrong you move the goalposts to something else.

and if Embiid is the MVP it won't be Ben's fault if  they don't get past the 2nd round. An MVP has to carry you there.  Of course Ill first settle for Embiid being on the court the whole playoffs. Just hope he won't need load management then. 

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    He still needs to shoot.

Complaining about embiid is a weird flex