*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    was that their first win without Embiid this year?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    was that their first win without Embiid this year?
    Correct
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    How many people in Philly want to murder Simmons right now?
    ?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    RiotZact said:
    ?
    Assuming he’s talking him passing up some easy buckets near the rim? I don’t know. Tonight night to criticize him. He was a plus 16. 

Wish they would’ve blown them out more. Tomorrow’s gonna be tough with Portland rested 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    ?
    Assuming he’s talking him passing up some easy buckets near the rim? I don’t know. Tonight night to criticize him. He was a plus 16. 

Wish they would’ve blown them out more. Tomorrow’s gonna be tough with Portland rested 
    Yeah would’ve been nice. At least it’s home though, where they haven’t lost (except that bullshit Denver game with like 7 active players) in over a year. 
    edited February 2021
    Gambling. I think it ended up a push but that  foul at the end for the hornets into cover territory 
    Gambling. I think it ended up a push but that  foul at the end for the hornets into cover territory 
    I figured you meant something like that, but I couldn’t think of anything Simmons did specifically. Forgot about that random foul. It was pretty blatant, not sure why you wouldn’t just want to let him shoot it and go home. 
    RiotZact said:
    I figured you meant something like that, but I couldn’t think of anything Simmons did specifically. Forgot about that random foul. It was pretty blatant, not sure why you wouldn’t just want to let him shoot it and go home. 
    -9.5 tonight. I know Portland has guys out but that seems quite high for back end of a back to back, no? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    -9.5 tonight. I know Portland has guys out but that seems quite high for back end of a back to back, no? 
    Yeah. Clearly those odds makers haven’t watched the Sixers much this year. 
    I mean, the line was 7 before the game last night..then it was 20 at halftime (I think)...then it ended at 7.  It's pretty amazing how accurate they are sometimes.
    I mean, the line was 7 before the game last night..then it was 20 at halftime (I think)...then it ended at 7.  It's pretty amazing how accurate they are sometimes.
    It is sometimes, but I’m pretty sure the Sixers have been favored in every game they’ve lost so far this year, and usually by more than a couple points. And almost every loss has been on the second night of a back to back. 
    edited February 2021
    The nerve of Ben Simmons for managing his load this evening.

Just kidding. Rest up, buddy. Gonna need you Saturday!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Jo is out of this world good right now. Holy. Shit. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Jo is out of this world good right now. Holy. Shit. 
    The Sixers literally have not hit a 3 and Portland is on fire from 3, yet it’s tied because the man is inhuman. What a privilege to watch. 
    Yikes. The success of this team really is built around Ben and Joel’s skill sets. Remove either of them and it is painful to watch. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Lol is that real?
    Yeah
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    lotta damn words for a second tier team.....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    What a treasure Morey is.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    edited February 2021
    Wobbie said:
    lotta damn words for a second tier team.....
    Yeah, I would agree Philly is probably 2nd tier type team in NBA history.
    1st tier would be Lakers and Celtics with 17 titles each.
    2nd tier would be Bulls & Warriors with 6, Spurs with 5 and Pistons and 76ers with 3 each.
    3rd tier would be teams with 2 titles...Rockets, Heat and Knicks
    4th tier would be single title teams: Kings, Blazers, Mavericks Sonics (now Thunder), Bucks, Hawks, Cavs, Wizards, Raptors, 
    And then there's the Jazz......how low can you go?
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
    No Kyrie and and no Durant tonight. 

Don't get blown out by backups again, fellas. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Is it weird that I would have more confidence if they were full strength? 
    RiotZact said:

Is it weird that I would have more confidence if they were full strength? 
    Haha...I wish the NBA could find a way to do away with back to backs all together. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    Nice overall win against the Nets (granted they were without two of their star players though). I'm guessing the jerseys the sixers wore last night were in reference to boathouse row?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Some reports are saying that Lowry is available. I think Morey has to do just about whatever it would take to get him. He fits too perfectly with this roster. Most people are debating what it would take, on top of Danny Green and Mike Scott as salary fillers, to get it done. Some say it would take Maxey, other say Thybulle would be enough. And likely a first round pick as well. Giving up Maxey would hurt (as would Thybulle to an extent) but I think you have to do it if it’s on the table. 
    RiotZact said:
    Some reports are saying that Lowry is available. I think Morey has to do just about whatever it would take to get him. He fits too perfectly with this roster. Most people are debating what it would take, on top of Danny Green and Mike Scott as salary fillers, to get it done. Some say it would take Maxey, other say Thybulle would be enough. And likely a first round pick as well. Giving up Maxey would hurt (as would Thybulle to an extent) but I think you have to do it if it’s on the table. 
    But what would you do with Ben? Put him at the 4? Tobias has been crushing it there this year and struggled at the 3 last year.

As a Nova fan I love Lowry, but I'm not sure I agree with the fit. If you take the ball out of Ben's hands his inability to shoot becomes an even greater problem. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Maybe he and Simmons can finally fight?
    RiotZact said:
    But what would you do with Ben? Put him at the 4? Tobias has been crushing it there this year and struggled at the 3 last year.

As a Nova fan I love Lowry, but I'm not sure I agree with the fit. If you take the ball out of Ben's hands his inability to shoot becomes an even greater problem. 
    I think Ben would still bring it up when they are trying to push it. He’s done a great job cutting and being somewhat useful off ball so far this year. One of the big positives so far this season is how much better they are doing closing games in crunch time, and Ben has almost never been bringing the ball up in half court possessions in those games, yet he’s still been a net positive in those situations. Plus you can always stagger their minutes with some bench rotations. 

I think the 3/4 thing is overblown. Call Ben the 3 if it makes you feel better, but I really don’t think it changes what they actually do on the court.