PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Um....is the stock market broken?  Did Reddit and Gamestop literally break the stock market?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited January 2021
    Um....is the stock market broken?  Did Reddit and Gamestop literally break the stock market?
    Probably has more to do with the Fed meeting today...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Gamestop was doa a few years ago.....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    You see what's happening with it?  Bunch of small timers from Reddit and such are basically beating hedge funds at their own game. I don't fully understand it, but it's pretty wild

So yeah, the Fed stuff is certainly alarming
    You see what's happening with it?  Bunch of small timers from Reddit and such are basically beating hedge funds at their own game. I don't fully understand it, but it's pretty wild

So yeah, the Fed stuff is certainly alarming
    Yeah....I am partial to low interest rates though. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Fed's doing the right thing. There's nothing else they can do. I mean other than give people money, which is on the Treasury.

This Fucking The Shorts business that reddit is doing is pretty funny. But it's short lived. Fun to watch people who wanted to fuck others over ultimately get fucked and come close to losing their shirts.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Phillies signed Didi Gregorius for 2/$28 MIL
    Not bad, good move considering the alternatives.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    suppose to get about 6-12 inches of snow. Hopefully it isn't too bad. I hate the winter
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    cutz said:
    Phillies signed Didi Gregorius for 2/$28 MIL
    Figured when they hired Dombroski this was the route they were gonna go instead of not spending money. I like it.

Yeah, Dave....fuck this shit. I'm cool with winter through the holidays and NFL playoffs. But February blows.

chinese-happy.jpg
    February is the worst month. I'm fine with winter as long as it's snowing. Personally, give me the months of May and September all year 'round. With that said, I'm going up to New Hampshire to do a 30 mile hike in the middle of February. I know, I don't know what I was thinking either...
    I just hate the cold weather.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    February is the worst month. I'm fine with winter as long as it's snowing. Personally, give me the months of May and September all year 'round. With that said, I'm going up to New Hampshire to do a 30 mile hike in the middle of February. I know, I don't know what I was thinking either...
    You were thinking it would be badass.
    It will be!
    What trail are you doing?
    You were thinking it would be badass.
    It will be!
    What trail are you doing?
    Pemi Loop - I've been planning this since last March. Now, if we actually complete it is another thing, haha...
    Have you done this type of thing before?
    This hike is no joke!
    I didn't know this was open in the winter.
    Should be an amazing experience.  Going for two days, or three?
    This hike is no joke!
    I've done this hike in spring, and I've done a lot of other winter trips, too, just nothing this hard. Yeah, we're pretty aware of the severity - bringing a lot of redundancies, snowshoes, crampons, GPS/SOS beacon, etc.

The plan is 2 nights, 3 days. But am starting to think this might end up being 3 nights just because I don't think we'll be going more than 1 mph between all the up & downs and the amount of daylight.

I'm a big fan of the White Mountains.
    This hike is no joke!
    I've done this hike in spring, and I've done a lot of other winter trips, too, just nothing this hard. Yeah, we're pretty aware of the severity - bringing a lot of redundancies, snowshoes, crampons, GPS/SOS beacon, etc.

The plan is 2 nights, 3 days. But am starting to think this might end up being 3 nights just because I don't think we'll be going more than 1 mph between all the up & downs and the amount of daylight.

This is totally badass.  Please share some pictures when you finish.
    Grew up in the Green Mountains but also like the Whites.
    This hike is no joke!

Definitely will do.

I get the impression that New Hampshire is kinda the laggard of New England. The Whites are absolutely beautiful, but I'd rather go to Maine or Vermont for anything else other than the mountains. I actually wouldn't be surprised that if (very big if) we were to move out of the city at some point it would ultimately be to VT.
    This hike is no joke!

Definitely will do.

I get the impression that New Hampshire is kinda the laggard of New England. The Whites are absolutely beautiful, but I'd rather go to Maine or Vermont for anything else other than the mountains. I actually wouldn't be surprised that if (very big if) we were to move out of the city at some point it would ultimately be to VT.

I had many great experiences growing up in VT.
    There are so many kind and genuine people living there -- and if you are outside of the few larger areas the communities are just a different world.  Wave to people driving buy type of shit -- mostly because you actually know them and recognize them - but even if not, they just wave because that is the neighborly thing to do.  (Even to "Flatlanders", which is what you would be to old folks there.)
    There are some fucking grade A hee-haws, but I guess that exists most places.  Raging opioid problem as well.

You grew up in/around a city, so you know what you will be missing. 
    Surprisingly expensive to live in many parts of VT now - certainly compared to how it used to be.

This hike is no joke!

Definitely will do.

There are so many kind and genuine people living there -- and if you are outside of the few larger areas the communities are just a different world.  Wave to people driving buy type of shit -- mostly because you actually know them and recognize them - but even if not, they just wave because that is the neighborly thing to do.  (Even to "Flatlanders", which is what you would be to old folks there.)
    There are some fucking grade A hee-haws, but I guess that exists most places.  Raging opioid problem as well.

Surprisingly expensive to live in many parts of VT now - certainly compared to how it used to be.

Yeah, I've lived in the boonies of PA, too, so I know the spectrum of people.

I think there's a raging opioid problem everywhere, unfortunately, but I hear you.

I'm weird - I have this perspective where if I don't live directly in the middle of a city then I want to be out near a mountain or some body of water with no in between. We've very lightly looked at houses in Montana, Washington, Colorado, VT, NH, ME. So that vibe. The wife is very much into it, and has talked me into something like Vermont-ish so that we're not so far away from family & friends. Again, this is all very low % chance of happening right now, but if for some reason I am able to land more jobs that are 100% remote then those chances go up.

You're not kidding on those VT home values...
    I can understand the draw....
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    This hike is no joke!

Definitely will do.

I think there's a raging opioid problem everywhere, unfortunately, but I hear you.

I'm weird - I have this perspective where if I don't live directly in the middle of a city then I want to be out near a mountain or some body of water with no in between. We've very lightly looked at houses in Montana, Washington, Colorado, VT, NH, ME. So that vibe. The wife is very much into it, and has talked me into something like Vermont-ish so that we're not so far away from family & friends. Again, this is all very low % chance of happening right now, but if for some reason I am able to land more jobs that are 100% remote then those chances go up.

We talked about moving to Vermont at the beginning of the pandemic in the US, but the telecom infrastructure of the home we had an option to move into there was such that it would be nearly impossible to work from home. We'd basically have to get a satellite service. I'm talking a giant dish in the middle of the field.

It's just never been wired because it's always been the place to get away from work, screens, etc. We have an old table radio to listen to Sox games, and that's about it.

Would've been nice to have had all that room to roam, for sure.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    This hike is no joke!

Definitely will do.

We talked about moving to Vermont at the beginning of the pandemic in the US, but the telecom infrastructure of the home we had an option to move into there was such that it would be nearly impossible to work from home. We'd basically have to get a satellite service. I'm talking a giant dish in the middle of the field.

It's just never been wired because it's always been the place to get away from work, screens, etc. We have an old table radio to listen to Sox games, and that's about it.

Would've been nice to have had all that room to roam, for sure.
    Yeah, that's the biggest thing. I looked into this briefly and it seemed like for what I'd want for internet it would end up costing like $300/mo.
    Hahaha I’m seeing that bob nightingale reported last night that Bauer was going to the Mets. It’s honestly a parody at this point 
    Well did anyone thing $40MM was in the picture?
    That shit's crazy, yo.
    Damn Fucking snow 😡
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Damn Fucking snow 😡
    It is the worst. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Damn Fucking snow 😡
    It is the worst. 

I like my elderly neighbors - they are quiet, respectful, keep everything clean...but they do not shovel.  Times like these past few weeks when I am open to seeing them move to FL and sell to younger families who can shovel their own yards!
    Well....then I would bitch about their mess, kids, and noises. 
    Hell with it, I can shovel some extra snow.

Snow sucks.
    I don't mind snow.  If it's gonna be cold, I'd rather have snow on the ground.  Though that is changing a bit with working from home and daycare closing from time to time. 3 year old loves it though.