AMAZON PRIME VIDEO STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    hedonist said:
    season 3. Hugh Dillon (lead singer of the Headstones) plays Francis Becker. 

Oh, that’s him? I’m in the part where he plays a prominent role. 

F Me, the final episode was worth it!  The second two seasons were fantastic. 
    Interesting

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Just when I thought The Boys couldn’t have any more depraved violence - orgasm head smash!!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I thought they couldn’t beat the one chick’s scene when it came to biting it. Gonna watch later. 
    Anyone watching Utopia. Just watched ep 1 and starting ep 2. It looks promising. The first one hooked me. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    GlowGirl said:
    Anyone watching Utopia. Just watched ep 1 and starting ep 2. It looks promising. The first one hooked me. 
    Yes. It was good
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Yes. It was good
    It is. But it is scarily hitting a bit close to home in terms of actual world events going on right now. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I'm still watching DCI Banks.
    Watch 2 episode stories every week or so.  I like mixing it in with other stuff.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    GlowGirl said:
    igotid88 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Yes. It was good
    It is. But it is scarily hitting a bit close to home in terms of actual world events going on right now. 
    You know what? I read it as Upload. I haven't seen Utopia yet. So disregard my previous post
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    igotid88 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Yes. It was good
    You know what? I read it as Upload. I haven't seen Utopia yet. So disregard my previous post
    I liked Upload. But check out Utopia if you get the chance. Pretty scary in light of current events. There is even a disclaimer about that in the beginning of each episode. Rainn Wilson and John Cusak are both in it.

I watched the pilot or that on a preview as a guinea pig for Amazon Studios.  Liked it....will have to watch the rest now that it is out.
    Added to my watchlist.

I tried Upload but never made it past the first episode.

By the way, their "movies we think you'll like" is mostly BS.  Guarding Tess?  C'mon.

I noticed The Man Who Fell to Earth on that list though...never seen it.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    The original Utopia was excellent show..hope the US version stands on same level..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    Added to my watchlist.

I tried Upload but never made it past the first episode.

By the way, their "movies we think you'll like" is mostly BS.  Guarding Tess?  C'mon.

I noticed The Man Who Fell to Earth on that list though...never seen it.
    Bowie schlong
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Watched the penultimate episode of the Boys, and a few episodes of Utopia this weekend. It was an afternoon of gratuitous bloody gore.
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    I really enjoyed Utopia 
    hope a new season comes sooner than later
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Re-watching 12 Monkeys
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2020
    Just finished watching Good Omens with my daughter. 

We had been reading it together for a while. Two lead performances were great. I might have to check out David Tennant's Dr. Who run now.

Finale was a bit rough, but we both expected it to be. 

And while as a heterosexual male with a pulse, I greatly appreciated the overall wow factor of the actor they cast as Anathema Device, I still must say that the character is pretty damn far from a supermodel in the book.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Just finished watching Good Omens with my daughter. 

We had been reading it together for a while. Two lead performances were great. I might have to check out David Tennant's Dr. Who run now.

Finale was a bit rough, but we both expected it to be. 

And while as a heterosexual male with a pulse, I greatly appreciated the overall wow factor of the actor they cast as Anathema Device, I still must say that the character is pretty damn far from a supermodel in the book.

It may almost be time for a re-watch -- not as much fun as the book but fun nonetheless. 
    Just started Truth Seekers
    I enjoy Nick Frost projects 
    good so far, 2 episodes in
    Woo hoo!  The first 2 or 3 episodes of season five of The Expanse drop December 16th.  The rest of the episodes will be release weekly after that.  Gonna start my rewatch now.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    digging Season 2 of The Boys
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Really enjoyed Sound of Metal 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    First 3 episodes of Expanse Season 5 up
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Yellowstone seasons 1-3 now up
    pretty good so far
    I’m into the third episode of Tin Star. It’s good, not great.

And it probably doesn’t help that I see Paul Reiser every time Tim Roth is in a scene. 
    hedonist said:
    I’m into the third episode of Tin Star. It’s good, not great.

And it probably doesn’t help that I see Paul Reiser every time Tim Roth is in a scene. 
    I loved Tin Star.  Also, I really enjoy Tim Roth....no Reiser confusion there!

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    The Expanse is letting me down in Season 5.   What a drag.  Like watching a football game.  The vast majority of the episodes nothing is happening.  Expect it to pick back up in Season 6.
    The Expanse is letting me down in Season 5.   What a drag.  Like watching a football game.  The vast majority of the episodes nothing is happening.  Expect it to pick back up in Season 6.
    @bootlegger10  Yeah, the slower pace is . . . annoying.  I can’t help but think that if they weren’t releasing them weekly it wouldn’t be quite so painfully slow. The shorter seasons also don’t help. Ten episodes?!? WtAF?  The last episode of this season is next week.

I do love getting lots of Amos though. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    @bootlegger10  Yeah, the slower pace is . . . annoying.  I can’t help but think that if they weren’t releasing them weekly it wouldn’t be quite so painfully slow. The shorter seasons also don’t help. Ten episodes?!? WtAF?  The last episode of this season is next week.

After episode 9 I was racking my brain to figure out what happened during that episode.  I know Amos and his crew accomplished something but that was about it.  Kinda strange.

A couple friends are waiting to binge watch the latest season and I'm curious as to their perspective on it. 

After episode 9 I was racking my brain to figure out what happened during that episode.  I know Amos and his crew accomplished something but that was about it.  Kinda strange.

A couple friends are waiting to binge watch the latest season and I'm curious as to their perspective on it. 

I think this book would have been a real challenge to adapt for compelling episodic tv.  With everyone spread out through the solar system, there isn’t much interaction between the core characters.  In the book there is so much inner dialogue, especially for Naomi. 

Let me know what your friends thought after the binge.  I’m going to binge rewatch this weekend I think, see if it’s a better overall flow without having to wait a week between shows.