Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,248
    bbiggs said:
    Who knows what drove his decision.  I personally don't care about the politics of him or the Marquee network and that has never crept into my mind as I'm watching a game, luckily.  Len is a good dude and I enjoyed him calling games.  I wonder who they'll replace him with.  Hopefully Deshaies sticks around.  Lot of changes within the organization on the north side.

I was just joking with that comment.  I always bust my friends balls by referring to them as the MAGA Cubs and their right wing network....I highly doubt that would have anything to do with it.  I'm mainly just salty that my cable bill went up $6 a month for that nonsense and I have no option to not pay for it!
    He was quoted as saying if the Cubs were still on WGN or CSN (or whatever the other network was pre-Marquee) he'd still do the job.  It was in fact Marquee that he could not stand to be a part of.
    Now, I don't know if that had to do with politics, but I'm guessing it had to do with network people telling him how to do this or that and not to do this or that.  The suits I'm sure didn't help.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,447
    see yu later.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,730
    The euphoria of 16 was worth the rebuild. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Yesterday will forever be remembered as THE GREATEST DAY IN CUBS HISTORY!!!!

San Diego took Darvish and his salary way from us!!!!!!!

3 years with the Cubs

15-14

$65 million or so for those 3 years?

FUCK DARVISH!!!!

My prediction? He will not win in double digits, for any year, he is with San Diego.

BANK ON THAT

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Yesterday will forever be remembered as THE GREATEST DAY IN CUBS HISTORY!!!!

3 years with the Cubs

15-14

FUCK DARVISH!!!!

My prediction? He will not win in double digits, for any year, he is with San Diego.

BANK ON THAT

That park is pretty friendly to pitchers otherwise, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Where was San Diego 10-15 years ago when we needed to unload Soriano?

And why couldn't we throw Heyward in the Darvish deal?

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    Looks like we’re in full on rebuilding mode.  I’m okay with it. These things are needed from time to time. 
  • Bryant is next to go.

And I have no problem with that.

Contreras too. I’m okay with that also. 
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,791
    edited December 2020

And at this point, from a business standpoint? Why not go full blown rebuild?

How much money was lost last year? By every single baseball team in the majors? How much will be lost this year, since there probably wont be any fans in the stands again. Fuck it, get rid of Darvish, Lester is gone, don't give Bryant a new contract, and start rebuilding.

Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    some are saying that with the cards getting arenado, the cubs should go full rebuild because they won’t win the division anytime soon. thoughts?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I'm really starting to feel confused by what they are doing. They get rid of Darvish...for a crap return. Okay, trimming payroll and starting a rebuild. Fine.

Then they sign Joc Pederson for a year? Why make that move? Doesn't make sense to me. Now I'm reading they have increased their payroll and may have interest in old veterans? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Yeah, I hadn't considered that...and isn't Pederson essentially another Schwarber?

maybe they'll go full rebuild, now that they've seen what the Cardinals did.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The current team is not built to be a real contender. Go in rebuild mode and we’ll wait our turn. Signing veterans on the wrong side of their prime doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Pederson was offered more money by the Sox who are ready to contend now, but chose the Cubs. Very odd. He was getting heckled big time in the 2016 NLCS from the bleachers. Maybe he chose the Cubs because he likes being called jock strap. 🤔
    I approve of heckling ANY d**ger!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Just keep Rizzo and Contreras. I don't want to see Hendricks go but he deserves better than wasting his talent on a team in rebuild mode.  And I don't get the hard-on Cubs fans have over Baez. He can tax his ever-expanding strike zone elsewhere.
    Cubs announced 20% capacity at Wrigley to start the season. I like the direction of this. Look forward to getting back. 
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,248
    bbiggs said:
    Cubs announced 20% capacity at Wrigley to start the season. I like the direction of this. Look forward to getting back. 
    Yeah, from what I've seen, they have done a good job with the spring training crowds.
    That said, I'm still not going.  Maybe if I had the vaccine, but until then...nope.  
    Cubs suddenly tied for 1st. Hell of a hot steak they’ve been on. KB is playing at an MVP level again, which for me means it’s time to trade him and get a kings ransom.  He hasn’t played like this since 2016 and he’s been injury prone since. Selling high would be great, but they won’t do it if they remain in contention. That’s the tricky part. 
    How absolutely fucking STUUUUUUPID was that Pirates first baseman??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :rofl:
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    How absolutely fucking STUUUUUUPID was that Pirates first baseman??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :rofl:
    https://youtu.be/fTbu2laAdk8

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    edited July 2021
    Well...suddenly Jed looks like a genius for giving Yu away. :anguished:
    7-run 1st. Only the fucking Cubs would then lose 15-7. Team full of fucking Mendozas. 
    It was fun to think they had 1 last hurrah in them anyhow. If even only for a couple months.
    7-run 1st. Only the fucking Cubs would then lose 15-7. Team full of fucking Mendozas. 

A couple of fun stats about this one.

1.  Teams with 7 run leads are 234-1 this season up until yesterday.  Now 234-2.
    2.  Only one other time since 1900 has a team been up by 7 runs in the first inning and go on to lose by 7+ runs (1976 SF Giants).

This team is not good at all.  Trade KB and start the rebuild.  Please.
    Bad timing too. KB is cold as ice right now too.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614

3 years with the Cubs

15-14

FUCK DARVISH!!!!

BANK ON THAT

Yeah, that one is looking pretty rough right now.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Bad timing too. KB is cold as ice right now too.
    I do think there are teams that would still pay a hefty price.  He's in a funk, but the fact that he plays almost anywhere on the field brings a lot of value, despite the cold bat. 

3 years with the Cubs

15-14

FUCK DARVISH!!!!

BANK ON THAT

Yeah, that one is looking pretty rough right now.

The list is long.  Schwarber having an all world run as of late.  Castellanos playing at an MVP level.  Yu tearing it up.  SMH

I guess my Rizzo card collection is nigh coming to an end.  Ugh.

What a completely mismanaged team for the last 5 years... :angry:  And I don't mean Maddon or Rossy.