I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    HAHA fake news! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    edited December 2020
    Very happy to have got one of these through the mail in the UK today. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    Awesome it made the trip! Super cool.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Such a great album!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 1 made it over to 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    C/W poster and sticker
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Mine is showing out for delivery today!!
    Mine is showing out for delivery today!!
    Arrived with signed poster!
    Jackpot!^^^
  • Groda03Groda03 Posts: 140
    Were posters from Easy Street orders only?  
    Yep. They said in store only, but looks like lot's got one. Nice surprise and keeps people talking about them. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Pandemic Promotes Unexpected Music Collaborations

CLAY MASTERS, BYLINE: Mason Jennings is a singer and songwriter from Minnesota.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE")

MASON JENNINGS: (Singing) I was born in a gold mine. You were born by the sea. Without nothing, we got something - Memphis, Tenn.

MASTERS: Jennings still remembers when his former manager approached him about working with a musician from one of his favorite bands when he was a teenager.

JENNINGS: And he asked me - he was like, hey, would you want to work on some stuff with Stone Gossard? And I was like, of course I want to, you know? I'm a huge fan.

MASTERS: Stone Gossard plays guitar in Pearl Jam and lives in Seattle. The two met about six years ago and started working on a project with Seattle keyboardist Brittany Davis and drummer Matt Chamberlain, who lives in Los Angeles. They called the band Painted Shield.

(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)

MASTERS: They've never played together in person but started sending each other ideas online via Dropbox. Progress was slow because of all of their other commitments. Then the pandemic hit, Pearl Jam's tour was postponed and Gossard says an opportunity presented itself.

STONE GOSSARD: It made us all think, what can we do right now for a little bit of creativity and just to keep feeling like we're staying active and moving forward?

MASTERS: For one song, Chamberlain sent Jennings some ideas and music. And Jennings, who lives in Minneapolis, was prompted by George Floyd's murder to write lyrics.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "I AM YOUR COUNTRY")

PAINTED SHIELD: (Singing) I am your country. And one day you'll understand that all the pain that we've been given is far too great to ever fit between two hands.

MASTERS: Jennings then sent the music and lyrics on to Stone Gossard.

JENNINGS: And then he put down an incredible guitar part.

GOSSARD: Is it? Is it? (Laughter).

JENNINGS: I think it's incredible.

GOSSARD: Oh, awesome.

JENNINGS: Whenever it comes in, it makes goose bumps go on my arms.

GOSSARD: OK. Well, that's - I'm so happy.

(SOUNDBITE OF PAINTED SHIELD SONG, "I AM YOUR COUNTRY")

demetrios said:
    Pandemic Promotes Unexpected Music Collaborations

CLAY MASTERS, BYLINE: Mason Jennings is a singer and songwriter from Minnesota.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE")

MASON JENNINGS: (Singing) I was born in a gold mine. You were born by the sea. Without nothing, we got something - Memphis, Tenn.

MASTERS: Jennings still remembers when his former manager approached him about working with a musician from one of his favorite bands when he was a teenager.

JENNINGS: And he asked me - he was like, hey, would you want to work on some stuff with Stone Gossard? And I was like, of course I want to, you know? I'm a huge fan.

MASTERS: Stone Gossard plays guitar in Pearl Jam and lives in Seattle. The two met about six years ago and started working on a project with Seattle keyboardist Brittany Davis and drummer Matt Chamberlain, who lives in Los Angeles. They called the band Painted Shield.

(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)

MASTERS: They've never played together in person but started sending each other ideas online via Dropbox. Progress was slow because of all of their other commitments. Then the pandemic hit, Pearl Jam's tour was postponed and Gossard says an opportunity presented itself.

STONE GOSSARD: It made us all think, what can we do right now for a little bit of creativity and just to keep feeling like we're staying active and moving forward?

MASTERS: For one song, Chamberlain sent Jennings some ideas and music. And Jennings, who lives in Minneapolis, was prompted by George Floyd's murder to write lyrics.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "I AM YOUR COUNTRY")

PAINTED SHIELD: (Singing) I am your country. And one day you'll understand that all the pain that we've been given is far too great to ever fit between two hands.

MASTERS: Jennings then sent the music and lyrics on to Stone Gossard.

JENNINGS: And then he put down an incredible guitar part.

GOSSARD: Is it? Is it? (Laughter).

JENNINGS: I think it's incredible.

GOSSARD: Oh, awesome.

JENNINGS: Whenever it comes in, it makes goose bumps go on my arms.

GOSSARD: OK. Well, that's - I'm so happy.

(SOUNDBITE OF PAINTED SHIELD SONG, "I AM YOUR COUNTRY")

I heard that last night coming home from running! Made my day! 
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    demetrios said:
    I haven't listened yet, but this line was interesting in the description: "...eventual plans for No Code and Yield box sets, and recording more PJ music."
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    LukinFan said:
    demetrios said:
    I haven't listened yet, but this line was interesting in the description: "...eventual plans for No Code and Yield box sets, and recording more PJ music."
    Great news! :clap:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:
    LukinFan said:
    demetrios said:
    Great news! :clap:

really? I thought Jeff said he was done with looking back. If so, can't wait. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

can't say I like how it says "how the band is slowing down". :bawling:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,741
    ....nearly 10 years ago.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,642
    ....nearly 10 years ago.
    ....Ten Years from now ;)
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mvw said:
    ....nearly 10 years ago.
    ....Ten Years from now ;)
    Magic
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Anyone still looking for the RSD copy?

The black vinyl edition will be coming soon.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Finally got around to spinning my RSD copy. Really good album.
    ^^I did side 1 a few weeks back. Yet to hit 2. It's great so far. Real pretty too!

Zoom and Greet with Stone Gossard and Mason Jennings

97.3 KBCO has your invitation to a private "ZOOM AND GREET" session featuring Pearl Jam guitarist Stone Gossard's new side project with Mason Jennings called Painted Shield. You have a chance to join Keefer for this intimate conversation including your questions and comments with Stone Gossard and Mason Jennings. All this week, LISTEN after 3pm to score your way in.

Brought to by:

Painted Shield:

Sometimes an album by a new band gets everything right. Such is the case with Painted Shield and their eponymous debut release (Loosegroove Records/ The Orchard): Rather than sounding like a tentative identikit of musical styles, it’s a brilliantly conceived, bold and cohesive portrait of its creators – chiefly Pearl Jam guitarist Stone Gossard, singer-songwriter Mason Jennings and drumming star Matt Chamberlain – and a clear-eyed statement of purpose.

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I'm struggling to get into the Painted Shield album.
    I've listened to it a few times - and I really want to like it - but it's just not doing it for me.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)