*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Good test tonight. Lakers -3.5
    I teach 3rd grade and today I asked them what they’re favorite color combination was. One kid said yellow and purple because of the Lakers, and I said about the Sixers playing them tonight and at least 3 or 4 kids got all excited and were saying they’re rooting for Lebron. These are born and raised Philly kids. Took everything I had not to boot the little fuckers right out of the Google Meet. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    RiotZact said:
    I teach 3rd grade and today I asked them what they’re favorite color combination was. One kid said yellow and purple because of the Lakers, and I said about the Sixers playing them tonight and at least 3 or 4 kids got all excited and were saying they’re rooting for Lebron. These are born and raised Philly kids. Took everything I had not to boot the little fuckers right out of the Google Meet. 
    Bunch of frauds. If this was 20 years ago they would've said the same thing because of Kobe though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    Bunch of frauds. If this was 20 years ago they would've said the same thing because of Kobe though. 
    20 years ago?? When Iverson was in the midst of his MVP campaign?? That would crush my soul. 

I swear I talk about the Sixers all the time and they never give a shit. The other day I asked if they knew who Joel Embiid was and one girl raised her hand with a “I think I might but I’m not sure” look on her face. Then one kid mentions purple and yellow and they freak out. 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    20 years ago?? When Iverson was in the midst of his MVP campaign?? That would crush my soul. 

I swear I talk about the Sixers all the time and they never give a shit. The other day I asked if they knew who Joel Embiid was and one girl raised her hand with a “I think I might but I’m not sure” look on her face. Then one kid mentions purple and yellow and they freak out. 
    Yeah. Lol. There's been frauds amongst us since the beginning of time!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

perfect for here

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

perfect for here

I’m so bad with the “we” rule. I hate it so much but it’s just so second nature at this point I don’t even notice it. Even if I’m typing it out. I think the problem is that I was a huge basketball fan as a kid, and I had no one to talk to about it except my uncle, and he says it SO much. In fact, him and I bet on sports every night, we’ll be on the phone following some random college b-ball team that neither one of us has ever even heard of and he’ll say some stupid shit like “We need a 3 here!”
    I’d imagine the Lakers wearing Sixers colors is driving The Juggler pretty crazy? Pretty lame IMO. 
    Tobias Harris should be an all star. Model of consistency this year.
    Ben being more aggressive needs to happen all the time. He was solid again last night. 
    I'd imagine Jo's back feels absolutely horrible right now. Hopefully he just misses Saturday and is back for the Pacers Sunday.
    Starters now 10-0 when all are playing.

Clap yo motherfucking hands. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    I’d imagine the Lakers wearing Sixers colors is driving The Juggler pretty crazy? Pretty lame IMO. 
    Nike drives me crazy. There is no need for each team to have a million different jerseys. And they seem to be shitty quality too. You see Howard's shorts get torn apart in Detroit? That's happened a bunch of times over the last few years .Fuck Nike. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    Nike drives me crazy. There is no need for each team to have a million different jerseys. And they seem to be shitty quality too. You see Howard's shorts get torn apart in Detroit? That's happened a bunch of times over the last few years .Fuck Nike. 
    Haha that was hilarious. And HE got called for the foul on that one somehow. I can see having an issue with the “city edition” jerseys for sure, and the “earned edition” which are almost always awful. I actually encourage the throwbacks though. I thought the Lakers ones were really nice actually, but why the fuck do you choose to wear them when you are playing the Sixers whose main color and court is the same shade of blue?? Especially when you have like 4 other jerseys that look nothing like any of the Sixers colors?? So dumb. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169

I'd imagine Jo's back feels absolutely horrible right now. 
    LeBron's a sneaky dirty player. Knows when to toss in a subtle dirty shove or similar here and there.
    But the media will never say anything about it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

I'd imagine Jo's back feels absolutely horrible right now. 
    LeBron's a sneaky dirty player. Knows when to toss in a subtle dirty shove or similar here and there.
    But the media will never say anything about it.
    Yeah I was shocked actually. That was obviously a dangerous thing to do but he gave Embiid a weird stare down after and then went immediately to bitching at the refs. He certainly didn’t push him violently or anything but still he should know better and at the very least should have been remorseful. They should have tossed his ass. 
    edited January 2021
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    Haha that was hilarious. And HE got called for the foul on that one somehow. I can see having an issue with the “city edition” jerseys for sure, and the “earned edition” which are almost always awful. I actually encourage the throwbacks though. I thought the Lakers ones were really nice actually, but why the fuck do you choose to wear them when you are playing the Sixers whose main color and court is the same shade of blue?? Especially when you have like 4 other jerseys that look nothing like any of the Sixers colors?? So dumb. 
    I don't like any of it. The home team should wear white. The Lakers colors are purple and gold. The Sixers are red white and blue. The Celtics are green and white. No black. No blue. None of that shit. I hate turning on a random game and not knowing who is who instantly like was the case for a million years before Nike took over. Sorry. This just really bugs me. And it really bugs my wife how I always complain about it. lol

Also, yeah, fuck Lebron.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    I'm OK with maybe 1 alternate jersey but in the same team colors. But seeing the Lakers wearing Sixers colors in Philly was a bit cuckoo.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited January 2021
    Ben being more aggressive needs to happen all the time. He was solid again last night. 
    I'd imagine Jo's back feels absolutely horrible right now. Hopefully he just misses Saturday and is back for the Pacers Sunday.

Solid? wtf - he had 17-11-10 and that is only solid?  a triple double against one of the best teams in the league and it's only 'solid'.  I give up.

and the Lakers uniforms were horrible.  Why the hell are the Lakers wearing blue and white?  
    pjhawks said:

Solid? wtf - he had 17-11-10 and that is only solid?  a triple double against one of the best teams in the league and it's only 'solid'.  I give up.

and the Lakers uniforms were horrible.  Why the hell are the Lakers wearing blue and white?  
    You're a weirdo.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Not gonna lie, thought they were gonna lose that game when the Lakers went on that 14-0 (or whatever it was) run.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Not gonna lie, thought they were gonna lose that game when the Lakers went on that 14-0 (or whatever it was) run.
    Definitely would've lost it in years past. Tobias coming through in the clutch though. He's much improved....or at least much more consistent than last couple years.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

You're a weirdo.
    I may be weird but it isn't because I think a triple double against the Lakers is better than solid.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

You're a weirdo.
    I may be weird but it isn't because I think a triple double against the Lakers is better than solid.
    Oh my goodness! I can't believe this! I also left out Danny Green's amazing three point shooting, Shake and Furkan's scoring off the bench, and Embiid's 28 point effort. I cannot believe I slighted so many players last night! Argh!

Beat it, you semantics squabbling weirdo. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

You're a weirdo.
    Oh my goodness! I can't believe this! I also left out Danny Green's amazing three point shooting, Shake and Furkan's scoring off the bench, and Embiid's 28 point effort. I cannot believe I slighted so many players last night! Argh!

semantics? jeez dude you literally posted 'he was solid again last night'.  there was no misinterpreting what you posted. 
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

You're a weirdo.

semantics? jeez dude you literally posted 'he was solid again last night'.  there was no misinterpreting what you posted. 
    Seems as if you are upset at my choice of wording. Hence, you are squabbling over semantics. Henceforth, you remain a weirdo. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    The home team should wear white. 
    I want to agree with this, but I hate the Sixers current white jerseys so much. I can’t think of another jersey that I’ve loved so much in one color (blue) and hated in another (white). 

My vote would be ditch the white ones completely, wear the blue ones at home, use the standard “PHILA” font on the red ones and make those the standard away jerseys, and have an alternate that is that cream color they’ve used a few times, but with the standard “PHILA” font.  And a throwback every other year or so. 
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

You're a weirdo.

Seems as if you are upset at my choice of wording. Hence, you are squabbling over semantics. Henceforth, you remain a weirdo. 
    Love how stubborn you are to never admit what you posted is wrong. #respect
    edited January 2021
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

You're a weirdo.

He had a solid game. That’s a compliment, weirdo. 

I find it odd that you are so hung up over my choice of phrasing. There is something wrong with you. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yet another solid performance by JoJo. I was certain he was gonna miss some time after that fall. Dude is a beast. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yet another solid performance by JoJo. I was certain he was gonna miss some time after that fall. Dude is a beast. 
    8/9 in the second half and he got his own rebound and scored on that one miss. Keep the MVPiid train rollin’. 

Also, Tobias now has 2 of the best dunks of the season so far. Even on a night where he was uncharacteristically inefficient he had to own that poor rookie to remind everyone that he still means business. Really hope he gets an All-Star nod. 
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

You're a weirdo.

He had a solid game. That’s a compliment, weirdo. 

I find it odd that you are so hung up over my choice of phrasing. There is something wrong with you. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io_mnbNuEOo
    RiotZact said:
    8/9 in the second half and he got his own rebound and scored on that one miss. Keep the MVPiid train rollin’. 

Also, Tobias now has 2 of the best dunks of the season so far. Even on a night where he was uncharacteristically inefficient he had to own that poor rookie to remind everyone that he still means business. Really hope he gets an All-Star nod. 
    Tobias...I can't get over his improvement. Another solid performance last night. Doc has him running with the bench squad more often lately. That shows the confidence he has in him. Just about the only thing he is not doing is getting to the line.

Great win last night. I was thiiiiiis close to turning the channel right before the bench unit started their run. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:

Tobias...I can't get over his improvement. Another solid performance last night. Doc has him running with the bench squad more often lately. That shows the confidence he has in him. Just about the only thing he is not doing is getting to the line.

Great win last night. I was thiiiiiis close to turning the channel right before the bench unit started their run. 
    Yeah what a game! How deadly was Thybulle in that zone D? And Kork on the other end? Talk about 2 guys that have been shit on by the fan base this year stepping up to prove their worth.