Donald Trump

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mrussel1 said:
    Senate passes 55-45 a resolution that the trial is Constitutional.  That does not bode well for a conviction.  The question is whether Trump is more damaged by being impeached and never tried or if he is rehabilitated by acquittal. It may not make sense to try him now. 

Wouldn't they be setting a worse precedent by not trying him?

I say get every Republican on record as being for or against our democracy. 
    you know, I keep seeing this said by a few people. having republicans on record doing or saying shitty things these days only seems to help them. 
    & not trying to hold trump & the others behind what happened on 1/6 accountable only helps them too.

Democrats are damned if they do & damned if they don't. So fuck it? Don't even try? 

Fuck that. Try the piece of shit. If Republicans vote not to convict that's on them. Don't let the guy of the hook because his cronies are corrupt too. 

I'm quite certain the Founding Fathers didn't envision an executive branch free from oversight or accountability. 
    I am 100% behind the trial moving forward. All I'm saying is to that one point, that making sure their vote is on record will literally do zero to hurt their chances next election. and in many cases, will likely help their chances. 
    If impeachment stood that much of a chance to help the GOP, I highly doubt they would be so firmly against it.

They don't want to vote on record (again) for or against him. They want this to go away. 
    they are firmly against it because many of them have seen what trump has done to elevate their own brand. It positions them better in the future if he's allowed to continue down the path of the possibility of him holding office again. it doesn't matter if he doesn't run in 4 years. it matters if he's able to, to keep the movement alive. 
    Every Republican in Congress right now knows not siding with Trump will cause the howling mob to turn on them. Some have already seen it happen to them. Ask Mike Pence how he enjoyed the response when he refused to illegally interfere in the election certification. They are more concerned with that than doing what is right. My guess is that the more mainstream Republicans think they can control the Trump lunatics, but we have seen how that worked out. 
    Beholden to a "movement" that saw Trump become the first president since Hoover to lose the house, senate and presidency in one term. Unreal. 

Political weaklings. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Senate passes 55-45 a resolution that the trial is Constitutional.  That does not bode well for a conviction.  The question is whether Trump is more damaged by being impeached and never tried or if he is rehabilitated by acquittal. It may not make sense to try him now. 

you know, I keep seeing this said by a few people. having republicans on record doing or saying shitty things these days only seems to help them. 
    & not trying to hold trump & the others behind what happened on 1/6 accountable only helps them too.

Democrats are damned if they do & damned if they don't. So fuck it? Don't even try? 

Fuck that. Try the piece of shit. If Republicans vote not to convict that's on them. Don't let the guy of the hook because his cronies are corrupt too. 

I'm quite certain the Founding Fathers didn't envision an executive branch free from oversight or accountability. 
    I am 100% behind the trial moving forward. All I'm saying is to that one point, that making sure their vote is on record will literally do zero to hurt their chances next election. and in many cases, will likely help their chances. 
    If impeachment stood that much of a chance to help the GOP, I highly doubt they would be so firmly against it.

They don't want to vote on record (again) for or against him. They want this to go away. 
    they are firmly against it because many of them have seen what trump has done to elevate their own brand. It positions them better in the future if he's allowed to continue down the path of the possibility of him holding office again. it doesn't matter if he doesn't run in 4 years. it matters if he's able to, to keep the movement alive. 
    So make them vote for trump, or vote to uphold their oath of office. They can't vote for both. Put them on the spot and make them say it. 

If they vote to acquit & the dregs of our society appreciate them more for that, then so be it.

It's a risk worth taking. 
    On one hand they've already had a lot of chances to either side with Trump or side with good/sane/America/democracy. One more time picking Trump probably won't hurt them.

On the other hand, he'll probably be acquitted on party lines. And I think most people will understand it was a partisan vote. So I don't think it will really validate him.  So I see it as low risk with a 95% chance at no reward and a 5% chance at huge reward.  Go for it. A president tried to incite takeover of the government. In the long run, it probably doesn't make a huge difference, but don't be the party that just shrugs its shoulders. Be the party that says this cannot just be swept away.
    Thank you. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:

Every Republican in Congress right now knows not siding with Trump will cause the howling mob to turn on them. Some have already seen it happen to them. Ask Mike Pence how he enjoyed the response when he refused to illegally interfere in the election certification. They are more concerned with that than doing what is right. My guess is that the more mainstream Republicans think they can control the Trump lunatics, but we have seen how that worked out. 
    Beholden to a "movement" that saw Trump become the first president since Hoover to lose the house, senate and presidency in one term. Unreal. 

Political weaklings. 
    he also increased the number of people that voted for him in that term by 10 million. that ain't nothin. this could easily swing back in 2024. or even 2022. liberals were emboldened this time around. only time will tell how "urgent" they feel next election. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2021
    mrussel1 said:

Political weaklings. 
    he also increased the number of people that voted for him in that term by 10 million. that ain't nothin. this could easily swing back in 2024. or even 2022. liberals were emboldened this time around. only time will tell how "urgent" they feel next election. 
    Yeah, and Biden increased HIllary's by 15 million. lol

Only 25% of Americans identify as Republicans nowadays too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:

Political weaklings. 

i'm aware of that (remember she was the "worst candidate in history"?), but depending how biden does, and who the nominee is in 2024, it could be a very different story. liberals have been fucking angry for 4 plus years. to me that's the most important part. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    mrussel1 said:

Political weaklings. 
    put Stacey  Abrams in charge of that

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited January 2021
    mrussel1 said:

Political weaklings. 

i'm aware of that (remember she was the "worst candidate in history"?), but depending how biden does, and who the nominee is in 2024, it could be a very different story. liberals have been fucking angry for 4 plus years. to me that's the most important part. 
    Even when running against a horrible candidate 4 years ago, he lost the pop vote by almost 3 million. I don't see the dems nominating someone as bad as Hillary. 

I think the republican party is in for a rude awakening if they continue down the maga path...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited January 2021
    i mean, sure, history won't look on them kindly, but how many of these people actually give a fuck about their legacy? All they care about is power right now. if they cared about their legacy, they wouldn't have backed trump from the beginning. 
    If they win long term, history will look at them like shining star super freedom fighters. And that’s what they want and ultimate believe of themselves and their party
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    i mean, sure, history won't look on them kindly, but how many of these people actually give a fuck about their legacy? All they care about is power right now. if they cared about their legacy, they wouldn't have backed trump from the beginning. 
    If they win long term history will look at them like shining star super freedom fighters. And that’s what they want and ultimate believe of themselves and their party
    i don't think so. I think it will be recognized as a dark time in US history, and those who supported him will be as well. especially the more prominent ones. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:

Political weaklings. 

If trump wasn’t on the ticket joe would absolutely not gotten those record numbers.  A great percentage of the high turnout was either people completely for Trump or completely against him.  Sure there were millions that loved candidate joe, but again without running against actual twitler, I don’t see him driving those numbers based on excitement about his actual candidacy.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Political weaklings. 

If trump wasn’t on the ticket joe would absolutely not gotten those record numbers.  A great percentage of the high turnout was either people completely for Trump or completely against him.  Sure there were millions that loved candidate joe, but again without running against actual twitler, I don’t see him driving those numbers based on excitement about his actual candidacy.
    agreed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Murduuuuuur! Attempted muuuuurrrrduuuuuuur! The repubs won’t stop at anything!!!!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    seems odd.....
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    timing is interesting.

probably no foul play at all, but the dems can't ever get anything to go their way in these impeachments..
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited January 2021
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Political weaklings. 

Who else would've been on the ticket other than the incumbent though? This is an odd hypothetical.

But, of course, Trump drove those numbers up. That is also kind of my point....for however many people Trump got out to the polling booths, he encouraged even more people to vote against him. And that is not the kind of "movement" that is sustainable for the GOP. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    So Kellyanne Conway tweeted a nude photo of her daughter last night.  16 year old daughter.

Unreal.
    Just saw this story,  crazy on so many levels.  Authorities investigating. Why would she have a picture of her daughter like that? And even if a mistake will be interesting to see if she gets charged
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Maybe The Joker finally got him

This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Or this guy. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    Vt has a gop governor.... 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mickeyrat said:
    Mitch is drooling.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Mitch is drooling.
    I can see Manchin flipping.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Mitch is drooling.
    Parties?
  • mrussel1 said:
    KOnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Mitch is drooling.
    Parties?
    Yup.

Brilliantati©
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Dems need to ram that Covid package through like it is named the Amy Comey Barrett/Covid 19 rescue bill.  By Feb 3rd.

Fuck those traitors.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    KOnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Mitch is drooling.
    Parties?
    Yup.
    I don't know about that.  He has 4 years before next election I believe.  He doesn't strike me as Zell Miller here.  I think he's in a good political spot right now. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    pjhawks said:
    So Kellyanne Conway tweeted a nude photo of her daughter last night.  16 year old daughter.

Unreal.
    Just saw this story,  crazy on so many levels.  Authorities investigating. Why would she have a picture of her daughter like that? And even if a mistake will be interesting to see if she gets charged
    Yeah and it sounds like it was posted almost as revenge porn.  Really strange.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    pjhawks said:

Unreal.
    My warped brain is going to Claudia grabbing Kellyanne's phone while mom was in the shower or something and posting it herself on mom's twitter to get mom in trouble.
    Their relationship seems so broken that it almost seems plausible.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

Unreal.
    My warped brain is going to Claudia grabbing Kellyanne's phone while mom was in the shower or something and posting it herself on mom's twitter to get mom in trouble.
    Their relationship seems so broken that it almost seems plausible.
    also possible...

Claudia had mentioned that KA must have screenshotted the topless photo when her phone had been taken away from her and that KA's phone may have been hacked.  "Hacked" might mean just what you described.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Honestly though....her videos on tiktok are not appropriate for a 16 year old.  I honestly thought (at first) that she was older so I fell like a perv for some thoughts I had but she really lays it all out in her videos.

I can't even imagine how I would handle that if it were my kid.  

This discussion has been closed.