Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Here in Ontario, we went from testing 60 000 to 36 000 with the latest results...and cases dropped.  See Trump was right, test less and have fewer cases...jeesh.  Ontario is now becoming a clown show...my entire area only has only 2 or 3 places to get tested...and if you don't drive then you are fucked.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Forgot to quote the interview.
    This sounds a little misleading with elements of truth in it.
    These vaccines were rushed. He says at least twice they weren’t. That’s not true, they flat out were. They didn’t receive the typical FDA process and approval, they were granted emergency use. That’s enough right there to say it was rushed.
    These vaccines haven’t been developed over 17 years either. He doesn’t really say these vaccines were developed over 17 years, kind of totes the line and dancing around it and says it’s a 17 year process. I’d rate that partially true since the knowledge they gained over the last 17 years did help make this vaccine. But we don’t even know how effective the vaccines are against the new strains of Covid-19. It would be more accurate to say these vaccines are new, but utilize the research over the last 17 years to make them.
    The vaccine trials went from phase 1 to phase 3 and emergency approval in about 4 months. That is extremely rushed by any standards, I don’t know why anyone would try to convince people otherwise. Instead of saying it wasn’t rushed, just say we used 17 years of research to develop this vaccine. It was tested on tens of thousands and now millions have received it without any concerns of severe side effects or long term effects. Because that’s what it is. 
    I’m not anti this vaccine, I plan to take it when eligible in 2 or 3 months. Just didn’t think that interview was very accurate.
    Of course it was rushed, that doesn't mean it doesn't work or is dangerous. It means circumstances were so dire that they had to speed up the process. Would people rather have them sit on a vaccine that was proven effective on 60,000 trial participants so it could be tested on another 60,000? Wasting time, costing lives just so they could follow the "acceptable time frame"? Circumstances dictate how quickly science and every other part of our world functions. Anytime something great happens these days it must be rigged or illegitimate. Good thing we didn't have this mindset in the past...

• The Declaration of Independence was written in 17 days, Congress only took 2 days to look it over. They should have taken at least a year to iron out the details.
    • The US was manufacturing 200 airplanes and 4 ships a day during WWII. They rushed it, should have spent more time testing each one. Europe and Asia could have waited while we followed an acceptable time frame. 
    • They rushed the Manhattan Project, we should have tested more bombs and not used them on Japan. A full invasion of Japan was the better route and would have only cost 500,000 American lives.
    • We should have never joined the space race. It was dangerous and we should have spent several more years testing rockets, let the Russians take the risk of getting to the moon, its just not safe and has never been done.  
    • PJ completed Ten in a week. They rushed it, should have taken more time working on the mix and then released in 1992. They wasted two years touring because they rushed the album. 

Bottom line, celebrate mankind's accomplishments. A 90% effective vaccine is an all time achievement but yet here we are debating its legitimacy. I can't imagine people in 1919 arguing about a flu vaccine had they been fortunate to have one. No they would have taken it and saved millions of lives. Almost 70 million people already vaccinated worldwide, with a tiny percentage of side effects. Yet the media and the conspiracy theory goons will be on the lookout for each and every allergic reaction. Sucks to live in a world where it feels like half of society would rather we crash and burn than actually advance. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,472
    edited January 2021
    Poncier said:
    I thought I had COVID this weekend.  Came on with massive chills and body aches Friday night.  Felt slightly better Saturday but still aches and fever.  Sunday had a fever of 103 in the am but was back to normal by 6pm or so.  It was about a 48 hour ordeal.

I did get a COVID test Saturday afternoon...got the results at 3am this morning as negative.

Just the flu I guess.
    Can take up to 5 days after exposure for positive test to result, so maybe get another test Tuesday or Wednesday to be sure.
    But if it was Covid I likely would have been exposed at least 5-7 days ago right?  
    5-7 from the day of first symptoms (Friday) with 5 being most reported of any possibilities. 

In BC they contract trace backwards of 10 days from symptom onset.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,816
    mace1229 said:
    These vaccines were rushed. He says at least twice they weren’t. That’s not true, they flat out were. They didn’t receive the typical FDA process and approval, they were granted emergency use. That’s enough right there to say it was rushed.
    These vaccines haven’t been developed over 17 years either. He doesn’t really say these vaccines were developed over 17 years, kind of totes the line and dancing around it and says it’s a 17 year process. I’d rate that partially true since the knowledge they gained over the last 17 years did help make this vaccine. But we don’t even know how effective the vaccines are against the new strains of Covid-19. It would be more accurate to say these vaccines are new, but utilize the research over the last 17 years to make them.
    The vaccine trials went from phase 1 to phase 3 and emergency approval in about 4 months. That is extremely rushed by any standards, I don’t know why anyone would try to convince people otherwise. Instead of saying it wasn’t rushed, just say we used 17 years of research to develop this vaccine. It was tested on tens of thousands and now millions have received it without any concerns of severe side effects or long term effects. Because that’s what it is. 
    I’m not anti this vaccine, I plan to take it when eligible in 2 or 3 months. Just didn’t think that interview was very accurate.
    Of course it was rushed, that doesn't mean it doesn't work or is dangerous. It means circumstances were so dire that they had to speed up the process. Would people rather have them sit on a vaccine that was proven effective on 60,000 trial participants so it could be tested on another 60,000? Wasting time, costing lives just so they could follow the "acceptable time frame"? Circumstances dictate how quickly science and every other part of our world functions. Anytime something great happens these days it must be rigged or illegitimate. Good thing we didn't have this mindset in the past...

• The Declaration of Independence was written in 17 days, Congress only took 2 days to look it over. They should have taken at least a year to iron out the details.
    • The US was manufacturing 200 airplanes and 4 ships a day during WWII. They rushed it, should have spent more time testing each one. Europe and Asia could have waited while we followed an acceptable time frame. 
    • They rushed the Manhattan Project, we should have tested more bombs and not used them on Japan. A full invasion of Japan was the better route and would have only cost 500,000 American lives.
    • We should have never joined the space race. It was dangerous and we should have spent several more years testing rockets, let the Russians take the risk of getting to the moon, its just not safe and has never been done.  
    • PJ completed Ten in a week. They rushed it, should have taken more time working on the mix and then released in 1992. They wasted two years touring because they rushed the album. 

Bottom line, celebrate mankind's accomplishments. A 90% effective vaccine is an all time achievement but yet here we are debating its legitimacy. I can't imagine people in 1919 arguing about a flu vaccine had they been fortunate to have one. No they would have taken it and saved millions of lives. Almost 70 million people already vaccinated worldwide, with a tiny percentage of side effects. Yet the media and the conspiracy theory goons will be on the lookout for each and every allergic reaction. Sucks to live in a world where it feels like half of society would rather we crash and burn than actually advance. 
    i recently saw another article by a local newspaper that highlighted one nurse who had an "adverse event" from the vaccine. 

and it's these types of anecdotes that gets people up in arms thinking it's fucking dangerous and they won't take it, risking herd immunity for the rest of us. all the while shouting "do your research" and "don't be a sheep!", meanwhile their research consists of one loser on twitter who had a friend who was hospitalized after the vaccine. 

or now people are claiming hank aaron died from it. jesus. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,996
    edited January 2021
    mace1229 said:

I didn’t criticize the vaccine. Even said I plan to take it. You said another post was wrong for saying this vaccine was rushed, said yourself it wasn’t and then shared an interview where a college professor (I think, can’t remember who the guy was) said it wasn’t rushed and had been worked on for 17 years. That isn’t true. It absolutely was rushed, and you seem to agree now. And it has only been developed for about 8 months, not 17 years. They used 17 years worth of research and knowledge to develop it.
    That doesn’t mean the vaccine is bad, or we shouldn't take it (I said I plan to) or that it should not have been fast-tracked or mean that Pearl Jam should have taken more time with 10. It just means I disagree when someone says it wasn’t rushed. That’s not saying it was bad decision, let’s just not pretend it wasn't rushed.
  • Options
    What even is this

https://youtu.be/wuooYaeY-YY
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,492
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

or now people are claiming hank aaron died from it. jesus. 
    Read the tweet a little more carefully.  Had Hammering Hank contracted Covid on January 6th and passed 16 days later, under today's standards for counting C19 deaths, how does that not constitute a vax death?  Even Berenson acknowledges he doesn't know what killed him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1352655215460282370

• Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    edited January 2021
    Deleted.  Did not mean to alter any post to look like it said what it didn't.  Was only proving my point that if I contract Covid, write a book, go sky diving, then die in a plane crash 20 later my death would count as a Covid death.  If I took the vax, did all the same as above, why should my death not count as a vax death?
    Post edited by gvn2fly1421 on
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    On more thing before I head back In Hiding...

For all the "Follow the science" crowd, can you explain the science behind California having the harshest lockdowns and mandates of any state, and now has a new strain causing a surge...

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2021-01-23/coronavirus-california-strain-homegrown

...yet Lord Newsom has decided to open the state back up.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/01/25/california-lifts-covid-19-stay-at-home-order/

It has never been about "the science", it has always been about the "political science".

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    In the weeks and months after people get coronavirus we will indeed see people die. Some will die to myocardial infarcts, some will die of strokes, some of pulmonary emboli, some of pneumonia, some of cancer, and some of dementia. Some will also die of motorvehicle crashes, gunshot wounds, and food poisoning. In addition, some people will get married, some will get divorced, some will change job and some will move house. You might even get a few who write a book or record a song. That's because all of these things happen as life goes on - the pandemic doesn't make them stop, and coronavirus doesn't make them stop. 

It's just as silly to argue that coronavirus is causing novels to happen as it is to argue that it's causing all of the deaths that occur afterward.

We have data from tens of thousands of people in controlled trials, and now we are gathering data from millions of people. At this point the data do not show an increased risk of death related to coronavirus

Correlation is not causation. 
    This is PERFECT!  Now, substitute "coronavirus" for "vaccinated" and you prove my point as far as counting Covid deaths.  If we count covid deaths one way, it is only fair to count vax deaths the same way.
    Do not edit people’s posts to make it look like they have said what they did not 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    In the weeks and months after people get coronavirus we will indeed see people die. Some will die to myocardial infarcts, some will die of strokes, some of pulmonary emboli, some of pneumonia, some of cancer, and some of dementia. Some will also die of motorvehicle crashes, gunshot wounds, and food poisoning. In addition, some people will get married, some will get divorced, some will change job and some will move house. You might even get a few who write a book or record a song. That's because all of these things happen as life goes on - the pandemic doesn't make them stop, and coronavirus doesn't make them stop. 

It's just as silly to argue that coronavirus is causing novels to happen as it is to argue that it's causing all of the deaths that occur afterward.

We have data from tens of thousands of people in controlled trials, and now we are gathering data from millions of people. At this point the data do not show an increased risk of death related to coronavirus

This is PERFECT!  Now, substitute "coronavirus" for "vaccinated" and you prove my point as far as counting Covid deaths.  If we count covid deaths one way, it is only fair to count vax deaths the same way.
    Also, no. You seem to have no knowledge of infectious diseases. 
  • Options
    The UK had manageable levels at the time of the new variant.  But then its gone wild here. I know so many that have it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

Do not edit people’s posts to make it look like they have said what they did not 
    I deleted.  Sorry, I was not trying to alter your post.  Explained above.
  • Options

Care to explain how my post is wrong?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,219
    This is insane. Arguing with a person who a few days ago suggested that we can end this now that Biden is elected is not worth the time. After a year of this shit, nothing is going to change your warped view now. Understandable to be unsure back in April last year, but now is just ignoring reality. But sure, the democratic hoax continues!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

I deleted.  Sorry, I was not trying to alter your post.  Explained above.
    Bullshit to claim you weren’t trying to alter my post. You did alter the post. The explanation of why you did is irrelevant. 
  • Options
    Bullshit to claim you weren’t trying to alter my post. You did alter the post. The explanation of why you did is irrelevant. 
    I thought it was clear in response that I was substituting words with the quotes that we're used.  Again, I apologize.  I will clear up my intent in the next post.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,816
    you'd think when developing this website forum that they'd make it impossible to alter a quoted post. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    In the weeks and months after people get vaccinated we will indeed see people die. Some will die to myocardial infarcts, some will die of strokes, some of pulmonary emboli, some of pneumonia, some of cancer, and some of dementia. Some will also die of motorvehicle crashes, gunshot wounds, and food poisoning. In addition, some people will get married, some will get divorced, some will change job and some will move house. You might even get a few who write a book or record a song. That's because all of these things happen as life goes on - the pandemic doesn't make them stop, and vaccination doesn't make them stop. 

It's just as silly to argue that vaccination is causing novels to happen as it is to argue that it's causing all of the deaths that occur afterward.

We have data from tens of thousands of people in controlled trials, and now we are gathering data from millions of people. At this point the data do not show an increased risk of death related to vaccination. 

Great post @often@oftenreading

Now, when I TAKE YOUR POST and substitute "coronavirus" for "vaccinated" (or some variant thereof) you absolutely nailed what I was trying to say.  

"In the weeks and months after people get coronavirus we will indeed see people die. Some will die to myocardial infarcts, some will die of strokes, some of pulmonary emboli, some of pneumonia, some of cancer, and some of dementia. Some will also die of motorvehicle crashes, gunshot wounds, and food poisoning. In addition, some people will get married, some will get divorced, some will change job and some will move house. You might even get a few who write a book or record a song. That's because all of these things happen as life goes on - the pandemic doesn't make them stop, and coronavirus doesn't make them stop. 

It's just as silly to argue that coronavirus is causing novels to happen as it is to argue that it's causing all of the deaths that occur afterward.

Correlation is not causation."

If we are counting covid deaths one way, why can we not vaccine deaths the same?
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    This is insane. Arguing with a person who a few days ago suggested that we can end this now that Biden is elected is not worth the time. After a year of this shit, nothing is going to change your warped view now. Understandable to be unsure back in April last year, but now is just ignoring reality. But sure, the democratic hoax continues!
    Please explain California to me.  The "science" does not suggest they should open back up.  Why are they?

And for the record, I consider myself a moderate on a lot of things, left leaning on some and right on the rest.  As many "right wing", "Q", or 'Trumpers" that I read on twitter, I search out the Andy Slavitts, Eric Fiegl-Ding, and the likes as well.  None of anything I am saying does not come from one point of view, however on this issue I guess I align with all the conspiracy theorists.  I am begging of y'all, change my mind..
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,996
    you'd think when developing this website forum that they'd make it impossible to alter a quoted post. By the way, I love the Backstreet Boys.
    I'm more of an N'SYNC guy myself. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,472
    edited January 2021
    Haha!

^Love how you did that edit! I'm more of a Spice Girl fan because I like Scary Spice's boots that have a hole in them! 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I prefer Nickleback...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It's called a hit job.

That's what the "news" does now.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,492
    dankind said:
    It's called a hit job.

The ''news''..do you trust them??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    23scidoo said:
    dankind said:
    It's called a hit job.

The ''news''..do you trust them??
    AP, Reuters, AFP.

Everything else is commentary.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

Care to explain how my post is wrong?

If I were to spend my time countering every incorrect, false or misleading post on this forum, it would be a full time job, and a poorly paid one at that. 
This discussion has been closed.