Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

#46 President Joe Biden

1568101159

Comments

  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo FacePosts: 6,178
    edited January 21
    you know that isn't real, right?
    Not the point. You're telling me you don't see this coming? Same with the debt debate, already on its crawl out of the grave.
    it is part of the point to me. hannity deserves all the scorn coming to him, however, if he gets it because of something fake or fabricated, it diminishes the credence given to criticism that is warranted. 
    So the satire of the reality, which is to the point where the reality has exceeded the satire for the past four years, shouldn't be a thing and/or is too much for you to handle? I mean i get it.
    all i was asking was if you knew it was fake. because your "annnd just like that" told me otherwise. i think it's important to make sure we know the difference between reality and satire, even if sometimes it feels like they intersect. 
    Yeah, nah, Fox News should never be taken seriously so differentiating between the two doesn't matter.
    A person that knowingly posts fake content, passing it off as true, should not be taken seriously either.

  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 26,003
    PJPOWER said:
    you know that isn't real, right?
    Not the point. You're telling me you don't see this coming? Same with the debt debate, already on its crawl out of the grave.
    it is part of the point to me. hannity deserves all the scorn coming to him, however, if he gets it because of something fake or fabricated, it diminishes the credence given to criticism that is warranted. 
    So the satire of the reality, which is to the point where the reality has exceeded the satire for the past four years, shouldn't be a thing and/or is too much for you to handle? I mean i get it.
    all i was asking was if you knew it was fake. because your "annnd just like that" told me otherwise. i think it's important to make sure we know the difference between reality and satire, even if sometimes it feels like they intersect. 
    Yeah, nah, Fox News should never be taken seriously so differentiating between the two doesn't matter.
    A person that knowingly posts fake content, passing it off as true, should not be taken seriously either.

    or maybe it's just backpeddling because they didn't know it was fake
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)


  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 6,015
    you know that isn't real, right?
    Not the point. You're telling me you don't see this coming? Same with the debt debate, already on its crawl out of the grave.
    it is part of the point to me. hannity deserves all the scorn coming to him, however, if he gets it because of something fake or fabricated, it diminishes the credence given to criticism that is warranted. 
    So the satire of the reality, which is to the point where the reality has exceeded the satire for the past four years, shouldn't be a thing and/or is too much for you to handle? I mean i get it.
    The difference is sharing a meme as a joke vs sharing it as fact. To me it looked like it was being shared as fact based on the short description provided. I think HFD asking if you knew it was real or not was fair. There's plenty of fake memes floating around that get shared as real. Maybe you knew, I honestly have no idea, it wasn't clear. 
    As a joke I find that meme pretty funny.  But that's all it was. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 34,042
    You know what they say about "half of what you see, and none of what your hear"...
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo FacePosts: 6,178
    PJPOWER said:
    you know that isn't real, right?
    Not the point. You're telling me you don't see this coming? Same with the debt debate, already on its crawl out of the grave.
    it is part of the point to me. hannity deserves all the scorn coming to him, however, if he gets it because of something fake or fabricated, it diminishes the credence given to criticism that is warranted. 
    So the satire of the reality, which is to the point where the reality has exceeded the satire for the past four years, shouldn't be a thing and/or is too much for you to handle? I mean i get it.
    all i was asking was if you knew it was fake. because your "annnd just like that" told me otherwise. i think it's important to make sure we know the difference between reality and satire, even if sometimes it feels like they intersect. 
    Yeah, nah, Fox News should never be taken seriously so differentiating between the two doesn't matter.
    A person that knowingly posts fake content, passing it off as true, should not be taken seriously either.

    or maybe it's just backpeddling because they didn't know it was fake
    Probably, backpedaling and doubling down.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 6,015
    edited January 21
    brianlux said:
    You know what they say about "half of what you see, and none of what your hear"...
    Did you read or hear this? If you heard this then it isn't true, which makes everything you hear true? I'm not sure what to believe now...
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 7,955
    edited January 21
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    You know what they say about "half of what you see, and none of what your hear"...
    Did you read or hear this? If you heard this then it isn't true, which makes everything you hear true? I'm not sure what to believe now...
    I heard it through the grapevine, but my baby, she wrote me a letter so I read the news today, oh boy.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere.Posts: 4,485
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 34,042
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    You know what they say about "half of what you see, and none of what your hear"...
    Did you read or hear this? If you heard this then it isn't true, which makes everything you hear true? I'm not sure what to believe now...
    Did you read or hear this?
    I heard it first on a Lou Reed album and then read it later when searching to find out who originated the saying.  There seems to be varying accounts as to who coined the phrase.

    If you heard this then it isn't true, which makes everything you hear true?
    It's unclear whether you mean this to be a statement or a question.

    I'm not sure what to believe now...
    Sorry, I can't help you there.


    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 3,675
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    You know what they say about "half of what you see, and none of what your hear"...
    Did you read or hear this? If you heard this then it isn't true, which makes everything you hear true? I'm not sure what to believe now...

    Why do they call them APARTments when the units are all joined together?
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 27,649
    Because plans don't ever take time to implement and the outgoing administration is always non-cooperative during the transition and usually, or always, does everything it can to sabotage the success of the incoming administration during the transition. Plus, all the Js and Bs are missing from ALL of the government's keyboards. See? Normal, normal, same, same. Ta Da!
    09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA;

    "If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

    Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

    Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 20,921

    starting from scratch will take time for sure.
    now 2 or 3 variants more contagious than before?

    if you had the expectation this was an overnight thing well what the fuck were you thinking?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 27,649
    I heard that President Biden went looking for the binder on what and how to address a pandemic but the POOTWH took it with him for some bed time reading? Is that true?
    09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA;

    "If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

    Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

    Brilliantati©
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 775
    I heard that President Biden went looking for the binder on what and how to address a pandemic but the POOTWH took it with him for some bed time reading? Is that true?
    Most likely only if it had coloring pages. 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific NorthwestPosts: 4,867
    I heard that President Biden went looking for the binder on what and how to address a pandemic but the POOTWH took it with him for some bed time reading? Is that true?
    Most likely only if it had coloring pages. 

  • tbergstbergs Posts: 7,955
    Oh yay, a trolling post that even comes with a Breitbart link. How pathetic. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 762
    edited January 23
    What about the Biden grandkids maskless on Federal property?  Did y’all see that one?  By the way, Hunter’s kid was not in the photo for those wondering.  Rules are for thee, not for me.
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 762
    Just in case you didn’t see it, look at how rough the media is on them...

    https://mobile.twitter.com/jeneps/status/1352070810182295558
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 26,003
    the date on that was the 20th. had biden signed that EO yet? i noticed the second pic they were all wearing masks. 

    let me know when biden incites an insurrection.  

    where were you the past year when trump and several top republicans refused to wear masks where they were LAW? oh right, fox and breitbart didn't report on those. 
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)


  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 762
    Thanks Hugh, great call!  Do you recite everything you read on literally every MSM outlet?  Please show me where Trump incited an “Erection” (see Schumer) Remind me of that time Trudeau bolted your locked down country for Greener pastures.  Rules are Hugh, not for me.


    https://torontosun.com/news/national/where-in-the-world-is-justin-trudeau
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 12,073
    Thanks Hugh, great call!  Do you recite everything you read on literally every MSM outlet?  Please show me where Trump incited an “Erection” (see Schumer) Remind me of that time Trudeau bolted your locked down country for Greener pastures.  Rules are Hugh, not for me.


    https://torontosun.com/news/national/where-in-the-world-is-justin-trudeau
    The greener pastures of Quebec?


    Guess you’re not familiar with Quebec in the winter :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 775
    Hobbes said:
    I heard that President Biden went looking for the binder on what and how to address a pandemic but the POOTWH took it with him for some bed time reading? Is that true?
    Most likely only if it had coloring pages. 

    🤣that might a bit too advanced for him, but I am sure he will give it his best try. 
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 762
    You got me man!  Y’all remember when Uncle Joe said he would not ban fracking??  I do.  Took him only three days.  Hell, I still remember when he promised much needed help to Americans in the form of checks.  It’s almost like this guy is a career politician!

    https://mobile.twitter.com/MaryVought/status/1352566989903056896
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 7,955
    You got me man!  Y’all remember when Uncle Joe said he would not ban fracking??  I do.  Took him only three days.  Hell, I still remember when he promised much needed help to Americans in the form of checks.  It’s almost like this guy is a career politician!

    https://mobile.twitter.com/MaryVought/status/1352566989903056896
    Go ahead and twist things to however it fits you're warped narrative. No point arguing with someone who runs with half truths. Maybe do a little more research and less fear mongering. Fracking isn't banned.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, INPosts: 4,429
    Oh dear lord. Someone appears to have gotten into a combination of extreme far right Facebook pages and daddy's liquor. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 48,153
    edited January 23
    I am not sure if this has already been brought up, but I was just thinking about what I probably found most striking about the inaguration: how fucking RELIGIOUS and CHRISTIAN it was. I mean, it was practically like a church service from beginning to end. SO many Christian references, prayers, hymns, preachers, priests, multiple Bibles, giant Bibles... I was pretty shocked by it. Do Americans realize how totally weird and inappropriate this seems to the rest of the western world? Has the concept of the separation of Church and State been utterly abandoned by all parties in the US now? The inauguration made me assume so.... Although it did occur to me in a generous moment that maybe this was intentionally done for the sake of all the Trump cultists/evangelicals. ??? Did they decide to try and prove to all of them that the Biden adminstration hasn't been sent by the Devil? :pensive:
    Anyway, nice moments aside, I found it pretty fucking disturbing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 34,042
    edited January 23
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am not sure if this has already been brought up, but I was just thinking about what I probably found most striking about the inaguration: how fucking RELIGIOUS and CHRISTIAN it was. I mean, it was practically like a church service from beginning to end. SO many Christian references, prayers, hymns, preachers, priests, multiple Bibles, giant Bibles... I was pretty shocked by it. Do Americans realize how totally weird and inappropriate this seems to the rest of the western world? Has the concept of the separation of Church and State been utterly abandoned by all parties in the US now? The inauguration made me assume so.... Although it did occur to me in a generous moment that maybe this was intentionally done for the sake of all the Trump cultists/evangelicals. ??? Did they decide to try and prove to all of them that the Biden adminstration hasn't been sent by the Devil? :pensive:
    Anyway, nice moments aside, I found it pretty fucking disturbing.

    Oh my, I will pray for your soul, Allison.

    LOL, just kidding!  Yeah, I actually did notice a lot of religion there, but it didn't strike me as unusual for this sort of affair.

     You know what I really dug though?  Amanda Gorman's poem, and the way she delivered it!  Did you catch that?  Now that was righteous!  :smiley:
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 48,153
    edited January 23
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am not sure if this has already been brought up, but I was just thinking about what I probably found most striking about the inaguration: how fucking RELIGIOUS and CHRISTIAN it was. I mean, it was practically like a church service from beginning to end. SO many Christian references, prayers, hymns, preachers, priests, multiple Bibles, giant Bibles... I was pretty shocked by it. Do Americans realize how totally weird and inappropriate this seems to the rest of the western world? Has the concept of the separation of Church and State been utterly abandoned by all parties in the US now? The inauguration made me assume so.... Although it did occur to me in a generous moment that maybe this was intentionally done for the sake of all the Trump cultists/evangelicals. ??? Did they decide to try and prove to all of them that the Biden adminstration hasn't been sent by the Devil? :pensive:
    Anyway, nice moments aside, I found it pretty fucking disturbing.

    Oh my, I will pray for your soul, Allison.

    LOL, just kidding!  Yeah, I actually did notice a lot of religion there, but it didn't strike me as unusual for this sort of affair.

     You know what I really dug though?  Amanda Gorman's poem!  Did you catch that?  Now that was righteous!  :smiley:

    Hahaha, I thought someone else was replying when I read that first sentence Brian (pretty sure that person was banned a long time ago though :lol:

    Oh my gosh, yes, Gorman was AMAZING. The absolute highlight of the day (week? Month? Year?) for me. Everything about her reading inspired me - it was so beautiful, WOW .... I wish there had been a lot more if that kind of inspiration in the whole thing, and a LOT less of the Christian stuff, which to me seems terribly inappropriate for anything being conducted by a legitimate modern government. Like, unless it's Vatican City I suppose, it's bizarre to see it in the first world. 

    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Sign In or Register to comment.