so really...best cheese steak in Philly is????

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

This is Cosmi's, around the corner from Cheesesteak Vegas (Geno's and Pat's). Go to Cosmi's.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201

This is Cosmi's, around the corner from Cheesesteak Vegas (Geno's and Pat's). Go to Cosmi's.
    It makes me so sad to walk into Cosmi’s and see the employees standing around with nothing to do, knowing that there are lines wrapped around buildings just a couple of blocks away. 
    RiotZact said:

It makes me so sad to walk into Cosmi’s and see the employees standing around with nothing to do, knowing that there are lines wrapped around buildings just a couple of blocks away. 
    They got hit hard when a gas explosion happened on their block, too. They're good people, I will gladly give them my money over and over.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

Oh wow that looks amazing.  Loving the seasame seeds on the bun.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Cutlet from Dinics. Lettuce, tomato and mayo. Added sharp prov, roasted peppers and long hots. It was a meal, folks. A meal, I tell you. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Brisket cheesesteak and colored greens from a bbq place near me. Damn tasty

chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Collard greens rule.  Brisket cheesesteak is something I have yet to try - looks great!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Daaaaaaaaamn juggler.  Send me one of them.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    😳 
    Collard greens rule.  Brisket cheesesteak is something I have yet to try - looks great!
    Need to find a decent bbq place for that, obviously. 

Love me some colored greens. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Mike's BBQ down here has a brisket cheesesteak. Highly recommend. Extremely salty, extremely not a cheesesteak. But fucking delicious. 
    Mike's BBQ down here has a brisket cheesesteak. Highly recommend. Extremely salty, extremely not a cheesesteak. But fucking delicious. 
    Just looked that up on Yelp. I will definitely have to try that soon. Looks amazing. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Mikes is good stuff...been a while.
    Finally tried Donkey’s Place. Interesting variation for sure but I wasn’t too blown away. 

I've wanted to try for years but I thought they weren't open on weekends - did you try today?  (Maybe they changed hours with Covid.)

I've wanted to try for years but I thought they weren't open on weekends - did you try today?  (Maybe they changed hours with Covid.)

First Saturday of every month. Just got lucky and happened to check today. 
    Ahh.  Didn't know that or I would have already tried.
    Will remember for post Covid visit.
    So, not to your liking, huh.
    So Bourdain was really full of shit, huh?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Take that back.
    Don’t get me wrong, it was really good. Just nowhere near being one of my favorite cheesesteaks. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited February 2021
    RiotZact said:
    Finally tried Donkey’s Place. Interesting variation for sure but I wasn’t too blown away. 

I've only had a Donkey's  cheesesteak a few times but I  don't recall it being  square like the one you had^^^. (or it wasn't square but it just looks that way in the picture?)

Either way, I'd assume that should have nothing to do with how it would taste.  
    edited February 2021
    cutz said:
    RiotZact said:

I've only had a Donkey's  cheesesteak a few times but I  don't recall it being  square like the one you had^^^. (or it wasn't square but it just looks that way in the picture?)

Either way, I'd assume that should have nothing to do with how it would taste.  
    Yeah kinda looks square in the pic but it was round. 
    Forgot to post this the other day. From Liberty Kitchen in No Libs. It’s mortadella, burrata, and pistachio pesto. I believe it was supposed to come with arugula as well but I opted out of that. Good shit. 

Looks very good!
    The Frizwit

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2021
    Anyone ever have the cheese fries at Ishkabibble’s? They are the GOAT. I don’t know what they use in that cheese, but it’s not just wiz, they must do something to it. 

Post edited by RiotZact on
    Ishkabibble's is good stuff. Would do it as an occasional walk from work for lunch, when that was a thing people did.
    Ishkabibble's is good stuff. Would do it as an occasional walk from work for lunch, when that was a thing people did.
    Wins the South Street steak battle by a mile in my eyes. 
    RiotZact said:
    For reals?  Huh, have to check it out.  Haven't been there.  Right across from Jim's is a tough spot, although if it doesn't have a line that would certainly make it easier.
    My wife loves Jim's that is her favorite.
    RiotZact said:
    For reals?  Huh, have to check it out.  Haven't been there.  Right across from Jim's is a tough spot, although if it doesn't have a line that would certainly make it easier.
    My wife loves Jim's that is her favorite.
    I’ve been to the actual location twice and it was very busy both times but not much of a line. The steak itself is every bit as good as Jim’s IMO but those cheese fries are really something else. They also have a drink called the “Gremlin” which is half lemonade and half grape juice. Add the 3 together and it’s a complete package.