What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited January 2021
    Part one of Tiger.

"A new two-part Tiger Woods documentary isn’t going to be a comfortable stroll down memory lane for the golf icon.

Early screenings of the film, produced by HBO, have seen it described as a “mess” that “errs too often on the salacious” and allows Woods’ story to be told by “spurned lovers and grudge holders”."

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2021
    Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Love it every time I see it.
    They really should have not had him leave his arm behind in the steel factory and stopped making them after this one. #3 isn't bad (just that chase scene with the crane alone makes it worth it), but seems unnecessary anyhow, because the one thing that really bugs me about #2 is that the Terminator doesn't remember that he has left that arm behind in the steel plant. Like, they are literally there throwing a terminator's arm into the molten steel, and then destroying his body, and that doesn't occur to him or anyone else? Like, dude, where is your arm? Dumb. I know they decide that jusgement day is inevitable, but I don't buy it. But other than that, great movie, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jim Norton: Contextually Inadequate

”I learned my first bad word from my friend Dean. I was eight, he was 51.” :rofl:

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Bad Times at the El Royale  20th Century Studios
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    ^^^ I really enjoyed Bad Times . . . 

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.  I wish they had done a second movie.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    edited January 2021
    No Way Out 1987

Not to spoil it, but turns out he was working for Russia the whole time.  He did order a Stoli at the beginning, but who woulda guessed?
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Captain America: The First Avenger with the little man. He loved it.

Tommy Lee Jones has my favourite lines in the movie:
    "You and I are going to have a conversation later that you won’t enjoy"
    "If you have something to say, right now's a perfect time to keep it to yourself."
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Part 2 of Tiger

• ^^^ I really enjoyed Bad Times . . . 

Weird putting on an Arnie Hammer movie in 2021

I did dig Hugh Grant in this I remember. But I did him in anything ofc
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Is eating humans better than eating animals, to you?
    :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2021
    PJ_Soul said:

They really should have not had him leave his arm behind in the steel factory and stopped making them after this one. #3 isn't bad (just that chase scene with the crane alone makes it worth it), but seems unnecessary anyhow, because the one thing that really bugs me about #2 is that the Terminator doesn't remember that he has left that arm behind in the steel plant. Like, they are literally there throwing a terminator's arm into the molten steel, and then destroying his body, and that doesn't occur to him or anyone else? Like, dude, where is your arm? Dumb. I know they decide that jusgement day is inevitable, but I don't buy it. But other than that, great movie, lol.
    My favorite movie of all time. Not much to complain about.

The follow up movies are not based on him leaving his arm behind though...?? 

But I never thought of that... haha... this movie makes a big deal out of a left behind arm and a chip from the first movie -- and here the T-800 leaves his arm behind. That is a weird error. But have never thought about it before.

And #3 is bad, in how... much of a shallow, made-for-TV remake of this one it feels like.

Sad that with Dark Fate, that when they got Linda Hamilton back and Cameron was "somewhat" involved they couldn't go back to a smaller horror-oriented movie and built up a "franchise" from that instead of once again failing in making a BIG BLOCKBUSTER that an audience would care for. And that cyborg-woman from the future should have been cut out -- she and Sarah Connor has the EXACT same role in the movie. And also, the mexican woman... named something starting with a D... being alone in the car plant against a robot trying to figure out what the hell is happening (before meeting Sarah Connor) and trying to survive, would work A LOT better than a cyborg showing up and 1) throwing out plot exposition  and 2) destroying all tension with her being able to protect the woman with no real problems.

1. Woman alone in close quarters with the bad robot not knowing what the hell is happening (as in the first movie)
    2. Meeting Sarah Connor, here taking on the role of the protector/robot
    3. Comin upon Arnold as the old T-800 turned human
    4. No fucking exiting a plane up in the sky with some parachuting jeep and having weightless anime fights.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PJ_Soul said:

But I never thought of that... haha... this movie makes a big deal out of a left behind arm and a chip from the first movie -- and here the T-800 leaves his arm behind. That is a weird error. But have never thought about it before.

And #3 is bad, in how... much of a shallow, made-for-TV remake of this one it feels like.

Sad that with Dark Fate, that when they got Linda Hamilton back and Cameron was "somewhat" involved they couldn't go back to a smaller horror-oriented movie and built up a "franchise" from that instead of once again failing in making a BIG BLOCKBUSTER that an audience would care for. And that cyborg-woman from the future should have been cut out -- she and Sarah Connor has the EXACT same role in the movie. And also, the mexican woman... named something starting with a D... being alone in the car plant against a robot trying to figure out what the hell is happening (before meeting Sarah Connor) and trying to survive, would work A LOT better than a cyborg showing up and 1) throwing out plot exposition  and 2) destroying all tension with her being able to protect the woman with no real problems.

1. Woman alone in close quarters with the bad robot not knowing what the hell is happening (as in the first movie)
    4. No fucking exiting a plane up in the sky with some parachuting jeep and having weightless anime fights.
    The Connor Chronicles is my favorite content from the Terminator franchise. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Summer & Lena kicking butts.  Thumbs up for this!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    ikiT said:
    Part one of Tiger.

"A new two-part Tiger Woods documentary isn’t going to be a comfortable stroll down memory lane for the golf icon.

Early screenings of the film, produced by HBO, have seen it described as a “mess” that “errs too often on the salacious” and allows Woods’ story to be told by “spurned lovers and grudge holders”."

watched part one on friday, and part 2 last night. that review is right. save for a few "former friends", who seem credible at the beginning, yet when they claim to have no idea why Tiger cut them out of their lives, you have to wonder about his side, they even interview one sleezeball from the National Enquirer. watching this slimeball recount how he tracked tiger and one of his mistresses and the sheer joy he took in exposing it; so disgusting. 

and there's a whole lot of armchair psychoanalysis from these people. you have to wonder if they've been fed this shit from the film makers. 

i was kind of surprised Bryant Gumbel was involved, after seeing the whole thing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

And Shirley Manson is the best Terminator. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905

Hmm, not sure why it’s weird.  I’m a Henry Cavill /  Guy Ritchie fan.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • ^^^ I really enjoyed Bad Times . . . 

Hmm, not sure why it’s weird.  I’m a Henry Cavill /  Guy Ritchie fan.
    Google him and current events regarding him in 2021
  • dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

*The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Only saw the first episode back in... 06/07 or when it aired. Hmm. Not a TV-series guy but maybe it would be interesting to watch.
    Shirley Manson was a Terminator? JESUS I have to find this
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Hell House LLC - Wikipedia
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Social Information Movies and Games Zone The Sunset Limited 2011 HDTV  350Mb Mediafire
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Started Narcos: Mexico last week

up to season 2 episode 3. Enjoying it

im out of order, never seen Original Narcos

thats next 
  • I need to rewatch THE RING 2 (american) for a friends horror podcast

And then I will re-watch SUPER MARIO BROS
    23scidoo said:
    Social Information Movies and Games Zone The Sunset Limited 2011 HDTV  350Mb Mediafire
    never heard of this. cool. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    edited January 2021
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

And Shirley Manson is the best Terminator. 

What? Shirley manson from the band Garbage? I'm confused :confused:

edit: ok just googled it and wasn't aware she was cast in the Sara Connors Chronicles. Never saw that tv show, might have to look into it now. Pretty cool
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    23scidoo said:
    never heard of this. cool. 
    It's from a play, all set in a room..heavy but worth it imo..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Nocturne
    The DaVinci Code

not convoluted at all.  Tom Hanks' hair?  Legendary.