PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Bad things.....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I was gifted this beauty of a pint glass yesterday 

Oh now that's nice.
    Yeah I think an Italy PJ show is on the list of things to do when this shit's over.
    I fucking hate helicopters. I hope the news station's ones fall out of the fuckong sky. Do people care so much about 2nd street Nd the mummers that they're tuning into Channel 6's live stream?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I fucking hate helicopters. I hope the news station's ones fall out of the fuckong sky. Do people care so much about 2nd street Nd the mummers that they're tuning into Channel 6's live stream?

Dude. The helicopters are annoying as shit. Also as these dipshits we’re coming up our street on the loud speaker “mask up, there are cameras”...not a pandemic, cameras.

Yeah, will have a few beers on the porch but not partaking in any of this 
    Yeah it's pretty much exactly what i thought it'd be - wenches, no instruments, mediocre DJ'ed music on trucks, Blue Lives Matter flags, etc etc.

Already into the Bloodys for sentimental reasons, or something...

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Ghetto birds were a way of life during college.  I often forget how damn annoying the constant choppers are.
    Yeah it's pretty much exactly what i thought it'd be - wenches, no instruments, mediocre DJ'ed music on trucks, Blue Lives Matter flags, etc etc.

Already into the Bloodys for sentimental reasons, or something...

Bloodies here too. Cheers

We don't need a mask, cause it ain't real.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/some-mummers-flout-rules-march-maskless-in-south-philly/2652605/

That kid has a bright future.  North Philly rocks
    Jamie Gauthier is the shit.

Overall, I gotta say at least it wasn't that bad today. The shit heads were out but they were definitely a very small minority compared to the usual. I've grown up with this bullshit. They should nix the wenches and comics, and open the styles of music. Would love to see more groups like New Sound Brass Band involved. New Year's is my jam but I really can go without the Mummers for the most part anymore. 2nd Street hasn't been as much fun in a few years as it is (I just like having my aunt's bar as a place of refuge), and the garbage people have kinda compounded the problem for me over the years. The "satire" isn't even good.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Folks, I’m going to let you in on a little secret....The Mummers have always been overrated. 

Sorry!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Folks, I’m going to let you in on a little secret....The Mummers have always been overrated. 

Sorry!
    This is not a secret tho.
    First time I saw them on tv after moving to the area I was dumbfounded.  
    This is a thing?!

Crazy.  Distinctly Philadelphia.
    The comics and wenches need to go, for sure. They are embarrassing.  I still dig it overall though. 2nd street has been pretty terrible the last couple years, which is a bummer, but we had a blast at the serenades last year.  This year would have been a ton of fun being on a Friday and all.  Love waking up to the music coming up the street, pork in the crockpot, bloody marys ready to go...all while kicking a pretty solid hangover.
    First time I saw them on tv after moving to the area I was dumbfounded.  
    This is a thing?!

Crazy.  Distinctly Philadelphia.
    This is why I still appreciate it, though it's hanging on by a thread.
    Meh. The stupid wing bowl was distinctly Philadelphia for a few decades too though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Bummed I never experienced a fringe viewing of Wing Bowl.  Has to be so much hilarious shit to see.
    Meh. The stupid wing bowl was distinctly Philadelphia for a few decades too though...
    Haha, good point.
    Fuck the Mets...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    And the Phillies countered the Mets by trading for an anti BLM reliever 
  • And the Phillies countered the Mets by trading for an anti BLM reliever 
    Forger BLM, the real problem is his ERA is 5.74. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Some much needed bullpen help just added
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Some much needed bullpen help just added

just saw that. not really familiar with him though, but hearing good things
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    The Phils put a qualifying offer on JT right?
    I have not seen that. Seems like it's between Toronto and the Phils 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    They had to have.  You'll get him.
    I would think/hope they would have done that the minute he became a free agent. Yeah, they definitely had to have done that.

If it's between Toronto and Phils I gotta think we sign him. I was starting to think maybe he signs the QT and takes his chances next year in a better market is why I was bringing it up.
    Also.....HOLY SHIT

That's so bad. I didn't know it was that bad.
    Also.....HOLY SHIT

That's so bad. I didn't know it was that bad.
    Lol...yeah I saw that yesterday. hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I would think/hope they would have done that the minute he became a free agent. Yeah, they definitely had to have done that.

If it's between Toronto and Phils I gotta think we sign him. I was starting to think maybe he signs the QT and takes his chances next year in a better market is why I was bringing it up.
    It's weird.  What's a bad deal for him? 4 years $80 million?  Tough to turn down $80 million and bet on yourself, especially being a year older and a catcher. Brutal decision as far as deciding whether to take $80 million plus goes...