******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    pjhawks said:
    3-for-3 motherfuckers. President, House, Senate. Fuckin A.

To bring this full circle - Trump totally Sudfelded the Senate for Republicans. I cannot be fucking happier. 
    I’ll breathe easier on the 20th but yes looking good. That Leoffler chick is one unlikeabke human being
    Question on all of this with the Pence situation today.  They are obviously not going to succeed, but say they somehow did overturn the election.  Now that Democrats control everything, wouldn't their first order of business be throwing them both out of office and we'd end up with President Pelosi?  Given the 50-50 tie and Pence breaking the tie, they would need republican support, but Mitt would come through there without a doubt.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    That's a technicality I don't think Republicans have thought about, and with which I would relish.

But I mean at the end of the day none of this is happening. And if it did I think I'd actually turn into one of those 'Merka guys and storm DC like the super hero PATRIOT that I truly am, Cliff.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Yeah I think the reason they are doing this is because they know it will not work. It's just to show the morons who voted for him that they stood up for him.

The whole thing is so dumb. If it somehow were to succeed, wouldn't that mean every election from the president on down to locally elected officials are null and void? You can't just throw out part of a ballot, right? Fucking idiots...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Definitely agree that it will not work. I saw Hawley clip from Fox News where he was pressed on why he won't be honest that it's not going to be successful and he had no answer.  That said, obviously the Pence situation wouldn't work even if he tries it, but yeah, it seems even more pointless after last night.  And yeah, I'd be with you

I saw that duuuuuuuumb Georgia lady say that only the presidential election should be contested, not hers.

I saw that duuuuuuuumb Georgia lady say that only the presidential election should be contested, not hers.
    lol...there must've been a special ballot just for her election. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2021
    Deshaun Watson in midnight green (nay, kelly) would look fantastic...

By the way, he is an example of a franchise qb putting up incredible numbers on a team that was just as shitty as the Eagles this year. Also has an immensely better contract than Carson. 

I know it will probably not happen but a guy can dream!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

By the way, he is an example of a franchise qb putting up incredible numbers on a team that was just as shitty as the Eagles this year. Also has an immensely better contract than Carson. 

Haha, this is what I was getting at next in the NFL thread. I think that dipshit owner would make that trade in a heartbeat for a white QB.

Haha, this is what I was getting at next in the NFL thread. I think that dipshit owner would make that trade in a heartbeat for a white QB.
    Can you imagine? Damn...that would be incredible
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2021

I'm tellin' ya....this may not be crazy and out of the question. Can teams pay bonuses to players that go to another team? If I'm the Birds I take on Watson's entire monies plus pay Wentz's bonuses.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

I'm tellin' ya....this may not be crazy and out of the question. Can teams pay bonuses to players that go to another team? If I'm the Birds I take on Watson's entire monies plus pay Wentz's bonuses.

I think Watson would be solidly a top tier QB (I consider him a 2nd tier right now) if he had coaches who did not have shit for brains.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

well actually according to overthecap.com, while Wentz's cap number is significantly larger in 2021 it is actually lower for 2022 through 2024 and Watson has one extra year in 2025.  See numbers below.

Wentz cap:
    2021 - $34.6 (17.4% of cap)
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

Imagine Wentz having Hopkins....then Doug trading Hopkins. We'd be losing our absolute shit.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Imagine Wentz having Hopkins....then Doug trading Hopkins. We'd be losing our absolute shit.

Imagine Wentz having Agholar....then Doug trading.....lol.....sorry, just cracking myself up.

Even though Nellie was awesome this year, the Iggles fans will always have this:

pjhawks said:

well actually according to overthecap.com, while Wentz's cap number is significantly larger in 2021 it is actually lower for 2022 through 2024 and Watson has one extra year in 2025.  See numbers below.

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-https://www.radio.com/94wip/deshaun-watson-for-carson-wentz-a-look-at-the-possibility
    -

Financially, Watson’s deal is actually very tradable and very team friendly. Trading Watson would cost the Texans only $21 million in dead money, compared to the $33 million it would cost the Eagles. It is worth noting that despite Watson signing a bigger deal, and signing it two years after Wentz did, his deal seems to be structured way better for the Texans than Wentz’s is for the Eagles.

A deal for Watson would cost the Eagles the following, via OverTheCap.com:

Watson would cost the Eagles:
    2021: $10.54 million base salary
    2022: $35 million base salary (2023 money becomes fully guaranteed on March 22nd)
    2023: $20 million base salary, $17 million roster bonus
    2024: $32 million base salary (not guaranteed)
    2025: $32 million base salary (not guaranteed)

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:
    2021: $10.54 million
    2022: $35 million
    2023: $37 million
    2024: $32 million
    2025: $32 million

chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    What else would Houston demand along with Wentz?
    Gotta be at least 2 first rounders.
    Watson is staying. Caserio has already said as much. Basically his first official team sentence.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    pjhawks said:

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-https://www.radio.com/94wip/deshaun-watson-for-carson-wentz-a-look-at-the-possibility
    -

Financially, Watson’s deal is actually very tradable and very team friendly. Trading Watson would cost the Texans only $21 million in dead money, compared to the $33 million it would cost the Eagles. It is worth noting that despite Watson signing a bigger deal, and signing it two years after Wentz did, his deal seems to be structured way better for the Texans than Wentz’s is for the Eagles.

2022: $35 million base salary (2023 money becomes fully guaranteed on March 22nd)

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:

so very similar to what I posted above and still higher per year in 2022 and 2023 and similar in 2024.  Next year is the killer for Wentz's contract vs. Watson's

And just so you don't take this out of context at a later date as of January 8, 2021 I would most likely make the trade Wentz for Watson if it was a straight 1 for 1 deal.  

I also find it interesting a lot of people who think Wentz is a dick for maybe wanting to be traded don't seem to have the same attitude towards Watson possibly wanting out.

pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:

so very similar to what I posted above and still higher per year in 2022 and 2023 and similar in 2024.  Next year is the killer for Wentz's contract vs. Watson's

And just so you don't take this out of context at a later date as of January 8, 2021 I would most likely make the trade Wentz for Watson if it was a straight 1 for 1 deal.  

I also find it interesting a lot of people who think Wentz is a dick for maybe wanting to be traded don't seem to have the same attitude towards Watson possibly wanting out.

Who thinks Harry is a dick for wanting to be traded so he can try and be a starter? 

Also, Watson should want to be traded.  He works for a horrid organization and they supposedly have lied to him.  Even without that, they blow and they traded away one of the best WR in the league for a walking turd.  (Not even a Running turd, a limping turd, really.)
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:

And, sorry, I didn't see it first... "most likely?"
    So are you saying it is close?
    Watson is tier 2, imo.
    Right now, Carson is 1 run from the bottom, depending on how many tiers one creates, imo.  He is above the bottom but at that salary and the performance this year, not much.
    edited January 2021
    Watson had possibly the #1 receiver in the league traded away from him, and he still excelled. Wentz did not do this. This isn't hard to understand. This is like Wentz's season last year where he put up 4k yards without one WR going over 500  yards. There's no hypocrisy in that. Hell, Wentz was allowed the autonomy to call plays on the field and audible out of anything. I just don't feel the need to defend defend defend like he's my son or some shit. Hypocrisy, and the irony here, is to keep talking shit about the very fanbase you belong to for eating their own when this is the very thing you consistently do.

Wentz is a dick for thinking he has any leverage in this situation. If I were him would I want out? Absolutely. But guess what? Ride that bench, baby, and compete for the starting job next year or we (the organization) will do what we please with you, Mr. I Just Got Paid A Shit Load of Money. 

Watson is still performing. I don't blame him for wanting out, if that's the case. Not so as much with Neck Acne.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    Watson had possibly the #1 receiver in the league traded away from him, and he still excelled. Wentz did not do this. This isn't hard to understand. This is like Wentz's season last year where he put up 4k yards without one WR going over 500  yards. There's no hypocrisy in that. Hell, Wentz was allowed the autonomy to call plays on the field and audible out of anything. I just don't feel the need to defend defend defend like he's my son or some shit. Hypocrisy, and the irony here, is to keep talking shit about the very fanbase you belong to for eating their own when this is the very thing you consistently do.

Wentz is a dick for thinking he has any leverage in this situation. If I were him would I want out? Absolutely. But guess what? Ride that bench, baby, and compete for the starting job next year or we (the organization) will do what we please with you, Mr. I Just Got Paid A Shit Load of Money. 

Watson is still performing. I don't blame him for wanting out, if that's the case. Not so as much with Neck Acne.

Neck acne is not Blood Face but it still made me laugh.
    edited January 2021

You literally just proved my points about the two QBs and the Eagles fan base. Well done sir.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited January 2021
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:

The fact that it is easier for the Texans to trade one of the best qb's in the league than it is for the Eagle to trade one of the worst is an indictment on Wentz's contract alone. 

I personally don't give a shit about Wentz being a dick or not. 

Oh and...."most likely" you would make that trade?!?!  HAHAHAHAHA
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2021
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:

The fact that it is easier for the Texans to trade one of the best qb's in the league than it is for the Eagle to trade one of the worst is an indictment on Wentz's contract alone. 

Watson was 12th in QBR.  You know the stat you have used repeatedly for Wentz and others.  12th is not exactly one of the best

I guess you are over Hurts being the QB now and for the future huh?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited January 2021
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:

Watson was 12th in QBR.  You know the stat you have used repeatedly for Wentz and others.  12th is not exactly one of the best

Are you fucking serious? That is one stat that's still 16 players ahead of your boy. And I have repeatedly used many stats to illustrate how bad Wentz has been this year. Including all of these.

Watson's ranks:
    3rd in comp %
    7th in tds
    1st in yards
    2nd in rating

I could go on. And this was done with a crappy team...similar to the one you excused Wentz for until that argument was laughably too late in the season to use. 

You really should stop talking about this sport. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:

Are you fucking serious? That is one stat.

3rd in comp %
    7th in tds
    1st in yards
    2nd in rating

Change the stats that fit your argument. Got it.  Watson is very good. Wentz was before this year.  Will be interesting to see their trajectories moving forward. 

edited January 2021
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:

3rd in comp %
    7th in tds
    1st in yards
    2nd in rating

Change the stats that fit your argument. Got it.  Watson is very good. Wentz was before this year.  Will be interesting to see their trajectories moving forward. 

No. Just use the same ones all the time. Since you're bringing them up. Here is where you boy ranks:
    34th in comp %
    22nd in td's
    24th in td% (better indication since he was benched and missed games)
    25th in yds
    33rd in yds/attempt (using since he was benched)
    34th in rating
    28th in qbr (!)

I will give Carson Wentz credit for leading the league in on stat, incredibly despite missing 4 games...INTERCEPTIONS!

You're a clown, hawks. Beat it. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:

3rd in comp %
    7th in tds
    1st in yards
    2nd in rating

No. Just use the same ones all the time. Since you're bringing them up. Here is where you boy ranks:
    34th in comp %
    22nd in td's
    25th in yds
    34th in rating
    28th in qbr (!)

I will give Carson Wentz credit for leading the league in on stat, incredibly despite missing 4 games...INTERCEPTIONS!

I just hope when Wentz is somewhere else he doesn’t prove you wrong as much as Andy Reid has.  Of course you thought the Patriots won because of Steven Ridley instead of Tom Brady a few years ago so why do I expect any level is sanity,  Oh in case you weren’t sure Bellicheck still has a losing record Pre and Post Brady,  It was Brady
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:

3rd in comp %
    7th in tds
    1st in yards
    2nd in rating

34th in comp %
    22nd in td's
    25th in yds
    34th in rating
    28th in qbr (!)

I just hope when Wentz is somewhere else he doesn’t prove you wrong as much as Andy Reid has.  Of course you thought the Patriots won because of Steven Ridley instead of Tom Brady a few years ago so why do I expect any level is sanity,  Oh in case you weren’t sure Bellicheck still has a losing record Pre and Post Brady,  It was Brady
    aaaaaaaaaaaaand scene. pjhottakes has inevitably lost yet another sports argument. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Wentz cap:
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:

as of January 8, 2021 I would most likely make the trade Wentz for Watson if it was a straight 1 for 1 deal.  

There is zero chance Houston would trade Watson for Wentz straight up.
    Like I said above, Wentz and 2 first rounders would be the starting point of negotiations.
    There's already talk of possibly 3 or 4 first rounders being considered by a couple teams as offers.

However as I also stated above, I don't think Houston trades him unless he absolutely refuses to play for them ever again (i.e. threatens retirement).
    Caserio will consult him regarding the next HC and things will get smoothed over.
    This weekend we rock Portland