******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FU Pederson:
    “To disrespect the effort that everyone put forth to make this season a success for the NFL, to disrespect the game by not going out there and competing for 60 minutes and giving everything you can to help those players win. We will never do that as long as I’m the head coach of the New York Giants.”
    Judge is a serious hard ass. Supposedly insufferable to be around.
    Supposedly? Again, he makes coaches run laps.
    Oh my god.  Expecting your coaches to be in half way decent shape like your players?  What is wrong with that?
    I ve coached for close to twenty years and would always warm up and do various drills and scrimmage with my soccer and baseball players. To me that is leading by example.  
    You can't be serious.
    This is the NFL. Coaches are grown and sometimes old men, you don't treat them like teenagers and make them run laps.
    The Giants running backs coach for example is 68 years old, you're gonna make an example of that man and make him run laps in front of everyone else? 
    Judge didn't learn this behavior from Belichick. Bill never had Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennell running laps.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    BTW pretty sure he made the coaches run as part of a punishment, which just makes it that much more meat headed.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited January 2021
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FU Pederson:
    “To disrespect the effort that everyone put forth to make this season a success for the NFL, to disrespect the game by not going out there and competing for 60 minutes and giving everything you can to help those players win. We will never do that as long as I’m the head coach of the New York Giants.”
    Oh my god.  Expecting your coaches to be in half way decent shape like your players?  What is wrong with that?
    I ve coached for close to twenty years and would always warm up and do various drills and scrimmage with my soccer and baseball players. To me that is leading by example.  
    You can't be serious.
    This is the NFL. Coaches are grown and sometimes old men, you don't treat them like teenagers and make them run laps.
    The Giants running backs coach for example is 68 years old, you're gonna make an example of that man and make him run laps in front of everyone else? 
    Judge didn't learn this behavior from Belichick. Bill never had Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennell running laps.
    Dude when I am 68 I plan on being able to run laps.   I don't see any problem with making your coaching staff run a few laps in order to stay in reasonable shape.  It seems like the players and coaches embraced it. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29681822/giants-joe-judge-making-players-coaches-run-padded-practices-return-meadowlands

"The last time I [ran laps for mistakes], probably middle school," wide receiver Sterling Shepard said. "I'm embracing the change. I'm all for it."

Star running back Saquon Barkley also could barely remember the last time he saw this technique used for accountability. Barkley hesitated when trying to recall.

"I don't know," he eventually answered. "But hey, we're really focused on being a detailed team and holding each other accountable. Little things matter. It comes with the territory."

That seems to be the biggest difference between Judge and his predecessors. His attention to detail is off the charts.

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    BTW pretty sure he made the coaches run as part of a punishment, which just makes it that much more meat headed.
    I'd rather have my head coach hold people accountable than tank a game to a divisional rival.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FU Pederson:
    You can't be serious.
    Dude when I am 68 I plan on being able to run laps.   I don't see any problem with making your coaching staff run a few laps in order to stay in reasonable shape.  It seems like the players and coaches embraced it. 

Yeah, but as pointed lout by Jearlpam above, he isn't asking coaches to run to stay in shape. It is done as punishment for a mistake. Its to belittle them in front of the team.
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FU Pederson:
    You can't be serious.

Yeah, but as pointed lout by Jearlpam above, he isn't asking coaches to run to stay in shape. It is done as punishment for a mistake. Its to belittle them in front of the team.
    Belittle?  Don't make mistakes.  I love the accountability.
    I too appreciate meat for brains.
    The Maras love old stuffy dipshits like this. Kinda like when Blood Face Coughlin would penalize players for being late when they were on time.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FU Pederson:
    You can't be serious.

Comes across kinda like this to those of us not wearing Big Blue colored glasses:

The Maras love old stuffy dipshits like this. Kinda like when Blood Face Coughlin would penalize players for being late when they were on time.
    I ll gladly take both super bowl wins under his watch.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Blood face?!!!
    Omg I about shit my pants.
    :lol:.   

Also, I would pay money to see either Romeo Crennell OR Charlie Weiss run.
    Not run a lap - nfw they could do that - would love to see just 50 yards.  More and I think they might both die.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited January 2021
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FU Pederson:
    You can't be serious.

Comes across kinda like this to those of us not wearing Big Blue colored glasses:

Did any of you play competitive sports after middle school? Making coaches run for mistakes is belittling them? My goodness.  Our society is getting too soft I say!
    damn I never realized how soft Philly fans are.  
    Blood face?!!!
    Omg I about shit my pants.
    :lol:.   

Also, I would pay money to see either Romeo Crennell OR Charlie Weiss run.
    Not run a lap - nfw they could do that - would love to see just 50 yards.  More and I think they might both die.
    Charlie Weiss would absolutely die lol.  Rex Ryan and his brother too lol. 
    edited January 2021
    We're the soft ones yet this guy can't shut the fuck up about his 6-10 team missing out on the playoffs.

I think what the rest of us did was grow up, and not finger our buttholes about sportzball and when men were MEN.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FU Pederson:
    You can't be serious.

I am not a Philly fan.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FU Pederson:
    You can't be serious.

I am not a Philly fan.
    hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2021
    We're the soft ones yet this guy can't shut the fuck up about his 6-10 team missing out on the playoffs.

I think what the rest of us did was grow up, and not finger our buttholes about sportzball and when men were MEN.
    Typical Philly fan taking it to the next level. Geez. 
    So I assume little league was the apex of your athletic career?
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    edited January 2021
    As a Washington  fan I'm glad the Eagles made those decisions because it obviously helped our cause but as a football fan it was cringeworthy to witness Hurts on the bench after he played pretty well and just how bad his backup was. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    as a football fan it was cringeworthy to witness Hurts on the bench after he played pretty well and just how bad his backup was. 
    Hurts was 7-20 for 72 yards, no TDs and 1 INT.
    He sucked. His passer rating was 25.4
    He deserved to be replaced. Of course Sudfeld was worse, but still, its not like Hurts was really doing anything from a passing standpoint to justify continuing in the game.
    mcgruff10 said:

Typical Philly fan taking it to the next level. Geez. 
    So I assume little league was the apex of your athletic career?
    If only I had more highly athletic, proud people in my life like yourself who knows where I'd be right now.
    Poncier said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    as a football fan it was cringeworthy to witness Hurts on the bench after he played pretty well and just how bad his backup was. 
    Hurts was 7-20 for 72 yards, no TDs and 1 INT.
    He sucked. His passer rating was 25.4
    He deserved to be replaced. Of course Sudfeld was worse, but still, its not like Hurts was really doing anything from a passing standpoint to justify continuing in the game.
    They didn't even field an entire roster.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Before anyone starts criticizing a coach's appearance, we need to state that the Eagles head coach has a head that is to scale of Mount Rushmore, a $13 haircut, and a stupid hat.
    Shouldn't be talking about the size of someone's dome, Cliff!
    Shouldn't be talking about the size of someone's dome, Cliff!
    Oh I am aware...his is in a league of it's own though!
    Haircuts, too!
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Joe Judge fans. Must be incredibly proud people.
    I was a Ben McAdoo fan, should've never gotten fired.  Fuck Pat Murmur. Joe Judge did great with what he had
    Haircuts, too!
    I'd rather have mine than his!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Before anyone starts criticizing a coach's appearance, we need to state that the Eagles head coach has a head that is to scale of Mount Rushmore, a $13 haircut, and a stupid hat.
    :lol:  
    Seriously, this "event" is comedic gold.  The amount of funny things I've read over the past few days is amazing. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited January 2021
    :lol:  
    Seriously, this "event" is comedic gold.  The amount of funny things I've read over the past few days is amazing. 
    I'm astounded it's still a thing. My buddy from college keeps texting me about it too.

Hey Giants fans: YOUR TEAM WON 6 GAMES. GET THE HELL OVER IT ALREADY
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Haircuts, too!
    I'd rather have mine than his!
    Yeah, this is true. He has a choice in this matter.