******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    That link is great - as always, The Athletic provides perspective that others do not.

Biggest takeaway from that read -- Dick Rod.  How have I not been calling the guy Dick Rod, forever?  Great stuff.

Next -- please, PLEASE, hire Graham Harrell away from USC.  That guy is a fucking clown.  I hate him just a smidge less than I hate our head coach, nice guy Clay Helton.  Both should crash and burn, for real, tomorrow. 
    If you want an offense that takes every single snap from the gun (and for real, every single snap) and puts the running back in even worse position to succeed than Doug does....then you should be excited to add fuckface as your OC.  Please, FSM, make this happen.  This would be met with great joy from so many USC folks.

Also -- I didn't realize Kelce was a goner.  Big loss.

Ertz can pack his shit up -- he sucked this year, and the other dude is much better at this point.

Harry can fuck off with his power play.  Please don't trade him to the Niners.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited January 2021
    Just when I didn’t think I could hate the Eagles anymore, what an embarrassment last night. 

The NFL Should Punish the Eagles For Their Shameful Display in Week 17

The Eagles seemingly had no interest in winning on Sunday, and the NFL should let teams know that isn't acceptable.

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    should the Bills, Steelers, and Chiefs also be punished?  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited January 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just when I didn’t think I could hate the Eagles anymore, what an embarrassment last night. 

The Eagles seemingly had no interest in winning on Sunday, and the NFL should let teams know that isn't acceptable.

Please don't tell me you're actually upset the Eagles tanking one game cost your 6 win Giants team a division crown? Give me a break. 

Weird how they went about doing it, but give me the 6th pick over the 9th pick in the draft all day.

In fact, you should actually be thankful to the Eagles. Wouldn't you rather have the 11th pick, as opposed to losing next weekend and getting the 19th? You won 6 games. You guys stink too! You're welcome. lol

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    mcgruff10 said:

Please don't tell me you're actually upset the Eagles tanking one game cost your 6 win Giants team a division crown? Give me a break. 

Weird how they went about doing it, but give me the 6th pick over the 9th pick in the draft all day.

In fact, you should actually be thankful to the Eagles. Wouldn't you rather have the 11th pick, as opposed to losing next weekend and getting the 19th? You won 6 games. You guys stink too! You're welcome. lol

You didn't even mention having to sit there and watch/listen to a 3 hour Tom Brady love-fest-coronation as the best human ever.
    edited January 2021
    mcgruff10 said:

You play to win, I really hope the NFL punishes the Eagles.   What a pos move yesterday.  And people wonder why fans hate Philly so much.  

On NBC Sports Philly’s postgame show, Eagles great Seth Joyner said, “I’ve never been more ashamed to be associated with the Philadelphia Eagles than I am tonight.”

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You play to win, I really hope the NFL punishes the Eagles.   What a pos move yesterday.  And people wonder why fans hate Philly so much.  
    You're welcome!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    MayDay10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You didn't even mention having to sit there and watch/listen to a 3 hour Tom Brady love-fest-coronation as the best human ever.
    Yeah. NBC should've flexed a different game. It's week 17, teams play back ups if they're out of it or if they've already clinched their spot. Happens every year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    Guy's upset that his team stinks and had to rely on another shitty team - within their own division no less - to bless them with a playoff spot. I'll blame covid for him.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    Guy's upset that his team stinks and had to rely on another shitty team - within their own division no less - to bless them with a playoff spot. I'll blame covid for him.
    You guys see nothing wrong with yesterday's Eagles game?  You are proud that your team played like that?  If my team did that I would be pissed.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    You guys see nothing wrong with yesterday's Eagles game?  You are proud that your team played like that?  If my team did that I would be pissed.  
    I'd be pissed if my team won the division with 6 games. 

Now give us our thank you, god damn it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    I'd be pissed if my team won the division with 6 games. 

Now give us our thank you, god damn it. 
    No way, you d be pumped.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    Your team has done that. Am I proud of it? Whut? Man, why the hell would I care about a meaningless game in week 17? There's nothing wrong with it from my view, if I'm a player on the team - like Kelce suggested earlier - there absolutely is a problem with it. But why would I have a problem with it? I knew this team stunk somewhere around week 8. If you wanted your team in the playoffs then they could have tried playing like 5% better than the shit they - and this entire division -  are.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    As an Eagles fan I thought it was a bush league move.  You don't do that in a game where a team not playing has something at stake. That being said agree with Juggler. You won six games, even beat the team that won the division 2x so you can't complain we 'cost' you the division.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    My brother the Giants fan texted me this last night:
    "My 6-10 team deserved that damn playoff spot!!!"

This was at the end of some pretty funny texts back and forth -- he was clearly joking.  However, this only gives him another thing to point at when he argues football with my wife the Eagles fan.

I love football!

This was at the end of some pretty funny texts back and forth -- he was clearly joking.  However, this only gives him another thing to point at when he argues football with my wife the Eagles fan.

I love football!
    I mean yeah in the order of fucking over NFC East fans, I'd go 1) NYG 2) Dallas 3) WFT. WFT barely registers on the radar, Dallas is only considered a rival because of dipshit local fraud Dallas fans which is kinda dumb, then NY. It's the only divisional rival that makes sense.
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    As an Eagles fan I thought it was a bush league move.  You don't do that in a game where a team not playing has something at stake. That being said agree with Juggler. You won six games, even beat the team that won the division 2x so you can't complain we 'cost' you the division.  
    Why are you putting “cost” in quotes?  I didn’t say that, the giants made their own bed with the way they played.  But the eagles were an utter embarrassment to the game with the way they played yesterday.  Purposely losing a game should have some sort of consequences; I hope the nfl has some balls and punishes them with a draft pick. 

I love football!
    I mean yeah in the order of fucking over NFC East fans, I'd go 1) NYG 2) Dallas 3) WFT. WFT barely registers on the radar, Dallas is only considered a rival because of dipshit local fraud Dallas fans which is kinda dumb, then NY. It's the only divisional rival that makes sense.

I would guess that most Eagles fans rank in the same order...although my wife said she hates Cowboys above all else.  Not sure why.  Perhaps all of those years living in California where Giants fans were few and obnoxious Cowboy fans were everywhere.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    Your team has done that. Am I proud of it? Whut? Man, why the hell would I care about a meaningless game in week 17? There's nothing wrong with it from my view, if I'm a player on the team - like Kelce suggested earlier - there absolutely is a problem with it. But why would I have a problem with it? I knew this team stunk somewhere around week 8. If you wanted your team in the playoffs then they could have tried playing like 5% better than the shit they - and this entire division -  are.
    When have the giants purposely tanked a game like yesterday? 
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    Why are you putting “cost” in quotes?  I didn’t say that, the giants made their own bed with the way they played.  But the eagles were an utter embarrassment to the game with the way they played yesterday.  Purposely losing a game should have some sort of consequences; I hope the nfl has some balls and punishes them with a draft pick. 

They should make them take a QB in round 2.
    Yeah I have a Giants fan buddy from college texting me the same nonsense this morning.

I have been demanding a "thank you" from him too. Goal is to have it by end of business. I will report back. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    I don't know. I don't follow your stupid team, but at least you have your pride!
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    I don't know. I don't follow your stupid team, but at least you have your pride!
    I remember all four of my stupid teams super bowl wins.  You?
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're welcome!
    I remember all four of my stupid teams super bowl wins.  You?
    We know, you're very, very proud. We salute you. And, listen, always remember that I didn't say it:  Fly Eagles Fly.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    edited January 2021
    MayDay10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yeah. NBC should've flexed a different game. It's week 17, teams play back ups if they're out of it or if they've already clinched their spot. Happens every year. 
    But this game really was the only logical choice to flex in.
    Any other game had implications that would be affected by outcomes of other games, which is why they put Rams/Cards, Pack/Bears, 49ers/Seabags and Saints/Panthers all in the same 4:25 time slot, cause each of those 4 games' outcomes was in some way intertwined with the other 3. Similar story in the AFC with Miami, Baltimore and Cleveland all playing in the 1PM slot. The Giants/Dallas loser was out regardless, so while that game was tied to the DC/Phi game, both teams had to play to win, and the DC Footballers were the only team that was in a win and you're in position with no possible affect from any other game.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I think Gruff is upset, fellas...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Hey, listen, he's just very proud of his football team and upholding the sacred laws of footbawl.
    I just despise bush league play.  Play to win.  I ll gladly take a virtual hug from you.  ;)
    Zach Ertz is crying, everyone.
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just despise bush league play.  Play to win.  I ll gladly take a virtual hug from you.  ;)
    Then you despise the entire division. The Eagles were smart not to win last night.  You're welcome. 
    chinese-happy.jpg