What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Saw One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest for the first time the other night. 

Also, Die Hard on xmas night. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    WW84

wow, that was so bad. 

These damn comic book movies with objects that grant power, wishes... lazy ass plots 

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

MacMurphy!

Did you lose it during the Bibbits scene? Cheer Chief the fuck on?

The acting in that all-around, whew. Different view than the book, but man, what a great film. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    hedonist said:

MacMurphy!

The acting in that all-around, whew. Different view than the book, but man, what a great film. 
    Yeah it was fantastic. Glad I finally watched it
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    hedonist said:

MacMurphy!

I love both the book and the film. But they are different. I saw Ken Kesey give a talk at my college and had him sign my copy. 
    Lucky girl!

I've developed this tendency to watch part of a movie, leave it for a bit, then go back and watch more (or get irritated and discard it altogether).

Right now I'm "watching" Four Dogs - an indie film, no big names.  Interesting, and quirky enough to not feel forced.

The other one is Spring Forward, with Ned Beatty and Liev Schreiber (mmm, mmm).  Ex-con working with an old hand for Parks and Rec in Utah.  Kind of sweet and simple.  Ned's such a fine actor.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    Lucky girl!

I've developed this tendency to watch part of a movie, leave it for a bit, then go back and watch more (or get irritated and discard it altogether).

Right now I'm "watching" Four Dogs - an indie film, no big names.  Interesting, and quirky enough to not feel forced.

The other one is Spring Forward, with Ned Beatty and Liev Schreiber (mmm, mmm).  Ex-con working with an old hand for Parks and Rec in Utah.  Kind of sweet and simple.  Ned's such a fine actor.
    Spring Forward is a gem. 

Cookie's Fortune is another one (also with Ned Beatty, and Julianne Moore at the absolute top of her game, directed by Robert Altman).
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    Lucky girl!

Spring Forward is a gem. 

Cookie's Fortune is another one (also with Ned Beatty, and Julianne Moore at the absolute top of her game, directed by Robert Altman).
    Just finished it. I liked the lingering scenes of life, and of light. The word “pure” comes to mind. 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    hedonist said:
    Lucky girl!

Old hand in Utah, you say? :pensive:
    Hobbes said:
    hedonist said:
    Lucky girl!

:lol:
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hobbes said:
    hedonist said:
    Lucky girl!

:rofl:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

You quarantined, SC?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I can't say I've ever seen one Clint Eastwood movie pre-Million Dollar Baby
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I can't say I've ever seen one Clint Eastwood movie pre-Million Dollar Baby
    Wait...

You haven't seen...

The Bridges of Madison County..?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankind said:

You quarantined, SC?
    Almost. Home for Christmas :) 

Rain here, so no point in going out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    dankind said:

You quarantined, SC?
    Almost. Home for Christmas :) 

Rain here, so no point in going out.
    Every day is fredagsmys!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    None of the Dirty Harry movies or spaghetti westerns?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    None of the Dirty Harry movies or spaghetti westerns?
    not a one
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    So many entertaining movies there.  Wish I could go back and see them for the first time...
    Escape from Alcatraz
    The Unforgiven
    Spaghetti westerns
    Dirty Harry's
    Any/every which way movies
    Pale rider
    Heartbreak Ridge
    In the line of fire

Squint with Clint marathons are always good.

I would watch The Outlaw Josey Wales pretty much once a month, forever.
    Hang em high

Man, so many good ones.

• The one with John Malkovich wanting to kill the President (in the line of fire?) is great.

But again - THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2020
    Westerns is such a boring genre btw.

If they do not include Kevin Costner.

I want to watch Tombstone though.
    Westerns is such a boring genre btw.

If they do not include Kevin Costner.

I want to watch Tombstone though.
    I can understand that opinion but I like westerns.  The slow burn can sometimes really be great.
    Bronco Billy FTW!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I probably grew a negative bias towards westerns when i was a rasslin' fan and my grandpa (he had a vcr, we didn't) would sometime accidentally videotape a late night western by mistake instead of my requested Saturday Night's Main Event. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    So many entertaining movies there.  Wish I could go back and see them for the first time...
    Escape from Alcatraz
    The Unforgiven
    Spaghetti westerns
    Dirty Harry's
    Pale rider
    Heartbreak Ridge
    In the line of fire

The Man with No Name trilogy is the best. Probably watched them all at least 10 times. Josey was another favorite.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Escape from Alcatraz
    The Unforgiven
    Spaghetti westerns
    Dirty Harry's
    Pale rider
    Heartbreak Ridge
    In the line of fire

Hell yeah! Plus he got to work with Ruth Gordon and Clyde. 

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot is another favorite of mine.