Options

Outrage Culture

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    brianlux said:
    The vitriolic response to Harry and Meghan's decision to back out of public life- an example of outrage culture?  Not the most important news on earth, but I think they deserve to have the life they want and I would say the hyperbolic reaction to that is outrage culture.  What'cha think?

I've never gave 2 shits about the royal family or anything they do.

What I find hysterical is that a newspaper dedicated 17 pages SEVENTEEN PAGES, to them.  

I just don't get it?  Let them do their own thing, dear lord.  God forbid someone doesn't enjoy the spotlight...
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    I guess Canada is to blame. They spent New Year’s with us, only a few kilometres from where I live, and decided to chuck it all ;)

I don’t blame them - there’s no way I’d go back to the hellish frenzy that is the British media. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    I guess Canada is to blame. They spent New Year’s with us, only a few kilometres from where I live, and decided to chuck it all ;)

I don’t blame them - there’s no way I’d go back to the hellish frenzy that is the British media. 
    100%. as someone online pointed out, they are protecting themselves from suffering the same fate as his mother. good for them. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    so i was perusing twitter trending topics again (my mistake) and found Alec Baldwin trending. so I clicked on it, thinking he did something to his daughter again. nope. 

an instagram post, ONE INSTAGRAM POST, claiming his wife has been "faking being spanish" went viral and now all the right leaning media are latching onto it as if it were true, and not only that, that it fucking matters. 

that's really what gets me. that people think stuff like this is something to actually be mad about. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Don’t click on it. That feeds the animal. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    so i was perusing twitter trending topics again (my mistake) and found Alec Baldwin trending. so I clicked on it, thinking he did something to his daughter again. nope. 

an instagram post, ONE INSTAGRAM POST, claiming his wife has been "faking being spanish" went viral and now all the right leaning media are latching onto it as if it were true, and not only that, that it fucking matters. 

that's really what gets me. that people think stuff like this is something to actually be mad about. 

Proof yet again that the far right es lleno de mierda!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764
     From an Instagram joke to an Alec Baldwin rant: The Hilaria Baldwin accent controversy, explained
    By Bethonie Butler and Sonia Rao

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2020/12/28/hilaria-baldwin-accent-controversy-explained/

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    You know what? Fuck this thread!

:perturbed::anguished::rage: 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mickeyrat said: ppl
     From an Instagram joke to an Alec Baldwin rant: The Hilaria Baldwin accent controversy, explained

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2020/12/28/hilaria-baldwin-accent-controversy-explained/

I laughed at “he took her hand and said, I must know you”. 

Glad it toook two people to explain this “controversy “. I was dying to know 🙄
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    hedonist said:

I’m still pissed Jill Biden calls herself a doctor.  I will probably rage on this for a year or two.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,823
    mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:

I’m still pissed Jill Biden calls herself a doctor.  I will probably rage on this for a year or two.
    Don't get me started on Doctor Dre.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:

:lol:

Then you got your Queens and other royalty. There’s a god-something out there too, I think. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:

Then you got your Queens and other royalty. There’s a god-something out there too, I think. 

If anyone tells me Dr Teeth isn't a real doctor I'm gonna lose my shit. 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    You know what? Fuck this thread!

:perturbed::anguished::rage: 
    I agree man!  FUCK IT!  Let's break some shit!
    Breaking Shit GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Come on Jack, you too!
    Throwing Things GIFs  Tenor

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:

Ha!

By the way, there are places that make you pay to break shit.

Suckers :lol:
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:

Ha!

By the way, there are places that make you pay to break shit.

Suckers :lol:

That can be a sweet deal... if it's a fund raiser!  I've never done this, but it looks like a blast!

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,823
    I can destroy that car in one swing...on my worst days, anyway.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    I can destroy that car in one swing...on my worst days, anyway.

LOL, I know the feeling. 

Check this out at around 2:38