I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    Zeppelin I through IV. All remastered, and my first copies. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,430
    Gibson said:
    Zeppelin I through IV. All remastered, and my first copies. 

oh shit. strap in. you're in for a ride.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Loujoe said:
    Yeah^^good for you. I'd pass too for 18. 10 maybe I'd grab It for a couple spins.
    What songs are u even listening?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    Loujoe said:
    Yeah^^good for you. I'd pass too for 18. 10 maybe I'd grab It for a couple spins.
    What songs are u even listening?
    Unthought known, amongst the waves, got some is goodish. I dont really listen to them much. I kind of forget why I like them but am reminded when I catch them live. Or when I listen to lost dogs!!
    mickeyrat said:

I remember waiting for that powerslave to come out and getting it. Love that cover and pretty epic record!
    As a kid I always wondered what they were going to do to Eddie. But this was the last maiden record I got. Got more into hardcore, punk and all that junk. (I still love)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,710

My friend suggested I check out Ramsey Lewis. So far I like it. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    edited December 2020
    GlowGirl said:

If that copy of Reckoning is an older used one, hold it up to a light. Some were pressed on translucent purple wax. Doesn’t add anything special, just a cool little variant. Some early copies of Murmur were pressed on a translucent brown vinyl too. I’ve found both a bit of hunting.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • mickeyrat said:

Metallicas Kill em all on cassette was 100% analog and I have certain sounds and notes tattooed in my brain forever.  When you give it a listen let us/me know.  I’d like to revisit this in analog glory.  The bass just hits in this.
    mickeyrat said:

Metallicas Kill em all on cassette was 100% analog and I have certain sounds and notes tattooed in my brain forever.  When you give it a listen let us/me know.  I’d like to revisit this in analog glory.  The bass just hits in this.

puppets is fantastic so I do expect the same...

heres the runout info via discogs...

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,710
    edited December 2020
    GlowGirl said:

If that copy of Reckoning is an older used one, hold it up to a light. Some were pressed on translucent purple wax. Doesn’t add anything special, just a cool little variant. Some early copies of Murmur were pressed on a translucent brown vinyl too. I’ve found both a bit of hunting.
    Cool. I just held it up to the light. It was totally translucent. Thanks for letting me know. It is a used copy. Here is the light shining through it. It doesn’t look purple on the photo, but more so in person.

Edit - I held it up to natural light today and it doesn't really look like a vibrant purple - more like a plum/brownish. But still translucent, so that is cool.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

puppets is fantastic so I do expect the same...
    Puppets I bought the boxed set w all the extras.  Love that one.  It is definitely mixed differently than Kill.  Orion is still a highlight on that cut.
  • DC29940 said:

My Christmas haul. The McCartney III is the Third Man yellow/black limited to 333 copies. Mine is #177. Listened to all three back to back and it made it a really cool experience. 
    That TMR 333 Mac III is beautiful. 
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    Happy Festivus to me. I have no grievances. 

Congrats on getting the Uncle Tupelo record. That one has been really hard to find anywhere near retail price. I found one in England at the RSD price. Just waiting (not so patiently) for it to arrive.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    DC29940 said:

My Christmas haul. The McCartney III is the Third Man yellow/black limited to 333 copies. Mine is #177. Listened to all three back to back and it made it a really cool experience. 
    It really is! They did such a great job with it, but Third Man does a great job with everything they do.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    edited December 2020
    DC29940 said:
    DC29940 said:

It really is! They did such a great job with it, but Third Man does a great job with everything they do.
    I was too late for the tmr exclusive mccartney but I did score the tmr one that was on his website. I think its red. It hasn't arrived yet but will hopefully be here soon. Haven't listened to the album yet but looking forward to it. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    Nabbed Soundgarden - Live at the Artists Den (4xLP) for $90CAD. Can’t wait to spin it. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Saw this earlier today and its like math, kind of tweaks my brain a bit. 
    Image may contain text that says PLAYING A RECORD ILL SHOW YOU SOMETHING INTERESTING COMPARE A POINT ON THE LABEL WITH A POINT ON THE RECORDS OUTER EDGE THEY BOTH MAKE A COMPLETE CIRCLE IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME RIGHT YEAH i BUT THE POINT ON THE RECORDS EDGE HAS  MAKE A BIGGER CIRCLE IN THE SAME TIME sO IT GOES FASTER SEE TWO POINTS ON ONE DISK MOVE AT THO SPEEDS EYEN THOUGH THEY BOTH MAKE THE SAME REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

^^^funny. Yep I listen to records not to think. That's what make the world spin round. Would that be faster at the poles and longer at the equator???? :-)
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    brianlux said:
    Image may contain text that says PLAYING A RECORD ILL SHOW YOU SOMETHING INTERESTING COMPARE A POINT ON THE LABEL WITH A POINT ON THE RECORDS OUTER EDGE THEY BOTH MAKE A COMPLETE CIRCLE IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME RIGHT YEAH i BUT THE POINT ON THE RECORDS EDGE HAS  MAKE A BIGGER CIRCLE IN THE SAME TIME sO IT GOES FASTER SEE TWO POINTS ON ONE DISK MOVE AT THO SPEEDS EYEN THOUGH THEY BOTH MAKE THE SAME REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    pjpjpaul said:

i like it
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    GlowGirl said:

mine's TOTALLY purple.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Hobbes said:
    brianlux said:

:lol:  Love it, Hobbes!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• That AIC pressing looks..... awful 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    A couple Kevin Gray cuts have finally arrived. Been waiting on these for a while.