GlowGirl said:
    Wonder Woman 1984
    Was it good @GlowGirl?
    Madagascar Escape 2
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Wonder Woman 1984 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    GlowGirl said:
    Wonder Woman 1984
    Yes, we watched as well.
    I thought it sucked - what a waste of so many great things.  The Pedro Pascal storyline was just horrible 
    Some parts that I liked and wish they would have focused on those.

What did you think?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    GlowGirl said:
    Wonder Woman 1984
    Was it good @GlowGirl?
    Madagascar Escape 2
    It was ok. I am glad I didn’t have to pay in a movie theater to see it. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Wonder Woman 1984
    Yes, we watched as well.
    I thought it sucked - what a waste of so many great things.  The Pedro Pascal storyline was just horrible 

What did you think?
    I thought the premise was interesting, but you are right that they could have done more with it. It was also a bit cheesy. I watched the whole thing so it did hold my attention enough with the parts that were good. 

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Wonder Woman 1984
    Yes, we watched as well.

What did you think?
    I thought the premise was interesting, but you are right that they could have done more with it. It was also a bit cheesy. I watched the whole thing so it did hold my attention enough with the parts that were good. 
    I can dig that.  We watched the whole thing too - my wife knows one of the actors so I think she was interested in seeing any other parts with him in it.
    I wanted to see how they wrapped up the giant shitmess of a story.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Wonder Woman 1984
    Yes, we watched as well.

What did you think?
    I can dig that.  We watched the whole thing too - my wife knows one of the actors so I think she was interested in seeing any other parts with him in it.
    I wanted to see how they wrapped up the giant shitmess of a story.
    I grew up in the DC area and liked seeing the scenes filmed in Georgetown and around DC. In the beginning of the movie they showed those teens shoplifting at a store called Commander Salamander. That was a real store then. I used to go to it. But it was less like the Hot Topic vibe they showed in the movie and more like a punk rock store. The movie also reminded me that next time I visit my parents I need to go back to the Hirschhorn Museum. Haven’t been there in ages. It’s such a cool building. 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Movies we watched the last several days:
    The Santa Clause
    Klaus - Good family movie on Netflix
    A Charlie Brown Christmas
    Home Alone
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Pap said:
    Lasse Halström directed it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Basic Instinct
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    WW84 was a little heavy handed in the themes it "explored", even for a comic book movie.  There were attempts at comic relief, but they were way too spread out.

I get it, lying and coveting is bad.   

There was an obvious continuity question I had, How'd they land and refuel that stolen plane in Egypt?  If it lost it's invisibilty when WW stopped touching it, where did they park it?  As far as I know, the Air and Space Museum in DC is not physically connected to the Air Space annex out at Dulles.  They are 35 miles apart.  That facility also did not open until 2003, a full 19 years after 1984. 

HBO MAX now has the Lynda Carter episodes so that's good.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Pap said:
    Yep, and his daughter makes a short cameo appearance at the very beginning of it. Brilliant flick! :clap:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    edited December 2020
    Saving Flora (2018)
    Post edited by Pap on
  • Pap said:
    Pap said:
    Yep, and his daughter makes a short cameo appearance at the very beginning of it. Brilliant flick! :clap:
    Have you seen My life as a dog?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Soul on disney plus
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    Have you seen My life as a dog?
    Nope. Any good?
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    edited December 2020
    Pap said:
    I have almost clicked on it.... soon...

Soul. It was inspirational 👏.

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    1917 (2019)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    ‘Soul’ on Disney+
    Great movie!

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Time Bandits - Wikipedia
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    tish said:
    Pap said:
    You're not going to regret it...
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    23scidoo said:
    Time Bandits - Wikipedia
    One of my all-time favorites :)
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    hedonist said:
    23scidoo said:
    Time Bandits - Wikipedia
    One of my all-time favorites :)
    It was my 4th or 5th time..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    Pap said:
    tish said:
    Pap said:
    Vetoed by Pipsqueak!
    Class Action Park

Pretty good doc. Lots of mullets and an Alice In Chains cameo. As a teen I totally would have gone there. But as an adult - yikes. Reminded me of a water slide down a steep hill I went down in Costa Rica a few years ago. It banged me up pretty good and took a few weeks for the bruises to heal. But so much fun. 

tish said:
    Pap said:
    tish said:
    Pap said:
    Vetoed by Pipsqueak!
    reaction funny gif  WiffleGif